Season 4 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Thankfully I havnt had to deal with anything like that but with number 3 on the way thats good info, cheers. But even now that I know it, like you say we would be on our way to the hospital in a flash.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all......Driver Briefing for Round 2 at Nurburgring GP....Generic to all divs

The ONLY change to the regs from last week is the start time. It has moved forward from 1400 to 1700. The reason for this is to reduce the track temp and stop the tires from overheating. In the race run we did the other night, everyone was ok on tires, with the wear on real the temp started from between 110 down to the mid 90s for most. If you do heat your tires more than 110*, as they wear you will be right in the pocket on temp.

Fuel, like Round 1 will be tight, but there was no one in the prac race who ran out. I finished with 2.5 ltrs, i can only suggest that if you think you might run out you do a full test run to see by how much....i cant see anyone having an issue however.

TRACK LIMITS
    There will be track limits to be aware of this round.

ROOZ regulations state that you must keep at least 2 wheels on the white line OR ripple strip at all times, unless otherwise advised.

This rule WILL BE ENFORCED on the EXIT of turn 2 and, the EXIT of turn 4 AND the VEEDOL Chicane. There are time penalties on the exit of both, HOWEVER they are quite wide and an advantage can be gained by running wide there.

TURN 2 : Running wide at T2 gives a narrow speed advantage, and straightens the line into 3 which could give an unfair advantage. Passing a car through T3 after going off track after 2 will be penalized with a 30 sec penalty (DT equivalent)

TURN 4 : IF you gain an advantage there by running wide on exit, and make a pass into TURN 6, you will be penalized 30 sec (equivalent of drive through) where is is CLEAR you were out of track limits.

14 & 15 (Veedol Chicane) : Drivers deemed to be cutting this chicane will receive a 30 sec drive through Penalty. Its a tough one, as there IS a time penalty there already, HOWEVER it is 'about' half a car width from the Ripple strip. It does give an unfair advantage if abused, however drivers do risk a 5 sec game penalty from taking to much track. This will be monitored on the replay, and i ask other drivers to observe here as well.
    [​IMG]
    Well done to everyone last week for the overall standard of driving. There are a few spots on this track however where you can 'push' an opponent into a penalty, or bump them off line. Namely Turn 1, Turn 8 and one we have the most issues with is Veedol Chicane (14/15) where drivers can easily be bumped into a penalty. All i can say is redress if that happens, of you may end up with a post race penalty
    BLUE FLAGS : A Reminder that if you are being lapped, you need to get out of the way within a reasonable amount of time.
    SWERVING : A reminder that drivers ARE NOT permitted to swerve to stop another driver picking up the draft. You may change your direction once, and then run your preferred line on corner entry if you have track position.

@Stiffsht , @TheMuss , @Todd hopefully you guys are good to go this week.

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    George and dj2ca like this.
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    whats everyone getting around Nurb GP in ... Would like to know how much I need to find on last nights best lap time...
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Golfer and Ads were doing mid to low 5's the other night. Haven't seen any other div 3 drivers on track.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im doing mid 5s at this stage. looking at last place in div2 lol
  6. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    You might get second last zharvs as im ruining the same but with zero consistency.
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    looking forward to the battle mate!
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Did 1 lap in the 6's ... a 6'91x ... just FLASH ya lights when ya coming up on me at about lap 15 if not sooner boys
    TheMuss and Beverages4017 like this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Keep at it Vardz. Watch the videos in the tips'n'tricks threads.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I would if I had the time mate... I get 1 maybe 2 sessions to practice a week now and that is only for an hour... I feel like an arrive and drive entry
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Welcome to my world for the last 2 years!
    At least that's still 1-2 hours more practise that a lot of us :)
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I have also been at the arse end of the pack since I started with PCars
  13. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Unfortunately I won't be able to race tomorrow night as I will be out of town for work. Good luck everyone.
  14. TheMuss

TheMuss Rookie

garyw61 likes this.
  15. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    really exhilarating and close racing down for pos 7/8/9 :thumbsup:
    garyw61 and George like this.
  16. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah same for 4/5/6!
    garyw61 likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    All except for the dive up into the chicane and pushing me into a cut penalty. Other than that it was hoot!!!
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]

For some reason @agolfer78 isn't showing up on my screenshots. Pretty sure he finished P6 just behind me.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  19. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Awesome race, thanks @fezza and @VARDZ. Sorry about the early hit up the back at the last chicane. Really enjoyed tonight.
    :-D
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    fezza likes this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Looks like golfer jumped out before you took screenshots dj