Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Leave standard for roll bars etc. time is all in the first sector, mainly t2 to 5
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I drop my rear roll bars to aid in drive out the turns and so it doesn't get so lively over the ripple strips, but I agree with @POPPINFRESH1234 theres lots of time in the first sector, and the last 1/3 of the track, with the multi corners and late apex's your line is critical to gaining a good lap.
  3. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thanks guys. more practice needed then at the end of the day. will give it my best shot. will be fun regardless.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I've spent the whole season using the same setup on every track which was 2 clicks softer on the rear bars but that was killing me here. Went back to stock bars and boom the lap times started coming down.

Also, you'll probably find that pushing hard (especially through that first sector) will slow you down considerably. Try taking it a little easier through there; smooth is definitely fast around here.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Looks like i need to find some more time to keep up with you boys. But no more practice now for me until race night so we will see what happens
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I've been running stock settings all season (every season actually lol).

Here's a tip for the guys chasing that extra bit of time.
    During our race distance tonight, I had clear air front and back and needed to make my tyres last longer than I originally intended.
    Drive like you need to save your tyres and you will probably find that your times will start to drop.
    The 1st sector here is a massive tyre killer.. there's no need to go full throttle there as you won't be able to go any faster and all you're doing is limiting your tyre life.

Another tip for tyre life.. I'm pretty hard on my tyres, so I've never been able to keep them going as long as most others.
    When I was battling these guys for the first stint my tyres only lasted 10 laps (no more green on screen).
    Driving smoothly, rolling on/off throttle, I was able to stretch the second stint on softs to 13 laps.

Also, if pitting at end up lap 10, I'd recommend setting your fuel to 24L.
    I only had 22L set, but that was because I was supposed to pit a lap or two later.
    22L started the last lap with only 0.5L....
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  7. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    In the test runs I've had this week I've been starting with 110L of fuel, can't change this as it's a non-tune room. Has anybody else had this issue? I think I read that disturboed was. Any ideas on solution? not ideal carrying that much ballast.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Go back to your garage and make a change in the fuel and "save to all tracks". This should fix it.
  9. Anthonyb

I tried to conserve tyres the other night with dj bounty and a few others and driving slower is actually faster around here
    SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am away for the weekend with the handbrake dog showing will not get back until Sunday evening so probably wont even make the grid by the time we unpack then run everyone.. Knew this weekend was on from the start of the season.. had i veen a shot at the top step i may have stayed home.... so good luck everyone enjoy
  11. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah it's sector one tyre temps if you push hard by the turn 5 temps are about 120 and then you understeer the next two corners and loose all the time you gained by pushing.
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Last nights full distance run was quite interesting. I started with pretty good pace but got a couple of taps around T2 of the second lap causing me to lose position back to the rear of the pack. Changed my strategy and tried to protect my front tyres and pitted at L17, but I reckon I left it 2 laps too long as I lost up to 4 seconds per lap and tyres were down to 24%. Came out after the pits with softs and pushed as hard as I could to finally get closer to the front guys but literally ran out of laps. I still had good pace so If I had another 3 laps I would have made up some more positions.
    Bottom line, don't pit too late, it's not worth it - too much lap time is wasted. It's better to lap between 11-14, come out on softs and push hard for the remaining laps.
    Awesome fun last night, thanks guys
  13. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Sorry for turning you around on the straight last night mate. I thought I had enough room to tuck back in behind you but instead, well you know what happened.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    ha all good dude
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  15. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I did 3x23 lap stints today. Best i could manage was 2:01.122
  16. Anthonyb

See if you can get on tonight with one of the faster boys and sit on there bonnet to see if you can find some more time.
  17. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'll be cutting some laps tonight, prob get on around 8
  18. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Probably won't make it tonight but hopefully lunchish time tomorrow
  19. Anthonyb

Other wise I'm happy to help in the practice room before the race tomorrow. I'm not the quickest but I hope i can help get you ibto the 58s or 59s.
  20. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    I played with roll bars & brake bias too so will leave them stock tomorrow & see how that goes.