AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Same time as rooz Sunday league but will be in atleast a couple hours early so join my party whenever
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  2. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

1.37's are possible http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=2123&car=2501&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all <- good leaderboard app
    Its weird though, the gold medal time on PC is 1.40.00 so maybe something is wrong with the times on the console version.
  3. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    yeah like i said in my post, the world record is 3 tenths faster than the gold medal time.
    Im not sure how they could stuff up the times like that, how hard is it to copy "1:40:000" and paste it onto the PS4.
    What a mess LOL.
    If you dont mind, could you tell me the score for gold in the FA01 at Vallelunga (Time attack) and the time for gold of the Alfa R 4C at Nordschleife?
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Geez, that FXX K is just plain scary to drive!
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  5. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Have a crack at Lauda's Ferrari F1 with no assists then haha.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I've only had an hour on this game yesterday and I love it , I cant wait to get on tomorrow and smash it hard . OH YEAH !!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Decided to try it instead of returning it played for around 2 hours tonight,
    Had fun online with the rooz guys good but overall it's a pretty crap game compared to pcars,
    I feel the no online private lobbies is the least of its worries, felt like I was playing a PS3 game the graphics are so bad, hardly any tracks and cars, crash physics are worse then pcars,
    Only good things is the steering feel, force feedback and sound,
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
    Killercarlcox69 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

What time u gonna be online ?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well here's the most accurate review i've seen:
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    This is where I'm at, bearing in mind that I did play this on PC for a bit some time ago so I have some point of reference.
    Apart from its obvious and well documented shortcomings, my major complaint is the ffb, yes that's right. I used a bmw e30 group a car as my test vehicle at Catalunya gp and After spending some time on it and fiddling with all the settings it's just not right, it just feels very rubbery like driving with an old mad catz wheel with a very strong bungee chord in the pre ffb wheel days. What really annoys is there is no feeling of understeer at all, the tension on the wheel stays the same regardless if you're fanging it through an on camber corner perfectly or if you've pushed to hard or missed your brake maker and ploughed on straight ahead, it gives you no idea how much grip you have or don't have, something the PC version did very well. Yes, the understeer effects setting is there but that just makes everything feel weird and is like an on/off switch and as it says it's an effect not proper ffb. I'm certainly no PCARS fanboy and I hate to say it but at the moment if you can sort out all pcars convoluted ffb settings and get it set right it actually does ffb better. I will continue to experiment and while I welcome the simplicity after the pcars system, but with only a strength setting to play with for ffb, (the other settings are for added on effects, I'm still very undecided. I'm not saying one is better than the other or anything like that, all racing games have faults and weirdness, what we're constantly searching for is a game that suits our needs as a league platform, not one that does one or two things well, while we wait for the next crapshoot to be released and it all starts again. Oh and beware of some of the AI they drive like pingas were handed out before the race.
    Cheers
  11. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Lol still 10000000x better than Pcars AI, and they are actually fast, unlike Pcars where they were 3-4s a lap slower than me on 100%.
    Let me know how you go with FFB, i wouldn't mind some trying something different.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'm still loving this game , did some racing with a few of the guys and had a ball . I don't think it will be ever one's cup of tea , but once you get use to it its awesome .
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    I can't get use to the lack of information for ''sim''. No tyre temp or wear indicators is mind boggling. And the AI... Stuff me. I get pit manouvered every race at turn 1, restart, rinse and repeat so regularly its almost farcical. I see this game as something I will use alongside pcars, not instead of it. On the other hand the open wheelers feel fantastic and you can really feel the changes in the cars when you increase down force or aggressively camber. Great simulator of racing, just stuff all of anything else.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  14. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Best looking car game on ps4? Big call!
  15. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    AI are fine, As long as you dont turn across them.
  16. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    I disagree. I have been taken out countless times holding my line through t1. Seems like luck of draw sometimes.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yeah What drugs had that guy been smoking. Have you seen how crap the trees and spectators look... Look like cardboard cutouts. and what is up with the mirrors, also reflections details in the paint. This stuff can't be fixed with a patch it's just a small budget game and that's just how it is. Some people probably won't care but I just think it's not good enough.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I agree, everything about this game reeks of cheapness.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  19. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah, put your bloody glasses on pal, I would say it's OK but not up to current expectations for the ps4,
    In other news I've done some more fettling with the ffb and have managed to improve it and get it much closer to what I am used to but something is still missing. For me it appeared to be needed to be turned down even further than the 40 I'd had it at originally, as the overbearing strength seemed to drown out a lot of detail, as well as turning on the understeer effects has nearly got it there.
    I think the problem may lie in the game doesn't differentiate between the different types/brands of wheels for ffb, ie: in every other game (and even the PC version of AC) you input what wheel you have and the game would follow set parameters for that particular wheel, hence g29's are set up different to a t300 on other games, with AC it seems to be a "one size fits all" arrangement with only ffb strength being the difference with weaker wheels needing more and that's it, with the game not allowing for the differing strengths and weaknesses of the different wheels. It works, but it could be so much better, and not being able to map buttons is a royal PITA, hopefully these are things that are fixed in future updates, don't get me wrong it's good, but at the moment like beverages said, it's something to play alongside pcars, but it's missing too much stuff to be a replacement. So has AC been dumbed down for consoles, I would say it certainly has.
    Cheers
    SPL Racing and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well it's not. Drive club has that title by a mile. It's car models are superb the only thing it lacks is the amount of detail in the rear view mirrors and trees, grass and other track scenery.