Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

That race was so full on, I'll have to watch the replay to remember half of what happened.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

all good, i was on the very worn ss's i stopped for under safety car. i could see 2 cars were coming past but got spooked when the 3rd car of Knucks was suddenly there also! a light tap & i was facing the wrong. i had been ignoring the tyre deg till that point & then checked & my front right was at 87%
    Zachery likes this.
  3. its-benny-racer

I must be weird, I find Mexico to be a blast. Especially around the back of the circuit, the tight double apex right and the fast esses take balls to be quick through there.
    I can understand why they got rid of the old last turn, that was a fatality waiting to happen.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you guys couldn't get back in?
  5. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Didnt even think to try :/ deleting the game felt the best option at the time
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Didnt bother only few laps to go. Disappointed but had a race long battle with zachery till that, prob best of season for me. Didnt get replay after dsc either. Sucked
    Zachery likes this.
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just a lack on speed in my race. I was about .5 seconds slower on avg. Back to the drawing board for the setup next week.

Looked like a fantastic race upfront, congrats to the podium and can't wait to see the replays.
  8. its-benny-racer

Great effort in qually for the Renaults too, 3 of us within .06 of a second!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified 9th but should have been higher as i went purple in the first 2 sectors but had a big slide at the second to last corner which screwed my lap up.
    Race starts ok as i jump from 9th to 7th and all was good until i came across 2 Red Bull's who couldn't decide who was going to give track position to who and whichever car checked up did is so suddenly i ran straight into the back without any warning only to finish it off with a face full of concrete barrier.
    The safety car came out which was a relief otherwise i may have called it a night. Ended up changing to softs planning to run a soft soft till the end of the race. But kinda like @warrior2167 i just wasn't as quick as the front runners and my hatred for this track really showed in my pace. Held the lead for a few laps but Benny and Jono came through at a rate of knots to the point where i just let them go. To be honest i was kinda happy with 6th just because COTA is a track i really struggle at so it was nice to get some points. Looking forward to Mexico though i really love that track.
    Also i decided to dedicate this race to Jan Struve, If you haven't read my 12 hour reports you'll have no idea what i'm on about but he was a driver i was working with at the 12 Hour who ended up injured due to a bad crash. I ended up running the #95 on the car as that was the number he won the WEC GT-PRO class last season as the team manager. I also tried to get his helmet as accurate as i could. I also ran the Danish flag which is his nationality. It felt special to run this race for him and i hope he gets well soon.
    [​IMG]
  10. its-benny-racer

11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I will say though that we must send our best wishes to @Zachery who declared his innings with sim racing for the time being and it was a pleasure that tonight was your last. Giving up a passion especially when you're such a prolific member of this community must not have been an easy decision to make, but I'm sure in regards to raising your child and starting a family, in your mind you've certainly made the right one for you. I hope the last race was a fun one until you crashed it in the pits!
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Cheers @JonoStan96, Appreciate it mate. I have to say this has been my favourite season by an absolute mile! Massive thanks to Jono for organising this, and to everyone who has raced in this series. I have had great battles with all of you and it was a BLAST!

Special mention to @The_Spectre, you've been a great team mate all series and have helped me with setups and strategies all series. Also mate, our battle at Hungary will stick in my mind for a long time. its gotta be the best 1v1 battle ive ever had mate, and it was mega clean.

Enjoy your racing lads, because like me, you never know when you might have to step away.

I'll be back maybe for the occasional run with a controller, but as for a permanent spot, I'm Out
    **Drops Mic and walks off Stage**
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Having never driven here, I put in this most laps I have ever done in qualifying and was happy with my mediocre pace.
    I found particular trouble with loss of traction out of the esses which is where my cut track penalty came from.

Off the start I stayed wide and missed the T1 accident to slot in for the SC.
    On restart, I just couldn't keep up with @Knuckles and ran with @Nigel Burley not far behind.
    This was until @Motors560 caught me. I kept him at bay for a few laps but he was keeping much better runs out of the esses and passed me before the back straight and proceeded to disappear.

Other hairy moments included getting caught by @its-benny-racer & @JonoStan96 on my last lap of my first stint and having benny go left and jono go right while I tried to keep it steady so as to not wreck, and near the end knuckles caught me but made a mess of his attempted pass to spear into the back of me. He did try to wait but that meant I passed him off track and the game said to give the place back.

8th was better than I should've gotten probably
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I had a bit of a chuckle to myself when we both basically stopped on track to try and readress. My dsc was the fitting judge in the end i guess. I had great pace for me in first and last sectors but even running 6 and 6 on downforce had no straight line. Even thou season is not over im already looking forward to practicing in the same car as driving in season 2.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I ran 7-7 :eek:
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

In tt i ran 7 7. Should not of messed with it. Spewing i have no footage of race. Spat it after dsc and just turned ps4 off.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I knew you were still basically saying 'no go on hat I am redressing' so I had to just stop the car so you would pass me to avoid my drivethrough
    good thing you dsc so I could avoid putting in a protest LOL
    Knuckles likes this.
  18. its-benny-racer

No wonder top speed was an issue, I was running 6/5.

To compensate I dialled back the ballast 1 click to keep the rear in check out of turn 9. This does increase understeer a bit but I found it worked better overall, also kept the tyre wear pretty even front to back.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P4 - I was disapointed with qualifying as I thought I couldve been higher, warming up before the race i was able to pump in 36.2-4s for fun. I did a banker of 36.9 which was scrappy then on my final fast lap had a big slide through the esses section and was 3 tenths down on my first lap already and practically gave up after that.

Race: P7 - I had reasonable race pace early and had a 2 stopper planned and thought it might still work after the SC period. Seth and I traded blows after the SC for a couple laps, but struggled a bit on the softs in my middle stint. After Seth pitted for mediums and came out just in front of me I knew i needed to pass him to have any chance of keeping up but gradually as my softs went off he drew out a gap. Warrior was closing up behind me too, so I pitted a 2nd time for SS again and put in a few good laps hoping to gap warrior but ultimately that 2nd stop put me far behind and noone else seemed to pit again. Finished P7

So I had good pace but my strategy let me down massively.
  20. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Even though the cars are 'Equal', there are differences inbetween. Like i said, they all have different handling characteristics and varying top speeds. No where near as extreme as Single Player, but it is there. You're in the Mclaren correct? I hope i remember that right.... because if you are that does still have the lowest Top Speed of the 4 Engine Manufacturers. Can't remember exact numbers, it's not massive, but it could explain your straight-line downfall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.