Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you do neglige, adro??? o_O
    sunday night i was sporting a silver gtr after my profile connection issues a week ago had me running in the stock standard black... first joke i thought of to go with the typo report to emmo. i saw razor sporting a luvly shade of silver on the night too so we have obviously ditched the RZR colours... 2 teams have green. i thought i might try something different every week to get the best possible liccorice allsorts colour range on the grid
    having thought about it more ;) maybe we could do a DOTD aka Best Dressed award for the remaining races
    Adronaught and bmx_mtb_boy like this.
  2. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'll have to bring the Matte Dark Silver back if that happens.
    nigegunz likes this.
  3. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

All good buddy.i was being a sook.i appolagise for my wording in the incident.no one punts anyone on purpose.i was
  4. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Sorry bud.i was being a sook.i do apologize for my out burst. Alls good.we're all doing our best cheers mate.
    Adronaught likes this.
  5. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Man I know how it feels to see your race, your sometimes 'highlight moment of the week' go up in smoke...it sucks a mighty hairy pair! I started in Div 4, got bumped up to Div 2 for a couple of seasons before I was properly 'blooded' ROOZ style, and between my :):):):)ty internet and some god awful luck I think I finished 7 or 8 of the 12 races, and in the end was using my cat as a modem/router in sheer desperation...ROOZ and GT6 can be cruel, cruel mistresses, but hang in there bro...it does get better! Has only taken me 7 seasons to adjust, lol! No hard feelings man, never will be...race hard!
  6. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    nigegunz likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    All fixed.
    nigegunz likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING R4 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 17 LAPS - WEATHER ROUND
    24 HR TIME CYCLE

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    There are many places to be careful of including Turns 1, 5, 12, 16, 18-20

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

QUALIFYING : 100% track wetness and fixed changeability will be run for qualifying. Qualifying will start in the dark at 100% and transition into morning. This means that the room will be reset to change the settings back to 0% wetness and changeability 4 for the race, and we will need to manually lineup. Room captains should take note of the qualifying positions so that the lineup can be organised efficiently

STARTING TYRE : You may start on whichever Racing Tyre you choose. I would recommend starting on the SOFT compound as the track will start dry and weather settings generally mean the track will start to get wetter, BUT it is random as to whether it gets heavier or lighter. You may gamble and start on the INTERS, or WETS, BUT this is a big gamble.

PASSING : Use your heads ! If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb with a crazy pass. ;).

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

PIT LINES : max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on your lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, but in front of those who have 'parked up' if you completed more laps.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,
    something for you to think about for next week....

Apparently its a public holiday in 4 states for next weeks round....

Please let us know early if you cant race, if there are lots away we will look to postpone for a week

If you could discuss tonight in your lobby would be good

Stu
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I can race next week but will go with the flow...all good...
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Id prefer to not skip a week. Only being that will cause me to miss the final round.
    Adronaught likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

im good for next sunday
    Adronaught likes this.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I would rather not skip a week.
    Adronaught likes this.
  14. its-benny-racer

Polyphony Digital logic, if 1cm of 1 tyre touches a wet patch, the whole car flies off the track like it was suddenly running on ice...

That was the single worst racing experience of my entire life. PD had seriously better fix this in GTS or I won't even bother with it.
    Adronaught and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Qualified 7th despite catching a couple of cars on my hotlap. Then made the decision to start on intermediate tyres. 1st lap wasn't great when I spun at the end of the back straight. After that I put my head down to climb back up to 3rd as the rain got heavier and was catching the leaders.Then the track dried out and I had to put for slicks. Resumed and survived running wide a few times on slippery patches to finish 4th, only 4 seconds off the podium, possibly with fastest lap too.
    Adronaught, SPL Racing and incey like this.
  16. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Know what that's like. Made passing @natmanscoop challenging to say the least. Also @Knuckles got to sed an unintentional Formula D entry from me into the final chicane thanks to this. Tempted to consider PCARS 2 over GT Sport when upgrade time comes around.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    dat random weather tho...

Couldn't get a clean lap in for qualifying so started 2nd last.

Got away good to get alongside the car in front into T1 and kept it clean.

Track wetness started to increase, but not too fast. It got up to about 23% and then started to drop again, before climbing again to 30% when I made the decision to go another lap...

On that lap, it went up to 32% before starting to drop until it eventually went to 0% and the rain the stopped (with 2 laps to go it started again but wetness was still 0)

I had a few close calls with people going for the pass on the wet track and sliding into me, but all redressed.

Also had a few spins of my own but came home for a happy 2nd
    Adronaught likes this.
  18. its-benny-racer

From what I've seen and read, Project Cars 2 is shaping up to be a serious contender, especially with the features built specifically for racing leagues like this. I honestly feel like PD are going to have to produce something better than expected in order to remain relevant, I just doubt that the people developing it have the right priorities to make that happen.
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  19. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Sure will. GT Sport can't afford to be more of the same or it will fail.
  20. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Well done nige good win. That was a very strange race to say the least, I was in second and gaining when my car went straight for the first time, three more offs and a spin that was very unexpected,as I had settled for second and was not pushing I came in third. It felt like I was a passenger in the last five laps. I like the weather round as it provides a different challenge, but perhaps fixed weather would be better.
    Adronaught and nigegunz like this.