Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I knew you would find time. Bloody close between all of us last night was good fun.
    dj2ca likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah it was lots of fun, very close racing, gotta love it. I was really worried a couple of days ago. I still hate this stupid circuit with all its stupid corners though lol :D
    Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 7: 4/6
    Dubai GP UAE - TWILIGHT RACE - 23 laps - 7/11/17 - Race start @5pm - Time progression x2
    Weather Slots : Clear, hazy, Light cloud, hazy
    Based on 1.85L over 23 laps will need 43.4L to get home (approx 45L needed)

[​IMG]

First off guys, i want to thank you all for what has (i think) been a great season. Some great racing, close battles and that is exactly what we strive for.

Very few incidents / protests over the season, and i have to say that for the most part there has been a show of respect for cars around us. Shame about some of the lag / network issues that have popped up over the last 3 rounds, but what can you do ?

Ok, onto the final round.....will try to keep this short and sweet...

Track Limits : Again is a pretty straight forward track, with no real spots to test the track limits looking for an advantage.....is lots of cut penalties here (turns 2,6,7,9,10,11,12,14 and 16 !) Most are 5 sec bit cost bulk time given the long straights here

Contact : We all know the drill here too. Was pleasing to hear where drivers had redressed after contact last week, even though the goal is NO CONTACT ! Is a real possibility of push penalties at the big braking zones (T1, 6, 10 and 14), so please be careful here.

TURN 1 : If we can't get through here cleanly guys we need to all go back to race school.....is very open so stay in your "LANE" till the grid shakes out by turn 4.

Pit Entry / Exit : Entry is tough here.....make sure you stay right on the exit of T15 so you dont have to cross traffic. Exit is very straight forward, make sure you look for fast cars on the entry into T1 though.

Pit Strat : Pretty straightforward for everyone now, i think you will have to add about 4 - 6 LTRS to get home. Will be a close thing between running the soft / soft or hard/soft strat, would be based on how long you can get your front left to last. FUEL : Based on 1.85L per lap a safe option would be to pit end lap 10, run hard front and soft rear, and fill to 26L....

Blue Flags : A reminder that when you see the BLUE FLAG show up on your screen, it is a warning you have the leaders coming up on you. While you don't have to pull over and wave them through with flowers and a bottle of wine, you are expected to move off the prefered race line and let them past as soon as you can. This track has a heap of spots to do it easily, so please be aware of the flag on your screen. For drivers lapping other competitors, a reminder that this is NOT a green light for you to bulldoze other competitors off track either. Respect works both ways ;)

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : (unless the muppet hosting decides to park up with softcockitis and the replay isnt available to anyone !) We all know the drill......with the chicanes being so brutal here, i am kind of expecting some protests.....please prove me wrong !

CONGRATULATIONS to the guys who have wrapped up championships @slambo and @dj, with D2 still to be decided between @coyote and @stozza.......good luck to you both !

Stu

Anthonyb, SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Only 2 laps of the race distance was I able to get into 58's... I'm screwed.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    need a hand ?
  6. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I reckon you can find the time mate, you can be very quick. I was in the same boat, took ages to get the time down.
  7. Anthonyb

Did you guys do a full race run last night?
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Nah, I'll figure it out eventually.
    It's just consistently linking the corners.
    This track is :):):):)ed lol
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    love the track ...... key is getting power down early enough for the long straights.....i also find that there are quite a few corners where you need to be half throttle rather than rolling....

I have gone down 1 click on the front and 2 on the rear...seemed to settle it a bit for me, regardless i am still running way too slow for Div 1 pace
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep.....
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah...

I think you've got this one in the bag mate
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Anthonyb

No i don't think so but it will be a good race there are about 6 to 8 of us about the same pace
    dj2ca likes this.
  13. Anthonyb

Thats only the people I've practiced with so there are probably a couple more. Should be good
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I agree, it should be a very interesting race - more than half the field are running around the same lap times
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Really? Damn... There goes my podium chances then
  16. Anthonyb

Your going to be fine as soon as you get in a pack around here you seem to either get dragged along or the pace slows alot
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    certainly does.....so long as most of the pack doesnt end up in the wall
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    good luck to all you chasing the 2nd step... unlikely to be there sunday night and if i am i will be so far off the pace it won't matter
  19. Anthonyb

Come on vardz you have had pace all season I'm sure you will be challenging for the second step just like the rest of them.
  20. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    im screwed. i can only manage at best so far.. 2.02... back to the drawing board!
    tyre pressures maybe or roll bars? Have tried and found a little bit of speed... but gee you guys are just too fast for me at the moment.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017