Race car for season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 4, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    without
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah mate, without. havent tried with TC as im probably not going to use it (depending on how my test runs go)
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    One day we might get to run the v8 in the Sunday league, I'm easy either way, the Sierra is pretty cool too, the v8 has been available in some form or another in every game we've used but it's never got across the line. Maybe there's something in that.
    Better put me down for another season Stu.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am thinking of making the call now, that season 7 will be the V8.....been close so many times....
    Zachery likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be looking at this over the next week or so.....need to do some long runs in it so we get borderline 2 stops. Will also be fuel dependant
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lock it in eddie!
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    2 stops in a 45 odd minute race??? seems too much IMO. i think we stick with a 1 mandatory stop like last season.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i did say 'borderline"
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    okay, correct me if im wrong, but by saying borderline, the idea is to either have 2 stops giving plenty of grip all race, or 1 stop, and conserve?
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    possibly, we looked at that for the last few seasons but with every car being unique its a case of seeing what will work on the long runs, and how long we can get the default tire to work, then matching it up with the wear rates. Also finding the right working temp for each tire set was a huge undertaking......if only they changed the pit stop options would make our life so much easier.
    Zachery likes this.
  11. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Speaking of getting it off the line, for every car I drive in this game I put it in first hold the clutch and the hivenit near enough max revs and then jump off the clutch when it goes green, gets tricky in a hill start when the brake needs to be applied to stop backwards rolling but seems to work well for me
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I usually shift into 1st and mash it GT6 style, might not work for the Sierra but it gave me heaps of good starts in the Ginetta a few seasons ago.
    RHINO11 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    do you know what you are doing this season jono ??
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so jono is out ! ..... and i have taken the mop to isle 7 after the mess i created yesterday :rolleyes::confused::D

Thanks to the guys who did a 45 min race run last night with wear on real and fuel on slow and the car made it easily on both (around the nurb GP). I think that everyone made it easily on tires, with the car not getting too bad till it hits below 70% wear. i think i finished on 80% on the fronts and with 2 laps to go ran within .2 of my fastest lap. Track temp was 38* and the tires didnt get above 105 for me, while others were in the red, so i think a TT of between 30*- 36* should be about perfect.

Interestingly, there are only 2 options for tires. 1. Race medium slick and 2. Rain !! This will make the pit strat pretty easy.

Am hoping to get on tonight and run something in the wet to see what beast it creates, but i have to say that after last nights run we should be in for some great racing. People will have to get their heads around braking a little earlier when in a pack, it does lose a little grip in the draft, but what i found is that slow in, fast out really works with the way the boost is set up. Was a couple of times where i was able to get a run on kart and rhino when they defended and were a little slow on exit.

At this stage, pending a mass of late entries, we will be running a very full 3 divs, and given we have a fair spread over all three we will run in 2 classes for each. Will try to tidy that up a week out of the season starting so all places at this stage are PROVISIONAL still. Will post this up in the div threads later today with all entered drivers linked in to double check entries. Again, please let me or Ad2mny know if you have no intention of running.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Stu just thought i would let you know i have no intention of running
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    smartass
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds like the end of the first lap on iracing as well :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I had no intention of walking but by the end of lap 1, yes i was
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    @stucar17 hi
    wet test tonight, what time mate?
  20. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    As promised, a video of @Kart-No-1 and @NAACS coming together at high speed last night :)
    NAACS likes this.