Season 5 - Division 3.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys... with just 1 round remaining and the next season of Project cars league not until the new year ... JasonD has a series thread up... have a look and if you would like to continue racing on Sunday night regular time throw an entry in... Please be clear on this it is an endurance series so races do go over 1.5 hours
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/multi-class-endurance-series.2480/
  2. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Unfortunately gents I will miss the last race due to work commitments again (night shift). So good luck to everyone.
    It looks like unless there is a major upset that Blindman will take out the title. So back to where you came from Sand....... er Blindman :thumbsup: Definitely too quick and consistent for us in div 3!!
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, here we are at the final round for 2016 !
    Good luck to all those drivers who are fighting it out for a championship against some very good drivers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuel - slow

Tire wear - REAL
    Tire Compound - Start race on soft (default) then open at first stop.
    VISUAL DAMAGE - OFF (due to loss of headlight at night after contact / crash)
    Compulsory Stop - Pit lane open END OF LAP 1

IMPORTANT !!! Make sure you have adjusted your pit strategy to change to the tires you want to use at your stop ! It is an OPEN STRATEGY for the enduro, meaning you can run on the SOFT, MEDIUM or HARD tire if you want. I think you can get through with 1 stop on the softs though without too much hassle.
    FUEL : I will test tonight to make sure we can get home.....you will need to average under 1.2 L per lap to make the 50 laps.....remember if you decide to take fuel you need to fill up to a certain amount of fuel. I will do some maths tonight based on a race run.

Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light cloud
    3. Heavy Cloud
    4. clear

Qual : 10 mins (PIT LANE CLOSED DURING QUAL)
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT (default)- may run MEDS OR HARDS from pit stop if you wish.
    DAMAGE : OFF due to needing lights during night running
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fast, if you come in there too hot you will hit the wall on the left.
    TRACK LIMITS : There are a few spots here where you can run wide WITHOUT incurring a penalty. Turns 15 and 16 are the two most notable, so, please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every other corner, so be ware !!Any drivers continually, and intentionally going off track will incur a penalty
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Plenty of passing opportunities, but be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    That's me done for the season.
    Did my ankle again last night during futsal, no chance it'll be good to use by Sunday.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, have done a race run to test that everything works as it should !!!..

I finished with 3.1 L of fuel so that's 2.5 laps spare, cant imagine anyone running out, if you do there is something wrong somewhere with how you are driving :p

TIRES : MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR PIT STRAT SO YOU TAKE SLICKS...A few of they guys in the prac races have taken wets because they hadn't changed AND SAVED their strategy !!! Will get through comfortably on soft for both stints.

PIT ENTRY : Make sure you stay right on the exit of T15 when you intend to make your stop. This will stop you having to 'potentially' drive across the nose of another car to enter the pits. Also, go in too hot and you will hit the wall and cop a potential penalty.

Stu
    NAACS and Ad2mny like this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Not going to get home in time ..
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    :(
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DSC FLASHFIRST and CRUCIAL
  10. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Thanks to everyone who showed up tonight for the final race of the series . As you no I got on with 5 mins left in quali and lucky to put a lap in which got me on the front row . Well done getting pole TB ! Got a great start with TB right with me and we swapped positions I don't no how many times for the first 16 laps it was great stuff I would like to see the replay TB share please . TB made about a 6 sec gap on me so I set about trying to reel him in after a few laps the gap was slowly dropping think I was within about 3 sec when I came around the first turn to find TB coming back onto the track I was holding a tight line when he slowly came across in front of me we had nose to tail contact without to much of a loss to the rest of the field and I set about trying to put a decent gap between us . As the race was coming mid distance I had about 20 sec lead and I no TB must of had a couple of offs so I waited for TB to pit and the gap went out to around 40 sec so I pitted next lap only to hit the Pit entry wall dead stop find reverse and 1st and into the pit . Didn't have time before race to check pit stradergy luckily it changed tyres and back out with a health gap to TB thought I would try and conserve tyres as TB was putting in some quick laps hopeing his tyres would deteriate towards the end . But he just keep coming at me with about 4 laps to go he was with in 3 sec . I thought this is going to be close but with 1 or 2 to go TB must of had another spin ! I was home ! Had a great series won every race I went in and it wasn't on pure speed just consistent and not spinning to much well done to my good mate Freddy p who went AWSOME this season and the rest of you guys great raceing with you all sure we will de back at it in seasons to come :cool: race ya later !
  11. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Somethings not right with the total race time?
  12. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Yep, Div 3 guys are quick going by those times ! Well done to blindman on dominating div 3 this year. Thanks to everyone else for some good racing through out the season. Looking forward to the next season.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Has anyone else got total race times
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What a race! Was surprised to have the pace I did with very limited seat time this week. Surprised myself to no end getting pole, but @Blindman got a ripper of a start and led into turn one. The next 16 laps were intense. Some of the best closest door to door racing I've had in ROOZ in a long time. Can't remember how many times the lead changed. But Blindman drove the more consistent race, I just struggled too much at turn one, especially in the cold of night. Must have spun there 4 - 5 times. Was the win that got away.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That's all I've got. Not sure about Ads and Webs times.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Blindman, congrats on the championship mate, well done.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done Blindman for your season win. Freddy and Vardz, well done as well on rounding out the podium. Shame the numbers dropped for the last few rounds, i think though there was genuine reasons for that. Hopefully we can get them up again for the next season.

Thanks to all the guys who helped with season set up, testing, protests, recording results and race reports. We really do have a great little community.

As with every season, we saw some great racing, game issues aside, and i really hope that its enough to see you back again for season 6 early next year. At this stage we will be looking at an early Feb start once people get back from holidays. We will be looking to streamline a couple of things over the break, tweaking a few of the rules and regs, and generally trying to make things a little easier on the mod team, who are at times stretched for time. Nothing dramatic, just some fine tuning is all.

As always thanks to our great sponsors, and on this occasion Hess and his team at PAGNIAN for the great, and ongoing support they have given raceonoz over the years. The draw for this great prize will hopefully be very soon, will advise as soon as we can lock in a date.

I have set up an entry thread and car discussion thread.....links below.....please indicate your intention there so we can start to get things sorted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-6-entry-thread.2494/
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-6-car-discussion.2495/#post-130582

While i am sure we will see most of you online over the coming weeks, can i say officially, on behalf of the mod team, thanks for your ongoing support of the forum, have a great xmas and new year, stay safe......and we genuinely hope to see you all back again next year for some more racing in whatever series floats your boat !

Cheers
    Stu / Mod team.
    t_b_williams, Blindman and Ad2mny like this.