THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Me too :ninja: but im sure as people get used to the car and fine tune their setups out over the next couple of rounds the pecking order will return to normal.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah, served it L13, a lap before my scheduled pitstop :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would put it out there that we just drop the A & B separation...
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm happy to drop it. The results weren't as I expected lol. The massive gap from a few top runners to the rest of the field wasn't there as I thinking prior to this round. I'm happy to keep it or drop it. Thanks for the mods at looking at it.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Did the game penalise you? or was it a self inflicted drive through?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Great racing last night fellas. Really enjoyed it. good attendance as well.
    I kind of ruined my own set up, as i was having a bit of clipping in my wheel, i decided to drop a Jack Spades tweaker file in but instead of doing it at the track (where id saved my tune to that track only) i updated in the garage, so it reverted back to a standard tune that i didn`t realize i`d done until quali where going into turn 3 i spun off track with tyres at only 65 degrees. Just wasn`t enough time to jump out so qualified with colder than wanted tyres.

Got a decent start, didn`t have too many battles for first couple of laps. Jumped in behind Clint and decided not to try and dive into the corners on him, as that would slow us both up, so let him control the pace. Pitted on lap 14 and came out behind beau as i was caught up by a car entering pits so it kept me longer. Watched beau 360 off the track so started to push a bit. then noticed my fuel level was wrong, so had to back off for a few laps as i was in line to run out with a lap to go. Got up to the back of Clint again, but just couldn`t get past. He just defended everything really really well, which ended up slowing us both up a bit, and allowed beau to rejoin the battle. Noticed Clint was lagging so didn`t know where he was going to end up if i tried a move. Last lap and his car was smooth with no lag, but slow out of the the corner, and i had great drive out of it. noticed he glitched into the braking zone and he went wide, so i dropped it to the inside. Noticed my position go to 2nd with a gap of 0.150 (which is more than a car length) so started to throttle out, and then i heard the whack. Initially i thought beau might of tagged me as i thought Clint was out wide, but then noticed he dropped right off and then id realized it was Clint and i who had touched. i honestly didn`t see him ( i use helmet cam that looks into the corner) and thought id kept my line. Bit of a pain in the arse as id battled my arse off to get in front, to then notice a lag bump might of ruined his podium position, so felt bad after the race and messaged a room captain to look into it straight away. All in all happy to finish second (or 4th after stewards review) in Div 1 (considering i was mid pack of div 2 last season) and looking forward to more races with everyone.
  7. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Anyone had a crack at Zolder yet?
  8. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    lol nup.....i really hate zolder......its :):):):).....
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Stopped twice and still got second good effort
  10. autech91

autech91 Professional

Should have the seperation
    Div 1 "Spend all week testing/tuning for a race doing 100s of laps"
    and
    Div 1 "Spend a few minutes working out fuel and rock up" :D

Great racing last night boys, really enjoyed the few battles I had. Was a great race for me up until a few laps to go where I decided to clip the sausage curb, do a mean as drift which I though I had caught, only to exit stage left as she snapped.
    Dropped 2 places after that then managed to get by Konnor and Spidey again, only to bump her down an extra gear which slid me into an off track penalty, muppet.
    Still managed to get by Spidey on the last lap but I really should have finished ahead of Samsung who said on the mic after the race he wasn't going to try to battle me with worn tyres. :poop:
    Well done to the top 5, I could see your cars were very stable through the corners so you have clearly managed to get this beast humming nicely.
    Spidey_11 and zuluwoffle like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    After an amazing start from me going from 6th to 3rd I ended up on the marbles at turn one and fell back to 6-7th by turn 3 However, an amazing opportunity presented itself when the 2 cars in front of me (both side by side at this point) ran wide and I managed to get the car along side, yet it was short lived as I was turned into and i ended up celebrating by doing donuts on the grass, I managed to fight back having a great battle with old mate @Spidey_11 and then spent the next 15 mins catching the bulldozer i mean @autech91 and once I finally got past it was impossible to get away, as the slipstream was keeping autech close but he decided to pit to replace his bulldozer tracks....I MEAN TIRES and i decided to keep my tires and use the clear track to my advantage but eventually i made a wrong move in sector 3 and spun twice on the same lap, I then decided to take my stop without tires and see where I would end up. I came out of the pits just behind @Beau_Albert but quickly lost ground due to a tire glitch. *Snaps PCARS Disk* I had 6 laps to keep Autech at bay but after him gaining on me super fast so i decided i was going to let him up the inside at turn 5 but at turn 4 he bulldozed the tire wall and i had just the gap i needed to keep Spidey and @Konnor McCluskey behind me. Considering i hate BRNO because i suck at it i enjoyed that race even though i was not on the overall podium. Its good to see the premium driver (also my team mate:whistling:) in the garage after 5 laps. What a noob lol.:laugh:
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Samsung1998racer dont forget your other team mate was in the garage beside Mr. Premium
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Hey!!!
    [​IMG]
    i had my accelerator pedal go on me and it was sticking was still pulling away when it came back to only 15 or so percent....
    [​IMG]
    but when it went 50%+ i had issues, so i decided to pull over before i accidentally punted someone off track with 100% throttle going through a turn... but i have done a dodgy fix today and should be good to go.
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Get the adapter for the logitec pedals
  16. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I assume there isn't a mandatory pitstop for the sprint round.
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Nope, no pitstops are required.
    Even though i think it'd be fascinating if we had to do 1 Mandatory stop in one of the 2 races, whichever race we pitted in being up to us, but its a bit too complicated to keep track of sadly! :cry:
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    First few laps and my highlights :)
    JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I see what you did in the first few seconds, very sneaky indeed! :roflmao: