Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    rossi0nsx likes this.
  2. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Disappointing to have another DSC tonight. Didn't even manage to complete my out lap for qualifying after doing some solid practice and feeling good about this race.
    I think I am going to scrap this season, as it seems all internet in our town is going to :):):):) while they are doing the NBN install.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    So, a race recap for a race that I didn't get to finish. Got pole by nearly 2 seconds. Got a brilliant start and didn't have to worry about Eau Rouge shenanigans like I thought I would. Spent the first few laps with Fezza behind me, then I think Bounty and Ranok3n. Watched the gap get bigger and bigger as the laps went by. Was keeping an eye on Vardz's position because I knew he was quick around Spa, sure enough I could see him picking up positions every other time I glanced at the app. I didn't make any errors and had the gap out to 20 seconds or something with 3 laps to go, then poof! Disconnected! Couldn't believe my eyes! Got pole, fastest lap (a high 2:31), and was definitely going to bring the race home. It is what it is though. @VARDZ, you drove a brilliant race, that comeback was epic, well done.
    SPL Racing, webnomad and SuiCid3 like this.
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Just like to mention the first few laps battle I had with @webnomad and @maximuscatticus good clean racing in the rain and the only reason I was able to get past was due to a small mistake here or there. Great fun guys thanks
    maximuscatticus, dj2ca and webnomad like this.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Last 2 and a half laps from last night Vardz v Ranok3n
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Actually, I blame the missus for talking to me over the few laps for that terrible last lap lol
    Other than that, awesome race @VARDZ

Recap:
    Qualified 5th. @fezza pipped me to 4th in the dying seconds.
    Would have been happy starting one spot further up, but what can you do except qualify better? lol
    I knew early on that there was no chance I was going to catch @VARDZ or @dj2ca so the plan was to get ahead of the rest as soon as possible and maybe a podium would come (was quite surprised to see @rossi0nsx a bit off the pace considering the first half of the season.
    Off the line, managed to avoid the carnage (I'm getting good at this) and slot into 4th behind @Bounty05, @fezza and @dj2ca.
    Sat behind these two for the wet laps while watching DJ pull away into the distance. No chance I was going to match his pace so I didn't even worry about him.
    Watching @Bounty05 and @fezza dual over 2nd, biding my time.
    Switch to slicks and a few laps in, @fezza gives up 2nd and drops behind me.
    Managed an over/under move at Rivage on @Bounty05 and took a nose length leading into Pouhon.
    He got that tiny bit of extra speed through their to be able to catch my draft heading into Fagnes, but overshot the turn (almost taking me out in the process). I saw it coming so took the runoff to avoid the collision and then kept on going.
    @Bounty05.
    I settle into 2nd thinking this is a good spot to be considering outright pace.
    And then BOOM! @dj2ca DSC and I inherit the lead.
    Holy crap we're fighting for the win now! ... And then I see @VARDZ ugly mug of a name come up and I'm thinking :):):):)! Go away!
    Having fought with him so many times here over our ROOZ careers, I had a rough idea on how to keep him behind.
    So long as I maintained good speed on every corner exit, then I knew I could do it.
    The video @VARDZ posted will sum up the finish of the race.
    Had a terrible last lap, screwed up my entry into Fagnes. Put me on the back foot, trying to recover going into Stavelot.
    Screwed that up.. lost too much speed, on the defense heading into Blanchimont, @VARDZ had way too much speed on me on the run to the Bus Stop. Left way too much gap on the inside which he threw himself into, and that's the end of that.
    Happy with 2nd, but would have been stoked for the win.
    Feels good to have stolen FL off @dj2ca as well (no record of your 31 :p)
    dj2ca, jasondull1986 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who is familiagtr?
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not me:)
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Highlights of last nights race.

***Edit - I mentioned I had an epic battle with dj2ca but it was actually @fezza .
    stucar17, dj2ca and fezza like this.
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah had a few good battles last night, just wish it stayed wet throughout the race as I was going backwards on a dry track :p
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    He's a new member. He said he wanted to race the rest of the season with us but didn't show up last night. He's only participated in one race (Round 4 @ Monza).
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    What is his rooz name?
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @Telum
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I was wondering what you were on about, my race was very lonely.
  15. Anthonyb

Did you race dj didn't see you on the results

Oh thats nasty:D:D:D:D
    Ad2mny and dj2ca like this.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That's super nasty!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

@dj2ca your time must have had an affect on final results because everyone is +xxxx in fastest laps results
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hmm. Going off that I did a 2:32.371, sorry @SuiCid3 but there's the record of my fastest lap. Could have sworn I did a 31 during the race but I guess I didn't.

@Hatfield please add this to your results.

@jasondull1986 please see info here for your data thread.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL DRIVERS.

Guys, i have to make a comment on what appears to be a growing trend in our community, and to be honest, it worries me.

Over the last month we have collated the PRE-EXISTING rules that our community had run by over the last 5 or 6 years. We had run by these rules in 13 seasons of GT5, 12 seasons of GT6 and now 6 seasons of PCARS and AC.

That collation included making a few adjustments, as well as implementing the stewards group. This was supposed to make things easier for everyone to understand, and easier for us, as a community, and mod team, to get things sorted quickly and efficiently.

It was NEVER intended to become a way for people to make petty protests, taking up the time of guys on the stewards group.

Rules are rules, i get it......but i have to say i have never protested against someone for a trivial matter, that has NO EFFECT on the race result of me or those i am racing against.

This community has thrived over the last few years, driven by a large number of people looking for the same thing.....clean and competitive racing. The majority of us didn't get involved to look through hours of footage to see if someone 'might' have exceeded track limits a couple of times, 30 seconds up the road !

Its this simple guys.....Everyone is expected to race clean. Being 'racers' we all know what is expected of us on the track.

The rules are there for all to see, in their 'newly collated' glory ! Are they perfect...nope, but show me a race series in the world where after an incident the organizers and racers all get in for a group hug.

I am going to make this request once only.
    Before you protest, and ultimately take up the time of people who have other real life commitments, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF, is my protest for a genuine "RACE CHANGING" incident or is it being pedantic, for something that has no bearing on any driver or race results ?

As a mod team, we can't win. On the one hand we are accused of bias, and not being 'professional' enough. On the other hand, we are accused of being too heavy handed in dishing out penalties for 'a game'.

I will uphold your right to protest BAD DRIVING every day of the week. As i have always said, every driver here has the right to drive knowing that those around them will do the best they can to race cleanly. I will also uphold the mod team's right to make decisions in the best interest of the community, without bias or favour.

This is what we (ROOZ) strive for, and we will continue to do so.

Please take a deep breath and reflect on what you want out of ROOZ, and more importantly, how can you contribute to a great community. If your contribution is 'just' to race in the way you are expected then that's ok.......If you want to do more, then even better.

If you don't want to work with the systems used for a combined 30+ seasons and 5 years, then drivers are more than welcome to find what they want elsewhere.

With so many drivers and sponsors we must be doing something right.

Now get on with it.
    Stu
    fezza, Ad2mny and dj2ca like this.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno