Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  3. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

that outside curb on turn 4 kills me :( third to around last within a lap :( anyways good race everyone
    Doublevision likes this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah bad luck JayJay I was wondering what happened to you after having good pace early on.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Let me know if there's any mistakes or if you'd rather some sort of condensed version!
    Rolz and TTB are running away with their respective championships.
    Another tough week for defending teams chamgs TGM.
    Stiggy just loves pies and can't shake that 10kg ballast :roflmao:
    WD Rotor with a clean sweep of the points in Div 1. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Anon666 and krunch like this.
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    sorry for the ping rate explosion, it got up to over 2000 at one point o_O
    lucky it happened before race start anyway will try and sort the issue before next week
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

yeah i was having a good race until i just nicked it by less then a cm or even just a few millimetres and then boom right into the wall and after that spin my tires where gone and so i spun again and lost even more positions. then by accident i pressed repair body kit in the pits so it ended up being a 1 min pit :( so not a very good race for me... haha
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @KoAStR you are missing 10th place in div 1
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ha woops thanks Hat I will fix up tonight. :oops::poop:
  10. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

This was the best race for me in quite a while. I was comfortable with my setup on any fuel load as long as I adjusted the brake bias forward as the fuel burned off. My qual time was not quite my PB but I had more ballast than when I'd been practicing so I was happy to scrape into the 2:02's.

I started in 12th and held that spot until exiting the 'shadow' corner (T6). On exit I seemed slow and lost a spot to Spita84 at T9. I couldn't work it out till watching the replay where I saw that my brake lights stayed on after T6! Dammit my spiky brake is back. I fought back and made a move down the inside into T13 (Ascari - end of back straight) but locked the right front and sailed off into the grass losing 5 spots. That put a slight mark on the tyre but it wasn't too bad.

Now in 18th I needed to fight back somehow. My pace seemed OK, so after some great battles with pringles and vh_mik plus some attrition I found myself in 12th again. That's when the pitstops started.

My strategy was to go long so I kept going. In my final lap before pitting ROTOR came out of the pits just in front of me - so I sat on his bumper and annoyed him for a lap before I took my stop at the end of lap 12. I guess some peeps had long pitstops because I came out of the pits in 9th behind bjmatho. QC seemed to have an issue fell back past us both. By lap 16 I was on bj's tail and had an epic battle with him for several laps. I finally squeezed past near the end of lap 20 and held on to finish 6th.

Bad luck for those guys who had technical issues.

A great fun race for me with the bonus of a good result. Good result for Team Turtle Beach too! Let's see what the 488 brings next week.

EDIT: BTW With ROTOR winning the race does that make this the first VR win at ROOZ?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Anon666, R0T0R-AU86, Casper and 4 others like this.
  11. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    great fun last night guys. really enjoyed it.
    the total laps i had done at Albert Park prior to quali was 2. So i had no idea where the brake markers were or anything about the track and also couldn`t work out a tune so car was completely stock. only changed fuel level after Anon had posted what he was putting in.
    qualified 22nd, but i was deliberately following people to see where they were braking and turning in. Started well, watched a few people go off. Was waiting for everyone to go flying by me...but was strangely holding position. Had some great battles (and really clean racing by all) for the first 10 laps and somehow was sitting 10th when pits started. then i went backwards in there as i took ages to get the fuel level in (is there a pit strategy button that i can pre-determine my pit stop levels??) and i`d heavily flat spotted a tyre so had to change them so came out 17th. then just started laying down consistent lap times and finished 13th. Still about 1.5sec off the other div 2 guys but really enjoying the racing here so don`t really care where i finish or how slow i am, its to enjoyable to worry about :)
    hopefully i can be a little quicker in the 488.
    krunch, Rolz, Casper and 1 other person like this.
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Sure is mate!! :)

This is the first race I was able to spend some time practicing and tuning the bloody thing to suit me! It paid off... The last few seasons I haven't been able to put a single lap down, but it helps to get on that's for sure!

I have recorded the race in FULL from 1st lap to 21st lap! When I get some time I will quickly edit it and post it! :)

I knew I had some good race pace here, so I knew all I had to do is to put pressure on Ed and surely he would crack! and he did second last corner just out broke himself on the first lap... From there I put on a gap without pushing too much and just maintained the gap... Towards the end I noticed KoAStR brought the gap from around 8 seconds to 4, and he took the FL so I made it a mission to set the FL in the last lap too! :D pretty happy with that, but honestly really looking forward to some wheel to wheel action with this VR... Seriously takes sim racing to another level! :D
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hah yea stella performance R0t0r. Certainly a good testament to raise interest in VR.

I saw you had great pace here and was happy with 2nd. Found pretty good pace myself over the weekend and was hoping to quali top 2 and challenge for the win despite the ballast difference. 3rd was ok. I held back a bit with you pressuring Ed hard early. Didn't find a rhythm in quali so a didn't have the nerve for that in case I got caught up in the aftermath, or worse, caused it!

made it back as the battle slowed you guys a bit but then lost it and more getting around Ed and didn't get into a groove to try and close the gap until the 2nd stint.

As you said tried to push hard from there, put in some promising laps but without any big mistakes the damage was done and I was too far back to apply any real pressure.
    krunch, Casper, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  14. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    This is what i didnt do! Felt comfortable with the car when it was heavy but as the fuel burnt off i kept locking brakes. At one point i got a run on cyber but locked the rears in the braking zone and spun it around nearly taking him out, i think he was well aware of what was going on because he was able to avoid me. I will assign some brake bias buttons and have a little play with the ferrari to see how it reacts.

Overall i just found lapping consistently at a decent pace very difficult, kudos to the guys doing it lap after lap. Still had an absolute ball though, 26 cars was pretty damn cool!!:)
    krunch likes this.
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    here it is... So bloody annoying, by the end of the 1st lap the Audio is out of sync... grrr

16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    What are your in game sounds level settings?
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    It wouldn't be that - its about 50%... Thing is when it records its fine, but when you export it (im using adobe premiere) it looses sync... Could have something to do with the Audio export rendering? I dunno
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol nah I was just curious as I like the sound balance you have going there with engine, opponents and tyres etc. Nothing to do with the sound lag.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I find when I use my GoPro and record at 60fps and convert to slower fps for youtube it throws the sound out... something to look at? :)
    Every time I watch ur vids the more tempted I am to get one... but I won't be able to afford one until next year I think anyway.
    nice vid :thumbsup:
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  20. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Guys, there is any tyres restrictions for next Monday?