Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hey fellas, sorry haven't been on lately been flat out with real life stuff and when i haven't, i've been stuffed from work.....

congrats to the fellas that got onto the podium
    The Golden Nugget, Tek & Hoise well done boys.

i will try and remember some of the highlights :lol:
    As for my race got a great start (started 3rd behind Nugget and Hoise,,, and had a big slime bright green piece of hubba bubba stuck to my rear bumber Tek :p )
    it was going good held onto my spot with had massive pressure from Tek (top racing m8).
    i couldn't quiet catch the two boys up front but was holding the gap well. (was hoping you boys got together for a big hug and massive kiss fest and left me out of it but no such luck :lol: )
    hoise fired into the pits on 7, so i run with nugget with only a hand full of car length between us.
    into the pits on lap 8 we go (nugget and i) got a really top 1st stop for my mediums gained a huge chuck of the gap back on nugget in the pits.
    (thanks pit crew you's useless bunch of C's MF's for that :lol: )

as i have a block of lead for a right foot and now i got the meds on, i knew i had to tone it down a heap if i want keep it clean and stay with nugget.
    ummmm worked well for a bit, had some small slides here and there, no biggys.

can't remember much more.. but that i had a wicked battle with Veno for a good hand full of laps, full respect m8 made it interesting and hard.
    and i think i need to say sorry to ya m8 for given you a small bump in turn 1, lap can't bloody remember...
    if i remember you got a little wide in the entry and mid corner which left the door open for me so i just drove on in.

as i said fellas can't remember much of the details i don't have the replay to recall on....

8 laps softs
    21 laps on mediums
    pitted lap 29, 30, 31, 32 and finally 33 which by that time my tyres were FARKEN SHOT
    ( laps 31 and 32 were full on RAGE :D lap 33 a BIT slippery but only a little BIT :lol: )
    so parked it on outside of turn 1 laps 34, than moved to inside of turn 1,
    REASON being if some1 had an off road adventure i didn't want my car to be in way...
    i remember crossing the road as some1 popped over the hill entering turn 1 as i did this, not to sure if i got ur way or not but do said sorry whoever u were and if i did.

if some1 would be nice enough to post the replay on here somewhere, so i can review it that would be great.... cheers ;) :D

come on Tokyo love that place..
  2. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Tried to get in some prac the other night with Aussie, anon. But with no luck. Kept getting booted from room. Sorry guys. Was a good race till that started happening. Hopefully can get on tonight for another attempt.
  3. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

When the qually session is about to end,as there is no grass to park on can we nominated an area that will put no one at risk of being disadvantaged. Some areas to consider are the pit entry or the area toward turn 1 after pit exit. Dunno if 14 cars will fit though.
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Plenty of room on the inside after Turn 1.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah flood, i agree, just before and after turn 1 is heaps of room
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hey stu you want to host from now on and I'll go back up? All seemed pretty good in your room. I can message everyone over PSN and tell them to join your room.
  7. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

It was definitely a good stoush Aussie. If there was a bump it was a small one. No incident mate. The reality was I was on softs and you were on mediums and I couldn't nail the pass for quite number of laps so tyre advantage if anything made me competitive. Was a bit sceptical about the two tyres at first but now I'm a fan. Really makes you think about strategy and how hard you want to push it. It doesn't take much to wear those puppies down if you throw the car around too much. Ill have a look to see if any of you cats are on for a practice later tonight.
  8. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Everywhere I go I tell them that Stu is a top bloke.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Yeah no problem tek, will start in mine and any probs will sort out at the time....

Cheers
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

******* bad idea to try and fix brake pedal hour before race. i thought itd be a simple cleaning process to stop flickering break pedal problem and somewhere along the line i stuffed one of the springs and cant get it back in right place. does anyone have a link to a diagram or something? anything will be greatly appreciated, cos at the moment, im lost with what to do. shouldve really looked up a vid if im not very good with this sorta stuff
  11. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

[img=Results : Tokyo]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7239/6978107732_75827f6053_z.jpg[/img]

guys great racing! congrats to AussieMAn , Hosie and Flood .. Spectacular racing everybody !! looking forward to everyone's report.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

EDit Good job on the photo sid. Thanks.

Sorry Zamps never taken apart.

Preliminary Results pending any protests.
    1st Aussie (dominated) time 47:50
    2nd Hosie (again solid result)
    3rd Floodsim (nice come back from last week)
    4th Natman
    5th Nugget
    6th tek
    7th neverEnough
    8th Stuart
    9th Topcat
    10th Aza
    11th Sidfire
    12th Veno
    13th M1k
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks sid, good job....i will post up a list of fastest laps so its easier for the fastest lap list.......

Great race tonight guys, Aussie in a class of his own. well done.

Hosie and flood really solid drives.

No dramas that i could see.....well done everyone.

fastest laps

Hosie 1.37.653
    ozzy 1.37.663
    azza 1.38.466
    tek 1.38.467
    flood 1.38.563
    topcat 1.39.080
    nugget 1.39.092
    stu 1.39.119
    sidfire 1.39.132
    never 1.39.291
    natman 1.39.424
    veno 1.39.741
    miki 1.39.985
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol hosie stole fastest lap by 1 100th.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what about aza and you !!!
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol dang, didnt notice that. Nice one Azza.
  17. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    well not my ideal result but i did say that i would be happy with a top 5! 7th in Quali was definatly not what i wanted. almost a whole second off my pb. just couldnt put a clean lap down.
    5th really didnt do my stategy and tyre conservation justice. up until the final pit stop i was right in the middle of the fight for the podium with Flood and Natman. i got onto the back of them late in the stint due to obviously looking after my tyres better. also Flood and Natman battling so hard wasnt good for their tyres. i pitted right behind Flood with only 8 laps to go. my stop took a little longer than his for some reason and exited the pit only to have traffic split between me and Flood!!!!! AARRRGHH!!!! i think it was Topcat and Aza on old tyres i think. it took me a lap to get around them and by that time Flood and Natman were too far ahead. in the end i was only 8 seconds from the podium so not too bad considering a bad quali.

good racing guys there is a really high standard in this div and having a ball. hoping to bounce back next week
  18. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Aussiiiiiiiiiiieeee!!!!! If he made it to the start of the race he was always gonna be hard to beat, it would've been a good effort just to stay on the lead lap with that bastard in there!
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    some really good racing last night guys....well done to the podium, Aussie was in a class of his own this race i think, but well done to hosie for fastest lap, and flood showing his true pace !!

I qualied 9th on the softs, couldnt hook it up in qualy or get near a pb so was always pushing it up hill.

I was up to 6th after getting past nuggett and aza who got out of shape in one of their battles with with the train in front, but when i had a spin on lap 6 in the fast chicane over the back i screwed my tires and had to change my strategy to soft, med, med so i only 2 stopped.

Was hoping for a top 5, but after that it was night over.......

Aza, what happened mate ??? !!! With 2 to go it looked like the cops had put road spikes out and you were running on flats !! Bad luck mate, had good pace.....it really is a balance with the meds i reckon trying to get the pace out of them and keeping them in reasonable nick so you can use the softs for as long as possible.....

Some really good driving guys, watching the replay was interesting to see different battles all over the track, either door to door, or on strategy.

On to Tsukuba, for the sprint round........lots of cars on a short narrow track, with a reverse grid race 2, put your seat belts on !!

Stu
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also have checked the tires and everyone is good, so unless there is a protest results will stand......Well done
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.