Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I feel bad for leaving ya Hats but that tyre wear bug I had at Hockenheim killed it for me :(
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Got a good start and was up into the top 10. Went to make a pass and was swiped across the front spinning me deep infield.
    Got back on track in last by a fair way. Caught someone who had their own incident. Fought with them for a few corners then we game together. Can't see the point doing 100% distance with 0% fun.

Good luck guys.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That was an excellent race! Had an awesome battle with @warrior2167 even though there was a bit of lag from him, it didnt affect the battle. Then had another sweet battle with @Motorsports560 for around ten laps. Ended up bringing her home in 4th. Another decent result at a track i hate.

Congratz to benny on the win. Way to quick frrom start to finish mate. And congratz to jono and seth on the other 2 podium spots. Was one of the cleaner races this season from my POV
    its-benny-racer, Bounty05 and seth123 like this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Great pace Benny, well done, and a credit to the all other drivers tonight, good racing.
    I had no pace - correction - you guys are just too fast!!!!
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Qually Lap. Last hour of race replay to come.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Had some fun that race, Firstly got the shock of my life when everyone around me launched off the line while i still had 5 red lights on. So ended up last at the first corner made it cleanly through the first lap had a great view of @Hatfield getting wrecked and then occurred what was the best battle i've had in the series so far with @Zachery. I don't even know how many overtakes we made in that first 15-20 laps but it was an insanely clean battle and for that i give you a big :thumbsup:.
    And then i put the hard tyres on and the car felt terrible and once Zachary went off down the road my race was kinda boring until the final 10 laps running 6th when the VSC came out (kinda wanted a proper safety car but whatever). I stayed out while @warrior2167 came in just as the VSC ended effectively gifting me 5th than had the fun challenge of keeping @Viperzed behind by 3 seconds due to a penalty which i was able to do by 4 tenths. Also @Viperzed i'm not sure what happened with our contact my proximity arrow came up when we made contact so not sure.
    Congrats to Benny, Jono and Seth for the podium
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Mixture of frustration and a poor turn in. Sorry for that one mate, had to let you go there it was all round clumsy from me
    Motors560 likes this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Great lap. Would like to know how it is your full throttle as much as you are. I get nothing but wheel spin with three quater throttle. Everywhere.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

Combination of diff and rear suspension settings.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Glad to see the new regulations were followed superbly, I'm very happy.

However, X-WTF_MAN-X and fastboysmith will both receive 3 penalty points for failing to remove themselves from the race properly.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well I stayed out of trouble tonight and avoided any incidents but couldn't match the pace so just made sure I finished the race. Was hoping for a 2 stopper but really scrubbed my tyres in the second stint. Came in to the pits around lap 40 but my tyres didn't get changed so had to do yet another stop, very strange.
    Congrats to the podium guys, good clean racing.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I'm glad I could make this race, it was good fun! After qualifying mid pack my first and only goal was to get through the first complex of corners cleanly...mission failed =[ I ended up on the outside of turn 2 and was just run out of room. So after my little spin on the infield I got back into it and despite my front wing damage I decided to try and go long on that first set of tyres to make sure the other tyres could get me home on the two stopper. After a few laps and a little battle with @Bryan_F I zoned out for a solid 15 or so laps :sleep: With about 20-25 laps to go I started to put in some good laps and decided hold onto the hards for long enough to make sure I could get to the finish on the softs again. In this last stint I had the tyre advantage over @Knuckles and @Bryan_F but had some really good battles, thanks guys!
    REVO_Bryan, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    My race was a little simpler than usual, I didn't do any tyre testing so aimed for as close to pole as possible getting p2 at best, The second pole attempt lap I tried hard maybe a little to hard frying the set and then they were virtually useless for the first few laps, Once the others ahead of me started to feel the wear felt almost like I caught up. Went to the softs at the pit stop just following the games 3 stop which I quickly figured out the soft set was useless, Wearing in a few laps and lapping slower than the hard set. I went to the hards during the second stop and managed to get 29 or 29 laps at them pitting on lap 50 with 49% wear during the VSC. I felt I could have done easily done the 34 or 35 laps on them but didn't want to be involved in a late race battle which I was always going to be third so I pitted during it for the softs and kindly enough Zachary let me through. Can't complain with a third placing. WD @its-benny-racer

Bring on Japan (?)
    Viperzed, The_Spectre and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    video to match- @Hatfield theres another weird thing at the end of this video like last week
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  17. its-benny-racer

Last hour of race, not a lot of action really.
    seth123, The_Spectre and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yeah Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...
    seth123 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Very pleased to take 2nd place after struggling for consistency all race.

My two laps were poor so I was suprised to line up 5th, qualifying has been one of my weaknesses this season and I need to improve there. Having passed Viper and Warrior off the start, I expected Benny and Seth to shoot off but surprisingly I kept up easily, almost getting up the inside of Seth into turn 1 on lap 2 but it was ambitious to say the least. Having passed him around the outside of the final corner the next lap I made a stupid error at turn 14 and he was back past. He was dishing out some more robust (but fair) defending until I overtook him once more under DRS. Benny's early stop was the first step to him winning the race easily, as Seth and I cost each other time battling. If I had my time again, I would have followed Benny into the pits.

I expected to reel Benny in but he found a new level of pace I couldn't live with. I felt the Mercs were no longer a factor after they put on Softs, indicating a 3 stop. I settled into 2nd, maintaining the gap behind but like at Silverstone, I experienced very high wear on the hards, in stark contrast to the softs which held together very well. However Seth pitted around lap 22 for hards which I felt was impossible to get to the end on, but as it transpired he would have made it. So on my fresher hards I reeled him in pretty comfortably until about 10 laps to go when Mustafur triggered a VSC and Seth ducked in for softs, which gifted me 2nd. Comparing the wear rates, I might not have passed Seth after all.

A tough race where the car felt perfect one lap, but wanted to bite my head off the next. My target was to get more points than Seth so I'm very happy. Benny tore us a new one, that was one of the most dominating displays I've ever seen. A late charge for the championship maybe? :p

Very excited for Suzuka, I hope to see you all there. :)
    seth123 likes this.
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    My fuel was so marginal battling with Pringles and Knuckles that I was toggling between Rich and Standard between the two straights and the rest of the track.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.