Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So for running wide and trying to hold line is a punishable crime?

Why don't we call the next GP a VSC speed limited to 150km whoever gets pole wins, Since it seems so hard to race, never had an issue where sharing the track was was this difficult with another official league. Hell GTPES full of international drivers could share the track, and we are an Australian & New Zealand league for reasons other than connection reasons

But when it comes down to a hobby for fun racing when you can't get an inch of room what the hell is going on??

There is no prize money here other than a handful of blokes with near a grand invested here to have fun.
    Viperzed likes this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

rookie report

dry race! last night felt like a test session.. pb by .8 in qually had me fairly ****** chuffed

good start & then my usual getting spooked by everyone else had me running last & then i took a breathe... im last, sweet, no pressure at all. made up a couple of places after other's errors & went as long as i could till the Manor got slidy. didnt tweak my fuel load on the grid so was conflicted to go full rich & gun it or run lean & make them hards last. couple of places lost as i decided to cruise & play the waiting game, running shotgun for my teamie for a few laps was a highlight, then @Hatfield was gone into the distance...
    it felt like it all happened on the same lap... @seth lapped me & then the sc happened, we were closest to the pits & a part of my brain knew it was the right time to pit, as seth did too. i took the white walled tyres trusting the pit crew & earned a trophy on the night(!) how long will the sc stay out & can i get them to the end?
    after all the stops had played out i was very close to @Bryan_F & i went way deep into the final chicane after the 100marker had dissapeared, i had no intention of stuffing it down the inside & found myself doing exactly that! stay inside! stay inside! it must have come off as Hat mentioned in his debrief... sweet! i knew i was in a groove & then the race ended too early for me
    p8! points on debut!! so im celebrating here
    cheers all, fabulous to be racing with you on Thurs nights
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yet another race with a disappointing end... seriously when will luck go my way? Not a single race where I haven't been taken out in some way. :cry:

Was over the moon to have qualified 5th and only 0.5 of a second off pole sitter Benny.

Race start was very conservative for me, held it on the outside of T1 and 2 and let Warrior have the inside line.
    Some very close battles between Seth and Jono for the next couple of laps before contact with the two on lap 3 sent Seth into a spin with nowhere to go for me. Front wing gone and many positions lost.

The next lap saw me in the pits earlier than planned for hard tyres and a new nose.

Back out on track and hunted down Bounty and Bryan, whom I passed with the help of DRS in successive laps.
    I then was set on chasing Knuckles down for the next 5 laps.

When I finally caught the back of him on the straight leading into 130R, I backed off to give a bit of extra room before a sudden brake by Knuckles put me into the back of him and off the track without a front wing, again... I don't understand why the brakes were used there, considering 130R is a corner you take flat comfortably, didn't really leave me much of an option, and keeping in mind that I was already completely off throttle.

Went back into the pits for another new nose and a further screw around saw my team put the wrong set of tyres on. If I were to continue would have had to pit again for tyres due to the fact that these ones weren't going to last. So at this point I had already had enough and was too frustrated to keep on going...

Another day another race, hopefully my luck will change in the land of Freedom.
    Until then fellas, keep doing skids. :laugh:
    warrior2167, Bounty05 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Glad to see you enjoyed yourself mate, always good to see a newbie join and have a blast, at no matter what end of the grid.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I could see you had tow from benny and I, and I could see you following benny. Thought you were going to follow him through down the inside so i braked to fall back in behind the pair of you after the corner. Sucky situation. Never intended to brake check you. I would always rather let someone pass then either driver having a dnf, or accident.
    razor4797 likes this.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I should have caught him within the 27, but those missing brake markers caused me miss the chicane completely twice. Credit to Jono who didn't make those mistakes.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Even if that was the case, that in no way is your fault... even in Seth's POV he should have backed out...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Only been the entire season. Finally have a vid up for japan gp. Mostly just me getting overtaken.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Look what you've done now, you've only gone and spawned some old understeer iRacing Devo series spec jokes :roflmao:
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well with an attitude to driving like that he would fit in very well too the back of the Dev series grid
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Spidey_11 and nigegunz like this.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Racing incident mate no hard feelings.
    From watching your video it seems you don't have the car indicator arrows enabled?
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Around the outside at Debner 1 is suicide... either jono wouldve ended up in the sand or would've hit Seth (like what happened)... possibly the worst corner on the track to try overtake an opponent imo

Would be interested to see the other perspective
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

Really enjoyable race last night. I had an ok start and I was hoping to complete the 1st lap unscathed, thankfully I did despite dropping places to razor and zach. I think I had the same issue as Seth with the wear on the tyres, should have been around 10% at the start.

2nd Stint on the softs should be a good watch, great battles with Pringles, Zach and Jono. The safety car was almost perfect for me even though I was planning to go to lap 15. My Toro Rosso pit crew might need some practice because I was beaten out of the pits twice, first by Pringles and then Jono.

3rd stint was crazy good, I'm pushing so hard and the time to Jono remains consistent, 1.2 1.3 1.2, it was only until the last 5 laps when I started to close, but those couple of mistakes at the chicane really cost me and I ended up 1.2 seconds off the win.

Why did we have so few last night? This is the best racing you can get on console.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Exactly, I find it hard to understand why we're not running at least 2 rooms,

People seem to tolerate unstable lobbies, understeery cars, the same track selection and poor tyre wear simulation in existing games.

Here we have mostly stable gameplay, and even when there is lag the game seems to fill in the gaps pretty well. Cars that turn in when no other car on earth will. And 21 of the best tracks around, a good mix of street circuits, high speed courses and everything in between.

The way I see it, GT Sport will have only 1 edge over this game and that is car variety, but in all other aspects F1 is going to be very tough for them to beat. I will be very impressed if they manage to make even 1 of the cars feel this connected.
    Viperzed, JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Wow @Zachery that move on lap 1 is easily an OOTS (Overtake Of The Season) entry!
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Which move? I wanna see it cos i dont remember it lol

Edit: the final chicanes on warrior? Was beautiful eh lol
    The_Spectre likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Anyone on tonight take me through some of the finer points of the game
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I keep getting the error code CE-33096-1 pop up whenever my video is fully processed, it's happened twice now, extremely annoying. Has anyone else had this issue?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.