Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Boy that’s a depressing sight....

Keep an eye out here this week guys, will be posting the next 3 track setup videos and I’ll go through the regs for this week. As an early warning, the hardest compound (SOFT) is banned for this event.
    seth123 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Apologies, my rather sore legs and exhaustion will see the hotlaps uploaded tomorrow instead.

Quick guidelines for the inaugural sprint round:
    Soft compound tyres are banned. You will encounter a 40 second penalty if you use them (redeemable if you pit the next lap to switch back).
    Race 1 will feature a 12 minute qualifying session as usual, with the first race run as normal. I would strongly reccommend saving a setup before activating parc ferme.

Race 2 however will be run with a custom grid, in reverse finishing order of Race 1. You must start Race 2 on SUPERSOFT tyres. There will be an extra long wait on the grid to allow people to load their setups and strategies. However if someone readies up before the call and someone has been unable to setup properly, the race will be restarted, the culprit will be sent to the back of the grid and earn an instant 3 penalty points. For the love of god and my sanity, DO NOT ready up until you have been given the ready up message. The 3PP for readying up early will apply for all future races too by the way.

Usual sprint round points rules will apply to this event, with half points given for Race 2.

Bottom line is, drive fast, drive clean, be aware of your surroundings and enjoy something a little bit different.
    seth123 and razor4797 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  6. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, this reverse grid should be interesting.

Is the soft compound banned because it’s too easy to make it to the end of a 25% Race with?
    seth123 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    In my view it defeats the whole point of the sprint aspect as it is slower, and you’ll have to do a stop anyway. The main challenge of a sprint round is seeing how drivers can slice their way through the field, pitting lap 1 removes that challenge.
    seth123 likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i will be unavailable for the next 2 rounds atth stage. Life gets busy unfortunately
    seth123 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    aw man but it's so close between you and me, and luck, noremac and tez!!
    seth123 likes this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    LOOOL
    seth123 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R9 - Austrian Grand Prix - 2 X 18 Laps
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

SPRINT ROUND GUIDELINES:
    TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: Passing is far more difficult with these new cars. You must set up your passes accordingly and not pass recklessly. RBR has several long straights prime for passing.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. The rage quitting is becoming far too frequent recently and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    fezza, seth123 and its-benny-racer like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Redbull ring couldn’t be any worse of a track I reckon
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

So its red bull ring this week right
  14. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Is this an 8:50 Sydney start time tonight?
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

should be mate
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  16. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yep that’s right. I’ll be hosting again
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Home router has died. Might try using hotspots but no guarantees.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    A quick note guys, be extra careful exiting the pits, the wall can bite!
  19. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Crap. I never know when I’m taking control back over the car.
  20. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Not looking a great night for me. Missed qually due to some stomach issues, now :):):):)ed up the first race.