AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oh and by the way here's the setup I always use for drifting in the BMW M3 E30 Drift.

Attached Files:

hairybear likes this.
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This is very cool. Now when setting up a session, in addition to being able to adjust time of day, track temp, and time multiplier, now there's a track surface slider:
    • Dusty - improves fast with more laps.
    • Old - old tarmac, bad grip won't get better soon.
    • Green - clean track gets better with more laps
    • Fast - very grippy track right from the start.
    • Optimum - perfect track for hotlapping.
    I opened up the game again with the Lotus 98T and first impression was wow. Shader improvements must have made a difference, it looks real nice - very 'rich'.
    hairybear, AJ.Scott and Anon666 like this.
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I haven't had the pleasure of firing AC up yet, spent the arvo putting a soakwell in :eek: just sat on my bum! Faaark, I'm gettin to old for this physical :):):):)!!
    @KoAStR, love the sigy vid :D, I must learn how to do that sort of thing one day, I mean make the vid & drift like that ;). Maybe your little tutorial will provide some insight thanks KoAStR :)
    It's a good update that's for sure, and just in time with the bookingless server, timing couldn't of been better, now anyone can just jump on the server once it's ready, no booking :D UFKNBEAUTY :p the dynamic track conditions was a pleasant surprise as was the 98T. Theres many great improvements can't wait to fire it up, but need sustenance and cleansing first.;)
    I'll get on in a while, have a run, speaking of runs, do you think it's possible to run actual drift events, as in 2 guys driftracing like in R/L? Had a crazy thought it would be cool to do the first AC drift series, If it's possible, can't see why not, be heaps of fun too :)

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    AC Cobra around the Nordschlieffe would make an interesting event...thanks for the link mate:)
    KoAStR likes this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Thanks mate I am pleased with it :) First time I've tried making a GIF before.

Yea I think so, I guess someone would have to review replays to judge and score to decide a winner? Don't think you can utilise the in-game points allocation like single player. I have drifted in online MP with some other guys just for fun before... had a blast.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi

Nice work for a beginner mate...............whats that you say, you're doing a tutorial on it..........Geeze mate your a legend;) ROFLMFAO.
    This is awesome news, I can see some ripping drift sessions going on, should be a hoot when I get on track:eek:, see what transpires with drifting for now use it as "good ole tyre smoking fun", leave the serious stuff to the racing:)

Cheers
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    If I can help mate I'll I will if not i'll find info that will ;)
    TBH mate I think it's a personal preference, but most peeps turn of HDR & motion blur, and depending on your V-card performance most other settings medium to high, I looked for a discussion thread for Video settings but couldn't locate one, sorry mate, ya gonna have to run that by trial N error
    Not sure about the Apps mate, I don't use them personally, but from what I hear some are great additions. Here's a link to a few apps take a look http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ac-apps.4/
    Here's a link to some setups mate, Pinned at the top of the list is a AC setup guide too, it's actually very good, gives some good detail into setup principals. You can copy and paste it into Word then print it, it's what I did, comes in real handy too.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-setups.116/
    Hope these things help mate, and BTW you're not a "Dim-Witted Noob" just mentally challenged like the rest of us NORMAL people :D:p

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Assetto Corsa an I had a Falling out. Divorce was almost finalised. But Dang! I just downloaded the AC Cobra mod and a few new tracks and Im in love again.
    Tiago Lima, the Modder, has converted "Blackwood" from LFS and it is Excellent. He has also converted "Longford 67" from rFactor (I think, probably wrong) and it is also very good. Longford suits the Cobra very well.
    I'm half looking forward to a ROOZ series now. :)
    KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @beau261
    Good to hear your not leaving AC before we get started beau, I just hired the 24 slot server for 6mths, and there's going to be an influx of extremely high quality mods soon so hopefully we will see even more interest in AC, and more AC racers looking for a home with awesome members and well organised events, where better than ROOZ ;):D.

Some of the features in the latest release should make racing even more immersive, Ive noticed that the grip levels have changed in this update too, finding the cars have a little less grip making cornering a little more on the edge :).
    I took the Lotus 98T for a few laps of Nurburgring, "WOW" what a beast, took me a few laps to get to grips with the driving style needed to push this awesome open wheeler, heaps of fun :D, this Sim is shaping up really well IMO ;).
    Longford67 is one of my favorite tracks, thanks for the heads up mate:), could be a few races held on Longford :p, actually there's a few Aussie tracks that have been deleted from RD, but thankfully I downloaded them, just need to organise a Dropbox acc, so I can share them around.
    Cheers
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Yea I did the same! How's the turbo whistle on this beast?! You can blow the hair off your neck instead of just making it stand up but cranking the turbo setting up. Default in this car is 60% (you can see it on the dash LCD). With engine limiter on 95% you can safely crank boost up to 80%... turn mechanical damage off when you set up your session and there's no limit :D.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    How do you adjust the boost Koastr ? o_O
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I'm afraid I didn't have much time in the seat, so never really had the opportunity to mess with it, besides I was too busy trying to keep it on the black stuff:(:rolleyes:, but I'll keep it in mind mate. I have mechanical damage "on".......permanently, I'll have to switch it off, not that Ive suffered any break downs or terminal damage at any point, possibly still needs implementing.
    Hopefully I'll get to spend more time in the rig this week, I need to put in some serious practice, I'm as slow as a wet month of Mondays, lol.
    I don't have much else planned other than getting to grips with server operations, never actually run one before :eek::D.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Not 100% mate, but take a peek in the controls settings, probably find you can consign a rotary encoder or a few buttons to control boost, and it will only work for Turbo cars too, I found my steering wheels rotary encoder, which is for brake bias, worked a treat in the 98T when I ran some laps last night. Hope that solves it for you.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Anon666 likes this.
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Thanks AJ, Was the first place I looked however. There's no "boost" button assignment. Only KERS and DRS.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    your number buttons across the top of your keyboard. 1 = 10% through to 8 = 80% (which is default for most turbo vehicles), 9 for 90% and 0 for 100% is overboosted which causes engine damage in most vehicles (when mech damage is on).

Drifting in the Z4 Drift is much better with it overboosted at 100%, but set mech damage off or your engine won't last more than a few laps!
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

:D haha awesome, how great are the engine sounds in this mod?! :)
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    The sounds are good I thought. Not the greatest, but better than ac's official content.

Thanks, I has a blast with the increased boost settings. Really cool.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay, woke up this morning and the server is ready, will be spending the day getting things sorted and coming to grips with it's operation, never run a server before so a bit of a steep learning curve, can't be to hard....can it?
    All going well I will post the server details later this evening, and hopefully the first ROOZ AC test session will take place Wednesday evening, so let all your mates know and spread the word far N wide ;) it's time to go AC racing:D

Cheers
    Anon666 likes this.