Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    #haasgate2k17
    JonoStan96, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If anyone ever truly knew the amount of time i put into trying to improve this community, all the videos i put out trying to show off the community, the news articles i take time out of my own days and nights to make the homepage look a little better, the constantly posting trying to be funny to give a laugh. Over 3 years of doing my best to help make the ROOZ series the best they can be, constantly racing into the night to try and find these freaking glitches so we have more fair competition. Default tune on pcars, tyre changes on pcars, the Season 5 handbrake glitch on GT6, i played a role in fixing every single one of them. I :):):):) up once, and i get this response.
    Think i'm over reacting, but the amount of time and effort i put into trying to improve this community, this is a bigger stab in the back than some of you might realise. I did wrong in two :):):):)ing races, and i get labelled a cheat. I'm sorry but i truly felt i did no wrong. Enjoy your series guys.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm not pointing blame or accusing anyone of cheating. I'm not angry either, just disappointed.
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    So how many others knew of this glitch and used it?
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Mate, relax, and toughen up. We know youre not a cheat, but this doesnt look good, thats all. Enough with the twelvie guilt trip thing, we all know how much :):):):) you do around here.
    Lets just finish off the season, now all knowing what the glitch thing is, have a break and breathe. This is getting out of hand
  6. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I know this exploit through watching AOR vids, i havent raced here so havent had the chance to use it, they dont seem to mind the exploit because you do have to start on a harder tyre so really its up to the driver, this glitch is also less noticeable on tracks with less general wear
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ive only glanced over the last to pages. Can you give me the short version of whats happened.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Easier to read back 2 pages mate
  9. its-benny-racer

Just a major tyre cheat glitch that it seems some knew about and chose not to share with the league.
  10. its-benny-racer

Fair to say that if you busted your :):):) trying to get pole on the softest tyres, you were probably being laughed at.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    For sure, I got pole 5 times... lol and basically went nowhere with pole on the softest tyre
    Viperzed, JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    It would explain why it's been hard to win from pole
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  13. its-benny-racer

Yup, and 1 guess where I last started on the middle tyre (and actually finished the race), Germany.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    #PoleGate2k16-7
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    New regulations will be made official by Wednesday afternoon. Any mudslinging will not be tolerated.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Beau_Albert you're not a cheat.

This isn't the first time stuff like this has happened.

GT6 had the pit glitch where, after pitting, your car was not as fast so we had races where you basically went as long as you could to maximise the time on the initial tyres
    It also has the thing where if you can fit increased wheel sizes on your car, it makes you quicker over a lap (and isn't considered tuning)
    Pcars had a bunch of stuff that I know you personally helped with testing to find a way to stop them being exploited.

Great to see that even our little F1 league can have as much controversy as the real thing lol
    Viperzed likes this.
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    F1 is always about who can find and exploit a loophole in the rules before the other teams find out and either copy or the rules are changed :p
    seth123 likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    after breathing and sleeping, I must apologise for my behaviour last night. mightve went a bit overboard with my wording. im disappointed, but dont think you intentionally cheated so to speak. if i think about it id say it was a slight oversight at worst.
    seth123 and The_Spectre like this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I wonder whether others are more dirty at Beau because they expect better from him? or that they didnt do their own research to find and exploit it first (it's been around since October after all)? Honestly, im in the latter camp, but mostly because the issue has invalidated all of the time and work I have put in to my setups and improving my lap times to try to keep at the pointy end of the field over the last 15 races.

Now that we all know about it, lets figure out the best course of action to manage it, without killing off all strategy options in the remaining races.
  20. its-benny-racer

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/12/12/reader-submission-128-the-f1-2016-tire-wear-scandal/
    From reading this, the glitch is always determined by the tyre you start on, basically if you start on the softest tyre, all sets of tyres you use will wear out faster than for someone who starts on a harder compound. Starting on the hardest compound gives the biggest advantage (but only those outside the top 10 have that option)

This particularly rings true from my experience at Singapore as I was very alarmed by how fast the SS tyres in my second stint wore out around a track that isn't considered particularly hard on tyres.

If this is true, then the only way to make things level between top 10 and outside the top 10 qualifiers would be to restrict which compound people can start on (most likely to the middle compound), otherwise we might end up in a situation where people intentionally go slower in qually in order to start on the hardest compound which would be a complete farce.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.