Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Correct. Merc next season. You're coming back. Right. I dont mind being slower some guys are just better. I enjoy trying to follow and race close.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Not sure if race distance is a factor in relative car performance, I used the same setup on Wednesday night for the 25% distance. Best race lap time in the McLaren was a 1:38.7. Last night my best lap in the Williams was 1:39.3. Both on the soft tyres on a 1 stop strategy.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

That will be the 'some guys are just better' part. Still get to race so im ok regardless of what car im in.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    What?
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Some guys are just flat out better then others. Ive been basically mid pack all season. Actually been trying too. Lol
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Heres all my excitement, Got unlucky with what caused the safety car made my strategy a tiny bit harder, gg benny and sad to see Zachery go.

7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Hatfield
    @Bounty05 moves up to 10th as neither Knuckles or Torana made it to the chequered flag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

Wow, your tyres were bad at the end there, mine were in the 60s on that last lap and I backed off a bit worried one might let go.

I have to ask, when was the last time a ROOZ race had 3 of the top 4 finishers on different tyre strategies and finished within 7 seconds of eachother?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    GT6 Season 3 Div 1 Enduro at Apricot Hill
    Warrior won on a 3 stop, Mint right behind him on a 4 stop, Dan Holland also on a 4 and Rotor I believe was just behind on a 5 stop.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Rules and Regulations spoiler updated, note added in regards to the STEWARDS GROUP.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Mexican Grand Prix Drivers Briefing
    [​IMG]

3 to go.
    The Mexican Grand Prix is a fairly new event to calendar in its modern guise, with a very technical middle sector and tight stadium section. The track varies significantly in width, and provides a stern test to drivers of all skill levels.

As what tends to happen towards the back end of a season, the numbers start to drop. Low numbers are not fun. So hopefully we can get the numbers back up again. @VARDZ @COME_AND_GET_ME7 @Benjamin J Smith @X-WTF_MAN-X @Bryan_F I hope to see you guys there.

Tyres: SS,S,M.
    REVO_Bryan and Kieran_B33 like this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Hot Lap and Setup for Mexico - really not a fan of this track, but managed a reasonable time after a bit of practice

Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That looks horrific to drive, back end stepping out all over the place, but damn that was an awesome lap time!
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    It's actually pretty good to drive, but it is a hot lap tune - if you get offline through esses its very tricky and that lap was definitiely a bit loose through there - got a bit of oversteer out of T9 but managed to hold it and still keep speed up through T10 and T11. I did plenty of laps where I either backed off to keep it together and lost alot of time or spun through T10/11 trying to keep my foot in it...

I have run as low as a 17.2 - but DQ'd on one of the curbs.

Suggest a 'safer' race tune might be to up the aero to 7/7, instead of 6/6, especially if running Soft or Medium compounds, or soften the rear suspension (to about 4) might reduce oversteer off the curbs.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. its-benny-racer

The only comment I can make is that I am running softer suspension so that I can be more aggressive on the curbs in the tighter sections.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hey if it works for you I'm not one to knock, maybe loose is indeed the faster way around this track!
    It would be cool if in 2017 Codies could simulate air pressure somehow, in real life they run close to max downforce.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Nope sorry, enduro at Imola tomorrow night
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.