Season 4 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good race guys. Well done Jase - way too quick and consistent.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah looks that way, I'm pretty certain he finished P6 though.
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks man that race really felt like the start set it up. Just had a great launch and managed to pull out the lead as the pack battled. Had a bad error when I got all excited that I was up on my lap time and was on for 2.03.high and outbracked into the hairpin costing 6 secs with a spin. Managed a good run of laps after that with Gary on 2 secs back.

Pretty much lap for lap matching pace till the end. But grabbed the win so happy to manage them back to back.
    SPL Racing and garyw61 like this.
  4. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I have managed to get most of the race up on youtube, just thought I would share it.

garyw61, fezza and dj2ca like this.
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'm pretty sure I didnt do a dive, I chose the inside line from fair way back but it looked like you didn't want me on the inside line but I stood my ground and got squeezed a bit and we both went into the chicane side by side and since you were on the outside you got a cut penalty.

Sorry to whoever I hit on the first lap after losing it over the curbs, had no control. I had a blistering start up into 2nd then to last after losing it over the curbs later on. Too much excitement lol
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Your 'inside lines' have caused me a few problems last season....
    Maybe you should start looking at how you decide to execute them?
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I didn't see any problem with my move there, maybe others can watch the 2nd clip above and comment as well. At the end of the day, if it's fair and clean to one's best ability and intensions, the rest is just racing as it should be :)
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    From what I saw Fezza did have the inside line going in. But, it looks a bit reckless, that's a pretty dangerous place to pass and racing room should have been given considering you should know that cutting back to the inside on the right is going to force your opponent into a cut penalty.
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Move was fine you both made it hard for yourselfs making the line that tight was never going to be side by side. Driver on the outside should have yielded.
    Zachery likes this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Looking at the video and ranok3ns comment we will let the mods decide. I did not realze how far left i was... you decided to take the inside line but can honestly say you could have made the corner from the line you were on safely and contact free
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @agolfer78 finishing 6th, any dscs?
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yes, I'm sure agolfer78 finished P6. No, I don't believe we had any DSC's last night.
  13. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Sure I can and will honestly say I would have made the chicane (which I did) else I would have pulled out of it. In fact, if I was to be in that situation again, I would make the same move because that chicane was the one of the only two overtaking spots (other being the first corner) that I could see on the track.

But in terms of being contact free, I'd have to ask you the same wouldn't I? As it'd also depend on you, because racing responsibilities are shared on a race track and is not singular. So did you really think you could make it on the outside going into that chicane knowing another car was on your inside? You could have easily yielded and not picked up a corner cut.

I believe once you commit on an inside line from early on before the upcoming corner, you commit to it going into the corner, what else was I supposed to do? Slam on the brakes and just give up my inside line? Give you more space by going off the track? I've certainly never seen that in a racing event that's for sure. Beyond what anyone else thinks (e.g. ranok3n), I'm not the dive bomb type, I know my limits and make my overtaking moves when I've got enough confidence in making them stick.

At the end of the day, this is still a racing "game" and don't think making too much of an overtaking move is beneficial for anyone's time or effort, there are more important things in life. But should the mods wish to investigate this further, I'll happily provide a clip from my perspective if required.
    JonoStan96 and dj2ca like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah since posting my comment last night I've thought about it more and I have to agree with you on this. You did have the inside line and the outside car should yield in that situation.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I never said anything about dive bombing.
    My referring to your 'inside line' is more about your questionable techniques in pulling off such manoeuvres.
    The only reason why I say this is from my past experience with racing alongside you.
    The only reason why I never put in a protest was because I was never able to get a replay.
  16. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    That's no excuse, all you had to do was ask someone else or even me and I'd have put up a clip from both of our perspectives. I have nothing to hide and certainly have no intention of unacceptable racing behaviour and/or ethics. From what I remember in those races with you, you were either being swarmed by other drivers into a corner and me coming up behind you while you were recovering or you were going in too slow into a corner relative to me at which point I had two options, take the inside or bump you from behind.
    But what I don't like is you coming in here and generalising based on last season's 1 or two incidents with you and making me sound like the big bad wolf of racing ethics. I wasn't the only one getting tangled up with you last season, and I certainly won't be last going forward.
  17. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey guys
    Div3
    I had a very strange race last night on lap 4 turn 6 i hit an invisible wall,lap 6 turn 6 i had a phantom (SHARE) button press,lap 10 turn 6 another phantom (SHARE) button press,lap 19 i had a phantom (OPTION) button press so i decided at that stage to spit the dummy....Pcars is full of bugs.
    Congratulations to the podium getters.CHEERS redness 63
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    that sucks man. maybe spray the disk with some fly spray, i heard bugs dont like that sorta thing. lol
  19. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  20. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    definitely don't spray the disc with anything! lol i usually get phantom button presses on the wheel (T300) under extreme vibration/ffb effects, so it must be the crappy contacts on them buttons. invisible walls are usually due to lag, I hit one at last week's practice and my car flew up in the air as if I had hit a bollard front centre at over 150kph, someone was behind me and im sure that freaked him out too. pcar bugs can be very frustrating at times.
    Zachery likes this.