Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Good race guys.

Qualied alright, could of gone quicker but buggered up last chicane. Was all pumped for the start and bam It morphed me to the pits to start from there for some reason even though I didn't touch anything!!
    So back to last. Caught the group straight away, then coming out of last chicane, don't know who it was but they hit a car just sitting there on the track facing backwards and I followed straight in, smashing into it with nowhere to go. Race was over by then. Front was ruined. Only good part of the race was my lap times consistent with the higher runners with no tune which was a lot better then previous races. Oh well, bring on next week.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    RaceResults#Assetto Corsa

WD guys in Div 2 really stepping up this in the mix of finishing positions and even fastest laps this week - special mention to VH_Mik and Spita there. Kudos to Carlos on overall standing, and gratz on taking a win to upset div 2 - with MC to boot.

Bad luck Ed, but conciliation points in taking away fastest lap albeit by just 0.001s! I was pushing for that one too.
    WD Jayjay on solid pace again this week cleaning up quali and backed up with a podium result.

Very tricky race. Car feels nervous or dead but not much in between. I couldn't get my best quali lap together which could have seen me 2nd on the grid, but 5th wasn't bad. Kudos to all on a nice clean start and cautious first lap. Got around Anon and Cherno after they got squirly on the final turn of the opening laps and a couple of laps later handed the lead by Ed facing backwards at the dipper. I was sweating ballz by the end with Cherno matching pace, just out of range to apply an real pressure but close enough and consistent as always to keep me pushing.

Pretty even spread in the team championship points this week.

[​IMG]

Ladder#Assetto Corsa
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    skywalker, Cherno, c4rLo5 and 3 others like this.
  3. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Great race last night guys, once again had an absolute ball! Finally found some consistency this week which saw me finish in 5th which I am stoked about. Even woke the wife up when I went to bed to tell her which she was thrilled about:mad:, lol. Had some really close racing with Cyber and was fighting for 4th but he's defencive driving was exceptional, he put his car exactly where I didn't want it lap after lap and I just could not get through.
    Seemed like overall it was a fairly clean race without too many incidents.

Well done guys
    Cherno and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Congrats to the winners and great driving last night! :)
    I just have a love hate with Imola I think... struggled for pace all week until I got told to shift earlier is faster, then in practice I was actually starting to feel competitive.
    Sadly then it all fell apart again - Qual just couldn't get a good lap in... and the race was just a shambles for me :confused:
    Will jump on around 8pm instead of 6:45pm... brain was probably mush by the time I needed to be in the zone. :p
    Looking forward to hearing what next week track is... now I am more comfortable with getting pace in the Ferrari. :thumbsup:
    skywalker and Mael like this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Well done @c4rLo5 , saved Team Pagnian's bacon :D
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  6. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I am unsure about the early shift? What is the point of the factory shift lights then?
  7. Rolz

I changed at the first red light rather than ringing it out to all 4 red lights... but hey that worked for me... others might get different results. :)
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I changed as per the factory shift lights, the instant 4 reds show. That is about 1000rpm short of, and definitely faster than going to rev limiter, is what most mean by early shift.

Based on your pace I'm sure you already have the optimal shift point figured out ;)
    spita84 and Rolz like this.
  9. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Doesn't it mean when the lights flash to change gear? Isn't that the whole point of it? Or am I missing something. LOL
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was really looking forward to Imola, but it turned into a complete disaster. I kept going deep in practice and then in qualifying, just couldnt pull the car up. I put it down to the lower track grip. I knew it would be tough being this far down the grid, and so was modulating brakes early being aware of the concertina effect with the slower corners. Unfortunately, got slight damage trying to get through a 5-7 car hurricane after the slow chicane at the end of the back straight. I made things worse when I tagged the grass on the outside of the last turn, and around she went. The hurricane caught up and I got hit a few more times, this time badly damaging the car.

Knew the race was over and I'd be annoyed with the car not driving with how damaged it was, I just escaped back to pits. Now a lap down, I was by myself and could just enjoy driving the track. I hoped I could catch back up a few people with a lot of the race to go. Over the next few laps I noticed during the braking zones I wasn't getting full brake showing on the app. Decided to exit and check in the settings. I reset my wheel and it all looked good. Although, with 7-8 laps to go, I noticed brake wasn't working again. Turned out to be the bolt holding the spring and sensor to the upright had come slightly off. So the pedal was twisting, and not getting a correct reading... hopefully this is the last of my technical issues for some time!

My votes for tracks that I think could suit the car:

Brand Hatch (dream pack 3)
    Spa
    Nordschleife 24 Hr (dream pack 1)
    Fuji International Speedway - 45 grid box - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuji-international-speedway.2554/
    COTA - http://www.mediafire.com/download/80kxir8ckde5ad4/acu_unitedstates_v1.15.rar
    Barcelona GP (dream pack 2)
    KoAStR and Rolz like this.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I really like Imola and enjoyed the racing last night. Managed to finish 3 positions better than where I started (mostly due to others misfortunes) but I will take what i can get ;).
    Looking forward to next week :thumbsup:
  12. Rolz

YES! :D
    Mael likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol yeap that's all there is too it. It's just tempting to rev it out anyway but this car punishes you more than most if you do.
  14. Mael

Mael Professional

Qualifying index for last round, added some of the new drivers.

Pole position was 1min44.14, median time 1min45.716 and the average qualifying lap was 1min45.923.
    The standard deviation of 1.212 confirmed how close the lap-times was on the night!

[​IMG]
    Rolz likes this.
  15. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Thanks Mael, Yeah really happy with that result. Managed to keep the rear tyres from overheating, and had some great battles the whole race. So far I'm liking the 488, so we'll see how the next race goes.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Track list updated. Send your H8 mail to: The Centre For That's Nice, PO Box M1551NG, Bytemee, NZ, 666.
    krunch, Cyber_STIG_77, Casper and 3 others like this.
  17. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

c4rLo5, Hatfield, skywalker and 5 others like this.
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

LOL Eight laps Thats gona be like 4 hours for me :D
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Don't worry if you stuff a corner, it'll be 8 mins before you have to do it again ;)

I'd love to have vr for it, I wonder whether you get that drop in your stomach feeling that is so strong around different parts of the track. I still remember quite vividly doing the tourist laps around there 5 years ago.
  20. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Yeah it's awesome... Im working on the F1 138 in the Ferrari atm... can do it in 5:12 right now, but aiming for 5 flats!

It's a bit full on in the F1... But yeah you get a full elevation change through the body... you think you are going up and down those hills and get a good idea how steep it actually is...
    skywalker likes this.