Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I run my bars 3 click softer front 2 to the rear and brake bias to 50. That seems stable to me but not good for everyone
    dj2ca likes this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'd recommend leaving them stock
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. Anthonyb

I don't think it is any quicker changing the bars personally i find it just feels a little more settled
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Looks like Stozza is doing a full distance run tonight at about 9:30 if anyone is keen.
  5. Anthonyb

Would love to but have a house full of 10 year old girls :cry:
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Oh dear. I hope you have some industrial grade earplugs handy!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Please let me know how he goes. (Using the appropriate channels, of course) ;)
    dj2ca likes this.
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Will do El Capitan
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  9. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    disconnected Stu? i had internet but could not connect to you. Nat Issues it said on PS4. No Matter. thanks again. Good luck racing tonight.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you asking for updates on the girls party or the practice race?
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Good morning drivers :)

Do we have anyone apart from Vardz who is unable to race tonight? As usual I'll have a practice lobby open a little after 7pm AEST. It'll have tuning allowed so you can adjust your pit strategy before the race. Tyre strategy is going to be a close one this week, some people will find they can push two sets of softs while others will need to pit earlier and take hards on the fronts (or just the left front if you think you can make a soft RF last). For fuel you'll probably use anywhere between 1.8 and 1.9 litres per lap.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Really looking forward to tonights race and a little piece of me is sad that this season is ending. I have really enjoyed this season (even that bad parts) so big thanks to everybody involved.
    Congrats @dj2ca on your season win and thanks to all who has helped put this season together, very much appreciated.
    Lets have a great race tonight and make sure we enjoy ourselves, good luck to all.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate. I'm pretty sad to see it end as well. I've had a lot more fun than I ever thought I'd have before we started this season. Really looking forward to having a blast with you all tonight.
    Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Big thanks to @stucar17 last night as we tried to fix my fuel and setup issues, staying up way past our normal bedtimes, LOL.

But it looks like I'm dealing with some sort of glitch relating to the V8 only. I tried a different car today (Sierra) and it kept all the relevant settings and fuel loads and what not. With the V8, it wont save any setups properly and everything keeps getting reset to default for some reason. At least we have stopped it (I think) from starting me off with a full tank and refilling at the pitstop.

Latest issue is starting me off with only 25L in the tank, but I can probably live with that as the pit strategy now seems to be set properly and working for me.
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Race Results:
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    First off, big congrats to @dj2ca for a stellar season and taking out the Division 3 Championship.
    Top effort mate and well deserved. :thumbsup:
    Also, well done to @Telum on the Division 3B Championship!

Wow, what a race!
    I was not expecting this at all!
    Decided to throw in a few nights of practise over the previous few nights and that has definitely paid off handsomely.
    Started off from doing 2:01's and managed to get that down to consistent low 1.59's and even a few 58's thrown in.

Qualy didn't start too well when the original room loaded and the game threw an error code and kicked me out.
    Thanks for waiting for me fellas, very much appreciated!!
    New room went off without a hitch this time and I managed to sneak out on track first.
    This proved to be essential as it gave me the clean air for what was about to go down.
    First flying lap I managed a low 1:59. Provisional pole.
    As everyone completed their first laps, I was dropped down to 6th.
    My next lap proved to be a decent one as well, which landed me a high 58 and another provisional pole.
    Again I was dropped down the ladder a little...
    Next lap I nailed a 58.444 which was enough to seal pole position for me!
    I was actually up 3 tenths on the next lap but then went and overshot my brake marker on the straight following the first sector... but I don't think I had enough time to finish that lap anyway..

Race start.. was nervous as hell as half the field has shown amazing pace around here.
    Managed not to fluff it like I usually do and actually had a decent get away.
    Held position going into the first corner and built up a nice little gap at the end of the first sector, but then I saw @Bounty05 pop into 2nd and thought 'oh s***' Bounty's pace in some of the prac nights were amazing, so if I were to let him pass, I knew I'd just watch him building a larger and larger gap with every lap that passed.
    The next 9 or so laps were THE most intense racing I've had this season by far!
    Bounty was literally hanging off my ass for the most part and I somehow was able to pull off fast enough laps and hard but fair defensive manoeuvres to keep him behind me. In all that, there was only one little touch, but nothing big enough to disadvantage either of us, so great effort @Bounty05 :thumbsup:
    He eventually pulled off an awesome move into turn one and took the lead.
    I wasn't going to make it easy for him though and so it was my turn to try and put the pressure on.
    I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't pulling away like I expected. He pulled off into the pits around lap 11?
    I still had enough on the front left to do complete another lap without losing time, so I kept going.
    Ended up losing about a second that lap coming up to some back markers, but somehow managed to exit the pits in front of Bounty!
    And again, he was applying massive pressure, and yet again I was able to hold him off.
    This kept going until lap 17? I think, where he finally made a little mistake and allowed @Anthonyb to take over to start attacking me.
    I was able to keep the 2 second gap between us fairly consistent, but that dropped to 1s in the final couple of laps.
    Coming onto the main straight into the final lap, I could see some back markers up ahead and I caught them around turns 5 and 6 and was too cautious trying to get around them and that allowed Ant to close right onto my bumper.
    Held him off for the rest of the lap to take my first win of the season and probably one of my most enjoyable wins to date.

What a top way to finish off the season in a car I still despise lol
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well, that was easily the most enjoyable race of the season for me. The first 9 laps were packed with action, the middle few laps were a little lonely, and then the last 8 laps were packed with action again.

I didn't have a great run in qualifying this week. I made too many mistakes, including one which ruined a lap for Bounty, I'm very sorry about that mate. Ended up sitting in P5, I wasn't at all disappointed with that though because I knew some other guys were faster around there and it would give me an opportunity for some great racing and close battles. I wasn't disappointed.

The start of the race was pretty hectic. Familiagtr didn't seem to move off the line at all, I got off the gas and tried to avoid him but it was too late so I have him a little bump which in turn sent Ad right into my back bumper too. I lost a few positions there but just put my head down and got to work.

The next 9 laps were full of the best racing I've had all season, possibly ever on ROOZ. It was very tight through the first few corners with a few bumps and scrapes but nothing major. I fought my way up to P7 and set to work trying to chase @Mick down. Someone had an off at turn 6 on the following lap and then I got alongside Mick coming into the back straight, we battled through to turn 11 where I was able to get by him. @Anthonyb and @Telum (Familiagtr) were having a great battle ahead of me until Familiagtr had a little moment coming out of turn 7 and I was able to gain another spot there.

He did not make it easy for me though, putting heaps of pressure on me. Anth, myself, and him spent the next few laps in a little train producing some great close racing. @SuiCid3 and @Bounty05 were having a fantastic battle not too far ahead of us as well. This continued for a few laps until I finally got a good run on Anth coming out of turn 12 and we were side by side through the left link of turn 13 and I was just in front after that but cooked it braking into turn 14 and went really wide. We were 3 wide coming out of that turn and coming into turn 15 as well but Anth had better speed coming out and we settled back into our original positions by the final corner.

I had another run on Anth coming down the main straight and by turn 1 we were side by side yet again with Familia right on our rear bumpers. Anth got a better run out of the corner and we again settled into our original positions. Familiagtr put more pressure on me but I somehow (just barely) managed to keep him behind me until I pulled into the pits at the end of lap 9 to put a hard tyre on the LF and softs on the rest of the wheels.

I came out of the pits and the next few laps were relatively lonely apart from passing a couple of drivers who hadn't pitted yet. Another lap or two later Familia came out of the pits just behind me as we went through the first turn. Not long after that I noticed Anth a few seconds up the road after he pitted but I just wasn't able to catch him. The gap stayed the same right up until Bounty had a little error somewhere around turn 13, Anth got by and I latched onto Bounty's bumper.

We spent a few great laps battling away but I could tell his tyres were shot. I made a move into turn 10 that didn't stick. I made a move into turn 1 that didn't stick. Later on that lap I made another move coming out of turn 14 that finally saw me pass him. I was ecstatic to bring the car home on the bottom step of the podium in a race that truly made me work very hard to achieve it. Thanks to all you guys for providing some fantastic racing this round, this was an absolute joy. Congrats to Rano on the win and Anth on grabbing a solid P2 tonight. Also thanks to everyone for racing this season, it's been an absolute blast.

Here are some highlights. This reel is a doozie, the race was so full of action that the reel is just under 28 minutes long!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Wow, I had no idea how close you guys were in that first stint! That was nuts!
    I was so focused on bounty, conserving my tyres and trying to keep him behind me!
    Looks like you all had a blast as well.
    dj2ca likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah it was nuts! @Telum didn't turn his headlights on either which made it pretty much impossible to see him in my rear view.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Congrats to @SuiCid3 and @Anthonyb on getting 2nd and 3rd in the championship, with 96 and 88 points respectively (after drop rounds).