GT6 Division 1 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I didn't blow a race win though
    TDZdave likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'd rather lose a race than lose my virtual life :p
    Ahh well.... i wonder who the first person will be to combine the two and lose a race by crashing into the pit lan--
    [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock, StigsTC and seth123 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You need the Contra code
    TDZdave likes this.
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    This car and track combination really suited my technique. Can't really say much about race 1, Once I built that small margin at the start I was able to keep pulling away for a perfect result.

Race 2 was much more chaotic. First the incident at turn 1 where on replay it looked like StigsTC went for the middle and didn't really hold his line when him and tanky touched to result in randm being taken out on the high side. With tyre smoke everywhere I collided with someone but I was able to keep going.

That left me a couple seconds behind Mustafur Jono and Bryan. Over the next few laps I was gaining time on them trying to grab any bit of draft. Mustafur was obviously trying to break this draft and suckerd Jono in to take himself out by hitting the pitwall, I was fortunate that it was only a glancing blow as I tried to dodge his car.

Getting by Mus and Bryan left Nick wayout in the lead. I had to push past the limit to try and close the gap but that saw a few mistakes creep in and Bryan was able to get back past. That led to great last lap battle, which I just won to finish in 2nd. Well done Nicko for taking that race and well done Bryan for your 3rd win in 1b
  5. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Congrats to Warrior on a dominant victory last night. Your pace was just that little bit higher above what myself and anyone else could seem to match.

I had a rather forgettable race, didn't quite have the time to practice as much as I would've liked, and it definitely showed. Regardless, I knew the draft here was going to be a huge factor and in race 1 Warrior did not get away as much as I thought he would - until Jono and I started battling which soon resulted in me causing the first of my (many :p) spins at T1. Soon enough I found myself in last.

Decided to try a different approach to race 2 and calmed it down at T1, worked well with only having 1 moment through the 21 lap sprint. Got a good break at the start and led away to about 9s at most, until Warrior found his way through and started slowly closing the gap. Managed to get it home in 1st by only a few seconds.

Overall, not a great result for me, with only 3 rounds left I fear Warrior has built another championship winning lead thanks to his unbelievable consistency. Will push hard for the remaining 3 races, looking forward to Fuji! Cheers all. :thumbsup:
  6. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Hmmm... once again a round to forget...
    Race 1 was a lot of fun despite being taken out at T1, got an awesome photo of myself, tanky and stigs somehow holding 3-wide :O

However Race 2 I am not happy... I from replay it looked like @StigsTC was in the middle and went too quick and didn't hold his line, I was holding my line as close to the outside as I could to give room but nope, (And I don't know whose fault it really was) I get taken out... onwards to the next round...
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Checking the replay shows I lifted twice to try not push randm to the wall, on the second lift the front left lights up and the car jags back down the banking with what I assume is lift off oversteer, I clip tanky just as his line begins to straighten up. At which point we then get sandwiched together after the initial contact.
    Props to Jono for getting to the pause button fast enough to ghost through it all and continue.
    Domma and Randm90 like this.
  8. Domma

Domma New Recruit

PSN ID
    Tanky1
    Race 2 was tuff. I tried to stay inside as much as possible, but as soon as the race started I was back pack once again, still had fun though, love the 908 and with no practice ever on highspeed ring, sadly went faster in practice than qauly and the race ;(

sadly will not be there this week as will be racing core N24 with team MWM but looking forward to racing with you guys again ;)
    seth123, JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll definitely be watching that race :)
    TDZdave, Kieran_B33 and seth123 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    TDZdave and seth123 like this.
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Lol, yeah. I had to try something, was tired of finishing 2nd.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Could someone help clarify the rules regarding the pit entry at Fuji? Are the white lines not to be crossed under any circumstances?
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Preferably pitlane side of pitwall and generally from back to front in track direction
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah try to stay in the white lines, riding the pit wall is not allowed.
    TDZdave likes this.
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    What about cutting the pit entry white lines at the last moment/bend into the pit lane chicane?
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ask @Mustafur
    TDZdave, seth123 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Is it legal or will this be penalised? @emmo46 @t_b_williams @Hatfield
    IMO entering pits should be telegraphed by staying to the right side of the line, just like entry into the La Sarthe pitlane should be via the tarmac and not shortcut over the grass.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just stay in between the white lines and not use the wall as a riding tool and you'll be fine.
    TDZdave and seth123 like this.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Probably only if you impede someone else going into pit lane as well.