Season 5 - Division 3.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Confirming that VARDZ should get last place points for race 1 for trying to join with connection issues.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    cheers
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, Driver briefing for R5 at Laguna seca. Remember we are back to a compulsory stop this round, please make sure you have your tire option set to change if you need to. I have yet to do a race run so have no idea if you will get through on the one set of tires. Is tough to pass here, and as always is a chance of knocking someone into a penalty, particularly at the corkscrew. PLEASE, if you knock someone off there please redress. Its a no brainer.

[​IMG]
    Weather Slots
    1. Heavy Cloud

2. Overcast
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear
    [​IMG]

Fuel: REAL
    Tire Wear : REAL
    Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : ON
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    DAMAGE : Visual only

PIT EXIT / ENTRY : All drivers MUST use the proper pit exit. Drivers exiting straight onto track will receive a drive through of 30 seconds. Remember too, there is a slight kink on entry, your car WILL hit the wall on the right, but if you go in to hot i have seen cars get stuck there. BE WARNED !
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at T2, 4, 6,8,9 and 10.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 2, 8 and 11. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Won't make this round guys. Unfortunately will be interstate for a funeral. Already missed one round with a planned trip away and was banking on that being my dropped round. Any chance of last place points for a unplanned absence? As I would race if I could. @Hatfield @stucar17 @Ad2mny
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I know the circumstances, and am happy to give it to you. Best wishes to the family mate
    Anthonyb and t_b_williams like this.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Go freddy, Prostate racing is going great this season, cept for AO. Oh well nothings perfect.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    freddyp_33 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Wait till next season when your up against the aliens!;)
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Haha funny, we know that won't happen. A certain sandbagger is in line for that way before me. Plus I miss the last 2 rounds due to work commitments anyway!
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Oooo a sandbagger. who who who?
  11. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Is it blindman????
    Zachery likes this.
  12. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I would prefer not to mention names, let's just say there are a few worried sheep in NZ at the moment !
    Zachery likes this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Slight change for tonight , laps now 31 and fuel to slow.
  14. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Hi all
    I'm out tonight
    NAACS'y
  15. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Pole Position:
    [​IMG]
    Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    SPL Racing and Ad2mny like this.
  16. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Final results pending protest
    AOCleaner74 and dj2ca like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Well done freddy on making your tires go the distance... had i had the chance to practice i guess i would have found out that 31 laps was doable on 1 set oh well i guess that is what happens when you are an arrive and drive.... have always felt very comfortable at laguna seca and securing pole was a bonus. i had managed a 22'506 early in the week at my only practice so i thought i could be on for a result. Start was very ordinary... didnt feel like i missed the lights get when fred and dj swamped me before the bridge it was a wake up call. Dj lost it out of turn 4 so up to P2 it was and then i settled in behind freddy... on lap 3 i had a moment and dropped a second or so and the gap to fred was out to 2 seconds..with a few good laps i manged to get back on to freds rear wing and when he had a moment at T5 i was through and i worked on clearing out which i did... 9 seconds was the gap when i pitted on lap 17 and took tires which cost me the race i guess... i was running in 3rd up to lap 29 i think it was when i inherited 2nd with dj making his stop and with the gap i 5 secs to dj i switched off and sure enough around i went ..... managed to get it pointed in the right direction and bring it home for a podium finish... can't help but think it was a win that got away but if you dont practice and find out your tire life you are at real disadvantage to the guys that are on 2 or 3 or more nights a week... this round and willow were the only 2 i was looking forward to this season... can't stand donington and don't know dubai so that is it for my front runner this season... again well done freddy good luck catching ya sand bagger mate in the next two rounds.... congratz dj on your podium finish...
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done to vardz & dj on the other podium positions. Qualified 3rd and knew I definitely didn't have the pace of vardz & dj. I had a blinder of a start to jump vardz. Had an interesting moment with vardz gaining on me, my "share" button screen decided to pop up and block off half my screen. More than enough to distract me and allow vardz through. Vardz had a lot better race pace than me so would have got past anyway. Looking at the fastest laps of the race i see that I had the slowest fastest lap out of everyone. Talk about the tortoise and the hare. Wasn't sure on tyre strategy and took a gamble on not taking on tyres, I thought that most others would do the same. In fact I thought dj had the race in the bag and i was fighting for 2nd, I didn't realise that dj hadn't pitted. So very surprised when he pitted and I inherited the lead.
    I hear what you are saying about practice vardz, I only had a chance to do half a run on Sunday morning due to work commitments during the week. It certainly makes a lot of difference.
    As far as my sandbagger mate goes he should have the title in the bag, I won't be racing this next round as I'm back on night shift. I might have to pay someone to go and pull his internet plug out on Sunday night!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had no practice this week apart from about 30 minutes before the race, enough to know I wouldn't need to take tyres though. Got a blistering start off the line (into the lead) only to spin the damn car at turn 4, do'h! I think that put me back into P7, it was a battle to fight through the pack up to a podium. Had a great little battle with Ad in the middle of the race which was heaps of fun. Clipped the wall coming into the pits which turned me at 90° to the wall, the game had control at that point and took its sweet time turning the car back around. If that hadn't happened I would have come out of the pits right alongside VARDZZ I think. Oh well. This is my favourite circuit in the whole game so I knew I'd do ok here. Had a couple of moments with back markers getting right in the way while chasing VARDZ after pitting, slowed me down a fair bit. I'm happy to get the podium though. Congrats to Fred on the win and to VARDZ on second place.
  20. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    ...well done in making your tires work across the races guys... kudos ...

I wanted to change ...the game failed me ... and I just had no traction in the second half and I was just skating around the track ... trying to avoid bumping into people passing me :) ...
    Ad2mny likes this.