PCARS Season 2 - Div 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Can Spidey sling past cob for the championship? Or will he come unstuck?
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Did anyone else read this and hear Stan Lee's voice speaking it
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Excelsior!
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    thank you as that is what I was aiming for!
  5. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I won't make sunday will be at a wedding. See you all next week
  6. Woffu

Woffu New Recruit

PSN ID
    sneekynuts11
    I won't be able to make it this weekend
  7. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Won't be on tonight fellas. Can't believe the missus has booked us in to go to a birthday dinner in the city.
    George likes this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Enjoy the night off Jim, Sneeky and Jase.
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Dont know if I'll race next week as my PlayStation is now in pieces after deciding to shut down mid race and I don't know if I could be :):):):)ed buying another one.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    RACE REPORT!!!!???
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Coming this morning. I stayed up late playing in the dark zone in the division :)
    George, beakeroo and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]
    Total race time:
    [​IMG]

DSC's:
    VH at around lap 18 I think.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well done guys, spectacular (pun) effort Spidey considering you had your first practice Saturday afternoon!
    You guys should have joined rooms with D1.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I qualified in P4 with a 1:37.1 - which was a bit disappointing as I could have challenged @AOCleaner74 for pole I just made a couple mistakes and couldn’t put the lap together for a 1:36 when it counted.

In the race, I got a great start off the line from the 2nd row and was running 2nd by Turn 2 at the top of the hill. AOCleaner overtook me around the outside on Turn 7 on lap 1 with a good move and I didnt fight it too much. After the first lap shenanigans settled down I stayed with the leaders (CAGME and AOCleaner), we were setting a cracking pace early in the race running into the high 1:36s even on high fuel, and we were pulling a good gap on the rest of the field. I got past AOCleaner into Turn 11 on around Lap 9 and then CAGME at Turn 10 on Lap 13 after he had an issue and slowed right down (what happened there?)

I went for the one stop strategy and pitted on Lap 16 as planned and managed to get out in front of AOCleaner who tried to undercut, pitting the lap prior. Came out in P4 and after the remainder pitted I was running in P2 chasing a ~15 second gap to @Spidey_11 who tried to no stop, but he was struggling in later laps and I kept the gap closing all the time even though I made a couple of errors. Spidey didn’t put up too much of a fight when I caught up to him (let me through at turn 7) at around lap 25/26 or so. Once past Spidey I just tried to keep it together to the end, cruising it home.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

That would be getting hit with a 10s penalty for running just wide at the fast sweeping right.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Race recap:
    No track time through the week but even with the practice on Sunday and the setup sharing I just could not get on the pace for this track. Mostly sitting in the 1:39's in practice I wasn't looking forward to running at the back most of the night. But points are points and they were on offer.
    Qualy started down the back, had a good launch and managed to get by Stu. Following the pack of 2nd to 5th maybe I just tried to keep up and see if I could take advantage of any battles or offs.
    A few laps later I saw Cob (i think it was) puff up some smoke on the down hill left hander and he kept tracking to the inside of the corner and just managed not to touch him. I know this sounds bad but having Cob and Stu behind me made me feel a little more secure as I needed to finish ahead of them in the points.
    There are others that I need to worry about but right now my brain can only focus on two, so you two were it for the night :)
    Laps were going down and I managed to get the gap to Stu to 10 seconds but then it went back and forth between us. I kept checking my tyre wear and again decided to stay out and hope to pick up a place or two by not pitting.
    Lap 15/16 and people in front of me are pitting :) awesome, this could work.
    Lap 18ish and Spectre is in the pits..... Spidey is running P1 due to no stop and I'm thinking P3 or P4 is on.
    Laps kept going down, the gap behind to Spectre kept going down, the thought I finishing P1 went down.... No way I was going to battle him and take time away from my race and also, the combination of my slow times and worn tyres decided I would let him go and maybe focus on P2.
    Spectre gets by and the gap to CAGME in P3 is 22 seconds and it's around lap 24/25 of 31. CAGME was closing down but I was happy and started eyeing off P2 :)
    Coming round turn 1, took too much inside trying to setup the turn for turn2 and I smashed the black wall part causing me to spin by the time i got back on track the gap was down to 14 seconds... P2 gone.....
    I looked at the map and saw a gap to the car behind CAGME so again started thinking of P3 and was happy for a podium.
    The tyres were gone and now doing 1:42's - 1:43's CAGME caught and passed me and I took an easy final lap just to make sure I wouldn't spin it and drop any further :)
    Came home in P3. Happy days :)
    zuluwoffle, emuegg11 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    We did. Then we didn't. haha
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  19. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Does anyone know if I've already purchased DLC content, and I go ahead and smash my PlayStation to pieces and have to buy a new system plus the pcars disc, do I have to purchase them again or can I just download?? I'm just doing new updates for PS4 as I had to buy a new one.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    just download, the purchase is assigned to your PS account