Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

And I'm gonna rip past between yous ;D
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bring it on Sid !!!, on the way past though can you nudge Aussie out of the way, might solve both our problems !!
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, just a few things to tidy up before R1 on Sunday night.

Qualifying starts @ 8:30pm EST
    Race Starts @ 8:40pm EST

1. You CANT mix your tires in the same stint. The same compound must be used front and back at all times. Also, you must use both the Soft and Medium compound at some stage. The penalty for NOT running both compounds at some stage will be 1 minute added to your race time.

2. Pit lane WILL BE CLOSED during the 10 min qualifying period. This is to stop anyone from 'accidentally' swapping from the the soft to the mediums after they have set a time in the softs. If people were to do that it would disadvantage the drivers behind and give an unfair advantage. The Division captain will advise of the procedure that best suits them on race night.

3. WHEELS CAN BE CHANGED IN GT AUTO, but you will need to reset your gearbox settings to default before you go to track. If you dont it will block you from entering the track as the room is "tuning prohibited".

4. THE CONCRETE VERGE IN TURN 3 (Deep Forest) IS NOT PART OF THE TRACK. you must have , or be attempting to have, at least 2 wheels on the track at all times. People caught "consistently cutting" to gain advantage will be penalized at the end of the race.

Please read both the driver standards thread ........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727

and race protest thread .........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

So we can all have a great , hassle free season.

Good luck guys, hope you enjoy Season 7.

Stu and Miki
  4. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Dark Blue & GOld Rims #69

Hi guys, I think I've raced against half the Div2 field at some point, plenty of old acquainances to re-ignite battles with!

- Floodsim, I thought you were doing ok in Div.1 ? !

See you all on track Sunday night, it's ON ! !
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good on ya natman for sticking it out in Div 1 as long as you did while it needed the numbers... hope you have a ball this Season in Div 2, and hopefully you can enjoy some time at the front of the pack. good luck ;)
  6. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Thanks Koastr, looking forward to it !

I've finally hit the track at Deep Forrest, and I'm getting 8 laps from softs & 10 from Mediums. Does that sound about right?

Looks like a 3 or 4 stop race for me, F1 Style !
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nah not any more.
    I sat out last season and barely touched the PS3 during that time. So far I've struggled to find any pace/consistency again. I was woeful in Anon's DTM series.
    I'll be doing well to keep up with the leaders in Div 2 I reckon.

I also think alot of people have really lifted their game.
    I was thinking about it the other day, just how much some people have improved over the seasons. One person in particular who I reckon has come a long way is Aza.
    No disrespect mate, but back when the game first came out and we were racing in Seido's early events, I considered you a bit of a walkover; you weren't very quick and made too many mistakes.
    But now... No doubt he is as fast as, if not faster, than me. It's great to see. I certainly take him more seriously when we're on track now.
  8. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I said the same thing a couple nights ago flood

Zampli is another example and nugget as well, season 4 both those guys were pretty slow or inconsistent, now they will prob both do very well in div 2.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea sounds right, had a couple of 19 lap races last with a few crew last night and we were all stopping once. I went 8 softs 11 meds. So I doubt anyone can do it in less than 3 stops. Question is is it worth doing 4? I was thinking about it last night and the answer is "I dont know" Could only tell by doing to dry runs then comparing total times.

My pace feels ok at this track so I better make the most of it before we get to tokyo, indy and Daytona cause ive always been slow on those tracks. Mid 10,s on fresh softs will be good pace I reckon.
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Thanks for the kind words Flood I missed most of last season myself and I'm only just getting back to the speed & consistency I had on track before I had a forced break looking forward to racing against all the guys in div 2 this season there's some very quick guys in this division this season so it should make for some close interesting racing see you on track Sunday mate.:cool:

p.s no offence taken either mate I know exactly what you're saying mate.:cool:
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a reminder for qualy with all the banter over the last few days....

Pit lane is CLOSED during the 10 minute qualifying period, so you need to decide what tires you are going to start on before you go to track.

Once your tires are worn so that you cant better your time, please park your car off the circuit away from other competitors.

Remember you need to run both the medium and soft compound at some stage. Anyone not running both compounds will be penalized 1 minute.

Please be aware of other competitors on fast laps or if you are recovering from an off track excursion. Finding a clean lap out of the traffic is all part of the challenge ;)

We should see a range of different strategies that should keep the result unknown till the final few laps...

Enjoy guys, looking forward to see the results and your race reports (compulsory by the way :p :) ) tomorrow.

Lets fire the forum up !!

Stu
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i have to agree with ya there Stu (lets fire up the forum)

i will make sure i make time 4 my "RACE REPORT" so stay tuned and make sure you fellas have 000 on speed dial... :lol: :p

and good luck fellas and have a good race, just watch out for me on the track. :p :p
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I take it by this our qual will start at 8:40pm EST. Practice will be open about 8:10pmEST, its recomended to try and get on at least 10 mins prior to qual so we can sort any of the ocasional "I cant see so and so problems" . If we have any major problems like ppl not being able to join we will be going straight to Stu's room so make sure you have added him too.

BTW Zampli is yet to respond to my friend request that I sent last week.

Cyas tonight.
  14. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Zamps is away this week niquey, you guys start at 830 for qualy usually ? Up to you guys anyway if everyones there
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ahh yea see on page one of thread now, qual 8:30 EST
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

1st off thxs to whom ever ended up hosting Stu/Hosie. I think we can go with Stu as host and hosie back up if u want his connection seemed pretty good. I can still post results or what not.
    13 drivers finished the race with not one disconection, so good effort fellas.

Provisonal results pending any protests or corner cutting.

1st Nugget 1st race in div 2 straight onto the top step. Time 47min 29sec
    2nd tekNique Perenial Bridesmaid :/ +8.6
    3rd Hosie Drove a solid race and looked the goods early, Fastest lap*. +13.7
    4th Veno
    5th NeverEnough
    6th Stu
    7th Topcat
    8th Aza
    9th Floodsim
    10th Sidfire
    11th M1k
    12th Natmanscoop
    13th Aussie (parked it with 4 laps to go)
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    great stuff niquey, well done nugget!

div 3 boys right up there, second season in a row a div 3'er has come up and won
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh wow Nugget! That's a bloody good effort mate! Well done!
  19. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha well done Nugget. Doing what i did :p
    Hopefully you can go all the way man.
    Wish i could be there.
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Division 2 Fastest Laps at Deep Forest
    1.09.771 Hosie
    1.10.353 MrTopCat
    1.10.622 Nugget
    1.10.799 Tek