GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Don't sweat it Anon, Can't keep 14 keen racers waiting around 'til midnight for 1 guy with a rubbish connection.
    SO GUTTED that I missed the start, I reset modem & PS3 & naturally had a great connection after that, so I had an excellent view of some great racing!

Sorry for Balking your lap in Quali Rumbleshorts, I sat out wide in T4 waiting for you to go, but I think you understeered wide - so I thought you were finished your lap & letting people go too ! ! Sorry mate :(

Chevwah - a few laps too early going for the undercut there chief, I did wonder how you planned to keep tyres under it later on.. . .
    Aussie - stellar drive there, what I saw was nice & neat - looking after that rubber!
    Anon, Stu, Enforcer, Grinder, Snake, Flood - SO MUCH DICING ! Absolutely spewing I wasn't in the thick of that battle, that was about my pace. D'OH ! ! ! !
    Sorry rest of the pack, was so busy cutting between the other battles didn't see too much action further back, certainly looked hectic for the first 5 laps though!

Grats all, I'll be going to work on my router settings tonight to try'n work out WTF is going on !
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    A slight improvement from me this week, but still not a great showing.

Qualified 8th on the mediums. Screwed up the braking into turn 1/lap 1 and gave someone an almighty whack. Sorry to whoever that was. I then got myself stuck on the tire bundle on the inside of turn 1, so back to last I went..
    Made up a few places as people made mistakes, and made some legitimate passes on Darko and Tek, but never had pace to catch the big pack ahead. I was making ground on Stu towards the end of my soft tire stint, but found out later he was on mediums anyway.

@ Stu, no problem mate.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey Natman, I think I picked the perfect lap to come in tbh. I wanted to get clean air as early as possible, and it really paid off. I was never going to beat Aussie's Astra on this track. That car dominates through the corners, and he has about 12 km/h over me on the straights. The TT-R is an absolute dog of a car. I had to tune it in such a radical way just to keep it from understeering off the track at any given opportunity. Full front aero, none at the rear, bogus ride heights, MASSIVE camber, massively rear bias on the brakes etc. Watching the Astra leave me behind in the last 2 corners was pretty hard to bare. I would spend the entire lap gaining on Aussie only to have him fly away beyond my slipstream out of the last bend.

All in all, I'd say my race was pretty perfect. I drove to the maximum capabilities of the car, and only did a couple of minor mistakes, running slightly wide a couple of times. The car was increadibly unstable through certain corners but I managed to keep it pointing the right way. I qualified 3rd on softs on a rather slopping lap on second hand tyres. My start was pretty good, jumping Snake off the line into turn 1. I followed Aussie around for a few laps before pitting on lap 6 to try and get some clean air for my mediums. Besides my occasional battle with Aussie as we came across each other after he pitted, my race was fairly quite, especially compared to round 1 at Monza. I pitted again on lap 15 and noticed I had made up quite a bit of time. Aussie had some work to do to catch me, but he did it like a champ, and managed to get me at the end of lap 23, easily slipstreaming past me up the straight. The extra speed on the Astra made it impossible to keep in his slipstream, so he just drove away from me.

Well done Aussie, and also Anon. I had some nice little battles with Ginderman also. I was watching the replay and saw some of his other driving as well, very respectful and clean. Stu and I will be puting in a bit of practice this week, so we can hopefully take it to Team Brown. That car is a monster fellas! Bring on Suzuka!
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Flood I think that might've been me you whacked mate, I put the car in 2nd on the line and got bogged down badly so lost a few positions off the start, I then braked quite early for turn 1, a bit too cautious on my behalf tbh, probably what caught you out, didn't harm my race anyway so all good.

Chev, what speed were you hitting down the start/finish straight? I don't think I've got a 12km per hour advantage over you that's for sure, dunno how Aussie was runnng the car in terms of aero though so yeah, he might've had more, I probably had 6th gear a wee bit short for Indy too, a couple of times I was hitting the limiter in slipstream, I think 288 was the highest speed I hit tucked in behind someone else.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Snake, on average it was about 6km/h difference between Aussie and I at the braking point at turn 1, but a couple of times it was up around 10. No slipstream. Yeah 12 was a bit of an over estimation know that I looked at it a few times.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, I had to run some different lines in qual as well Enforcer due to traffic. Overall though, I don't care about qual. If Chev felt like his lap was absolutely ruined, then I'm happy to have him run it again, but for the sake of a stable and happy room next week there will be no changing setups during qual, and no hotlap redo's. So everyone will have to check when they enter the track they are on the right setup and where others are. Those with weight penalties can probably afford to wait on the straight until all the handicapped runners are out and the rest are starting to enter the track.

Overall I was very happy to get third. Aussie and Chev killed it up front, I was never more than a spec in the rear view. Kept waiting for the pack to swallow me on that last stint, but they were too busy dicing to get fast laps in by the sounds of it.

Apologies again Nat, but do the router reboot and cache thing before coming on AND don't go into my room before me. I thought I was being clever remembering to change the room no's, but cause the room was already open it didn't happen...Arrrrghhh. We live and learn.

Will get some laps run on Suzuka soon and put up the lap and pit details.
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah hey fellas, the night started out GOT IN after a couple tries.. hell yeeeeeeeeeeah

next came qually
    firstly really sorry chev for jump on the track before u put a lap down, that was really sloppy on my behalf m8, felt like :):):):) doing that to ya, i thought to myself you dipstick!!!! O'well have to cop what comes with that, so off i when on my in lap, then my qually lap come around.
    my plan was to drive that Astra to a mile past its life, and just drive hard as hell, throwing it in and out of the corners like a mad man, as this tyres are only ever going to see this lap in their lives.
    so punishment was the order of the qually... Dam it Work!!! relieved 1.27.6xx or 9xx i think can't remember good 4 POLE....

i must say felt awesome when the whole pack was looking my back bumber. :cool: the feeling of a pole position soon left :lol: and was replaced with nerves!! start with the added pressure of the pack behind and my net issues, God Dam what a rush!!! Nervous one that is!!!! :|

Then the count down seemed like it was in slow mooooooo! got what seemed like a great start. the race for me was a bit up and down,
    the first 3 or 4 laps had chev, snake and the pack wanting what i had 1ST place, so i never looked back once just kept punishing my car! the 5th lap came around tyres at 60% and with a nice little gap (about 6 or 7 secs) back to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on, i eased up a little bit. seen chev go into the pit and thought Whats that sneaky bugger up to! :lol:

never see any1 until lap 10 at the start of the slow S's, it was SqueakyJocks :lol: which moved over off the racing line Cheers for that m8 Mighty Kind of Ya!!!! ;)
    end of lap 10 into the pit i when to get Mediums. then Chev flew by with a little gap he had i just settle in for a bit and got my plan of attack together...
    tyres warm now, i said He He Chev ur mine :lol:

got Chev in my rear view mirror a couple laps later. and then once again was all by myself yaaaaaa clean air..
    pitted again on lap 19 for my 2nd pit stop and set of mediums, then on exit of the pits i seen a couple of cars coming up in the braking zone of turn 1 so decided to slow as i didn't want to get into a incident and one was Astra, Hoping it was Snake but no such luck it was Aza in ghost mode.. so foot went to the foot once more for the last stint 6 laps and with chev 8 or 9 secs up the road and on warm rubber. Dam i have to make up all that time now so i drove at 90% for the first lap and then lap 21 slammed the hammer down and it was working really well..
    making 3 to 6 tenths a sector by lap 22 Chev was giving me a helping hand with him slipstream. Thanks M8 :p :D

lap 23 VROOOOOOOOOM! 1ST place was mine again but Chev wasn't going to give it up easy. with two or three taps on my back bumber from chev got my attention :lol: and its all good m8.
    2 or 3 corners later i made a gap. relief!!!!
    from there i just keep it on the black top and claimed what i WORKED so hard for THE CHECKED FLAG & A BIG ARSE GOLD TROPHY!!!!!!! (with a little dude on top)

congrats Chev on 2nd and Anon on 3rd.. bad luck Snake but still got points m8 and we are leading the teams ladder now.. :cool:
    thanks everyone for turning up top turn out...
    thanks everyone that practiced with me

@Anon so do i get Bonus points for clean swept PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEE !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  8. grinder

grinder New Recruit

Great Race aussie_man and nice report....
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ahhhhhh, let me think about it......nope. I had decided to give you 30 point bonus, but I subtracted a point for every spelling mistake and grammatical error in your race report. Technically you're at minus 62, but I'll cut you some slack and call it evens.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey Anon! Stop crackin' jokes and get the details for the next race up here!!!!
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Ok m8
    thats fair,i'll get i back in my box and shut up now.

but i do pretty good for a brain dead speed freak monkey. :p Don't you think? :D
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hey if aussies on minus 62 what am i on ??
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hahahaaa! Anon, it appears you've miscalculated my friend, he's quite clearly -63, gee whizz, get it right! :lol:

Aussie, the setup I was using on the Astra feels like f#cking :):):):) around Suzuka man, the esses at the start are great but the second degner (righty under the bridge) and the hairpin, the car just floats into an oversteery slide and I'm unable to put the power down until it regains traction, also when I ease off the brakes and I mean EASE, into turn one the car gets very light and can often break into a slide (keep in mind their is no throttle input at the time), painful!
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    firstly you back stabbing mongrel!!!!!!, you are supposed to be my partner and you are trying to get MORE points taken from me :mad: :p geeeee whiz!! WTF :lol: STOP IT !!! :lol:

remember we had that prob there the last time we raced here??

but i only remember it being bad at the 2nd Degner and Hairpin, so it looks like i have a bit of to do :rolleyes: never bloody ends..
    anyways i will jump on tonight around 8:30 (hill time) and test my set up and see how bad that is.
    will get back to yeah with any improvements m8..
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27

your on

-100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pts and thats just for ur bad driving!!! :p :lol: :lol:
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, Suzuka Enduro round. Did some testing today, and this is a tricky one. Tyres can be conserved to a degree, but man, 1 big mistake and they're toast. The enduro's I've run have been traditionally around the hour mark, and unless I'm missing something, a lot of the laps are going to be around 2 mins. I consulted a Harvard Professor and after he crunched the numbers, he informed me that we're looking at 30 laps. A 2 stopper is going to be borderline impossible, especially given the softs can disappear in a blink of an eye with a few mistakes. So we are going to be running 3 compulsory pit stops, ie 4 stints. As for the soft tyre maximum, this was a bit tricky to decide. To be honest, in the last race not many guys got near 10 laps on their softs. eg Chev did 6 and I did 7, and we both finished on the podium. As I've said before, the softs may be quicker, but once they start to go off - the cliff is steep and you can't see the bottom! So the maximum for softs is 16 laps, which means those with good conservation skills will be rewarded, but the rest of us can look at smashing out 6-7 laps per stint on softs and do the bulk of the running on the hardier mediums.

Finally, this track has teeth! Get on and run some laps. There will be guys on most nights, jump into a room and get some laps down. Throttle control is going to be crucial and that 2nd Degner will take some scalps.

See you on the track!!
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Your only saying that because I kept spinning it around yesterday :lol:

Aussie, got on for a quick sesh yesterday arvo, tamed the beast a fair amount, I think it's manageable now but at the cost of overall lap time, mind you I'm yet to have a crack on mediums, which is what really matters as that's what I'll be running most of the race on, rdo on Friday, will be sure to have a go then.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    but the question is snake.........are you running the pace chev and i were on tuesday night?? if you are, im buggered :p
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    What do you guys think about starting 1/2 hour earlier for the Suzuka enduro.

Round 4: Cote d'Azur seriously, what dose everyone think about a change of track.
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Stu, I'm gonna keep you wondering on that note, besides, I'd need to be running 50 flat to compensate for the inevitable spins anyway, I think you guys are safe this round that's for sure, it'll be an exercise in damage limitation for me I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.