Season 4 - Division 3- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

I have a T300 rs
    This normally happens only once in a blue moon not 3 or 4 times in a hour.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    The wheel may be coming loose on the base. Make sure you tighten the night as tight a you can by hand, then re-tighten the phillips head lock screw to make sure it can't come loose.
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    What you can try to get rid of ghost button presses on t300 is,
    1. Remove wheel from base.
    2. Tighten up Allen key bolts on the front of the wheel (careful not to over tighten)
    3. Tighten up the four Phillips head screws that are recessed in the back of the wheel (once again be careful not to over tighten)
    4. Re-install wheel back onto base making sure the collar is tightened sufficiently and the locking screw is tightened enough also.
    I've had to do this a couple of times now, and it seems to fix the problem, usually a warning sign is that the R2 and L2 buttons stop working, which I don't usually notice until I need them in the menus but for me that's the indicator to tighten things up, it happened last week so I yanked the wheel and sure enough the four screws on the back had to be nipped up a bit and all is now good.
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

CHEERS guys
    I will give that ago and see wat happens
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    As @fezza said. No fly spray though
    fezza likes this.
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    One thing I've noticed on mine is that the wheel doesn't go in perfectly centred into the base, there's a smaller gap on the base on one side compared to the left side. Noticed it from the very first day. Is it perfectly centred for you guys?
    look at the gab between the base and wheel
    left side:
    http://imgur.com/op6BBIy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    right side:
    http://imgur.com/LXG9xAE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apologies for not reminding everyone.....but the season 3 prize draw was held last night thanks to Anon and his amazing lotto abilities !

The winners, thanks to "The Gamesmen" were
    Pringles_947 - Logitech G29 Wheel
    NAACS - Logitech Wireless Keyboard G610
    Adronaught - Dirt Rally PS4 Game

Congratulations guys, if you need a reminder of what these guys won, have a look at the link, and remember to support our sponsors who make available these great prizes and continue to support ROOZ
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/prize-pack-the-gamesmen-cup.2231/
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING - ROUND 3 - SPRINT ROUND

Ok guys......is the sprint round this weekend, 2 x 22 lap races with the second race a reverse grid for half points.

RACE REGS :
    QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    LAPS : RACE 1 - 22 laps. RACE 2 - 23 laps (1 formation lap)
    GAME DATE : 12/2/16
    TIME : 11am
    FOG : LOW
    TIRE WEAR
    : SLOW
    FUEL : REAL
    PENALTIES : ON
    PIT LANE : CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING and RACE

I have had to run with these regs for a number of reasons. The first one is to keep the track temp down so it doesnt overheat the tires.....The track temp will be at 20*, ambient 15* and my front left maxes out at 107*. This is why i have moved the tire wear to slow.....i finished a test race last night on 77% with it on real, so slow will see everyone be able to get home easily. Even with the fog on, vision is fine, much better than running early morning or late night where the sun is blinding and extremely difficult to drive with.....

TRACK LIMITS
    [​IMG]

Usual track rules will apply for all parts of the track WITH THE EXCEPTION of "The Link" which is the run onto the Hangar Straight. There is no line on the exit (left side) so you may run wide there, from what i saw last night there is no advantage anyway, it actually costs you time if you go too far left.

Stowe could be an issue if you continually run wide, to gain an advantage.
    Exit of turn 1 can be a lottery, there is a penalty there if you run too far off, be aware of rejoining safely if you go off.

PIT LANE CLOSED : Pit lane will be closed at all times. This is because drivers could get a false qual time or last lap race result based on the timing line being shorted going through pit lane

RACE 2 REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE.
    At the conclusion of race 1, the room captain will add 1 lap to the total (23) and at the start of race 2, ask for everyone to line up in the reverse order that drivers finished in race 1. Once the room captain is satisfied that everyone is in the right position, the formation lap will start, and drivers will remain single file at approx 100klms until the EXIT OF CLUB (final chicane), where the race leader will begin the race.

Drivers are permitted to warm tires up until the exit of 'STOWE' where everyone will fall into single file for the run down to Vale and Club Corner. At this stage all cars should be nose to tail, with no more than 2 car lengths between drivers.

NO PASSING UNTIL YOU HAVE CROSSED THE START LINE.

If there is anything i have missed let me know, of if anything else needs clearing up just ask.

Stu
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    fezza, Ad2mny, George and 5 others like this.
  9. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Stu.

Can everyone please like post #168 (Stu's post above) to acknowledge that you have read and understood it? We don't want another dog's breakfast like we had last year!
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  10. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

garyw61 likes this.
  11. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah so do driver standards apply to the sprint round or because there are less laps ramming is allowed?
  12. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Pole in race 2 is a good advantage as they will be flying down the start while those at the back are tip toeing the final few corners
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It is a slight advantage, however over 22 laps i think you will find the fast guys will still find their way through. Also remember that race 2 is only half points so finish last in race 1 and 1st in race 2 you still wont win overall
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Drivers briefing updated with tire warm up procedure etc for formation lap
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I don't know about anyone else but I can hardly see cars behind me if they don't have lights on. So please follow me single file and don't try overtake as I may not see you coming.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah nice try Jase ;)
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm a no-show this round guys, going to watch my team get their butts handed to them.

Hope you guys have a trouble free round, and I'll see you Sunday week.
    garyw61 likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Now come on ad2 sprint round and trouble free shouldn't be used in the same sentence. ..
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am thinking that there may be a few of the newer guys that have not been involved in a raceonoz sprint round. The format has been described but it needs to be said that the quicker guys need to be patient and make their move when it comes along and not force the issue as it generally will end up with at least 1 car off in the weeds
    Anthony, jasondull1986 and Kart-No-1 like this.