Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Really good effort, you were probably the only car I didn't see during the race.
    ssman244 likes this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You are on a roll, what with winning the last TITTS race last Tuesday then following up with this win last night, we better be watching out for you tomorrow night in the 650PPO races.
    ssman244 likes this.
  3. Crackf0x

Crackf0x Rookie

PSN ID
    deglaflage
    First ever race for me and bloody hell you guys are quick. I was spinning and pretty loose all race. Sorry to those I might have got in the way of.
    ssman244 and emmo46 like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This season's Div 2 guys are almost Div 1 pace, certainly Div 1B. Hopefully next season will be a bit better when we shuffle the pack again.
  5. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Well it's my first go with the 650 class tomorrow so we shall see, but now I'm regularly back to sim racing hopefully my form can stay consistent, but anything can happen when you're racing :speechless::D
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Welcome to the world of bad luck Hat. Step this way and I will introduce you to a myriad of fun and exciting obstructions and misfortunes that will surely keep you bemused and bewitched for many a day......from lag punts, to sandwiches, to DSC's to lack of displays to being the innocent victim of others accidents to missing qualifying, to putting wrong tyres on....- to dare I say it, unfortunate lesmo excursions..I can show you a whole new world.....lol. It is very disheartening, especially when you know you have the pace...hopefully it will be your only bit of bad luck for the season and now you have gotten it out of the way...and if that doesn't make you feel any better..I am always prone to quote the philospohy of a very famous, upstanding Australian character who said ....."suffer in your jocks".....lol
  7. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi. I would prefer it if you had said BMW graciously moved off the racing line and got off the throttle to kindly allow both Russell and yourself to pass easily in what can only be described as a totally selfless and gentlemanly thing to do - as he was on older rubber. Of course...I only wish Emmo had done the same for me initially when I came up on him at a greater pace...so I could have done this a few laps later or even pitted before kindly yielding to Russell and yourself so that I could have come out after my tyre stop with a closer gap to the front of the field. ... Emmo held me at bay for 3 laps from memory and I think he will come to be known as either the enforcer or the John Bowe of our division....lol. Fortunately, second time round after my pit stop I was able to pass Emmo much easier...well quicker - not sure a pass at the double apex left hander mid-lap is an easy pass. On another topic, I didn't realise how much we do rely on the HUD display - until I did not have it. Not knowing your tyre wear, revs etc really was challenging. Finally did anyone else suffer lag issues around Deglaflage?? Hoping your suggestion of friends only rooms with no mics Hat might eliminate lag totally.
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

W
    Well in actual fact, there are currently 4 former Div 1b drivers in Div 2: Hatfield, Benny racer, Russell and myself - so it is roughly 30% Div 1b hybrid season...clearly several other drivers are easily of Div 1b pace too...maybe we need a Div 2a and Div2b for this season??? My results would look crap - but for the prospective Div2b guys, it might give them extra incentive...of course our rules may prohibit such a thing happening mid season...I can hear HAT correcting/clarifying for me as I type this....lol
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe we could split... top 8 to bottom 8 of current standings? :p
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

We probably should have run a 4th div.. Fewer cars per room, less connection issues and fairer matchups.
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hmm Hat...Is that a possibility given we are only 2 races in. Might be a good chance to re-align any current div 3 guys that are streaking away from the lower Div 3 participants too??? Sorry if this feels like agitation as it isn't meant to be. Maybe this opens the door to a conversation to a pre-season mini league to finalise division grading??? 1 sunday night in between seasons where 3-4 races of 10-12 laps are run at the first 3-4 season circuits to confirm division grading. Not sure how you might stop potential sand-bagging but hopefully we are a group of honest racers who want to race against people of similar speed instead of seeking easy wins. Life isn't meant to be easy ...and neither is racing!!!
  12. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I am guessing you are currently sitting 9th on the points table?????? lol
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    12th actually, one position behind me.;)
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm here to race.:)
    nigegunz and Knuckles like this.
  15. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    The idea of 4 divisions was suggested and strongly rejected by race control so I think splitting divisions now would be a bit of a cop out.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep. it is too late now.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R3

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines. Obviously it is easy to make a mistake and run wide over the track limits. General rule is you shouldn't gain an advantage from it. If you are found to go over the limits too often while gaining an advantage, you may be penalised post race. The main places to be careful in, are outside of Copse, Becketts & Brooklands, & both sides of Woodcote.
    CONTACT : if you push someone offline to your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You shouldn't need to pit as this is the sprint round, but if you do, try to stay right when you exit the pits
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    REVERSE GRID : For the second race with the reverse grid, remember to be patient with your overtakes. we will be looking at strict penalties for faster guys coming through who do the wrong thing being illegally aggressive
    MICS : To attempt to help room stability, mics should be off.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or Emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits or off track and let the race run down without leaving.
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Evening fellas, Haven't showed up as much as I would've liked to recently....However this sunday I'll be showing up for once!! Looking forward to see you all on track for what should be a fantastic sprint round :D
    emmo46, Hatfield and ssman244 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Welcome @1UZIS to division 2.

@its-benny-racer you guys should get each other on friends list at least.

1UZIS, if you could try and add everyone from the OP that would be helpful
    Jaycie and 1UZIS like this.