Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure thing.
    make sure to PM the stewards group by today
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I didn't get a thank you for providing assistance turning the corner either.
  3. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Cheers benny
    .im not trying to be argumentative.
    I just cant see contact on my replay from any angle..
    Its all good.
    No drama.
    Cheers
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Has gt6 ever ran a DOTD like we run in F1?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no, but if someone wants to organise it for all divisions I would be happy to see it occur
  6. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Does that stand for Dumbass of the day?
    Knuckles likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I would win that for my two spins in race 1.:unsure: I had a ball trying to hold you out in race two and I'm kicking myself for letting you through when I mucked up turn one just as you hand a blinder through there to dive up the inside for turn 2. I held on to you for the rest of the race though, but you were probably just cruising.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol not sure if serious due to lack of emote...
    Driver of the Day
  9. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    wasn't cruising at all, seen you gaining time the last 4-5 laps on me. was a good battle
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If I could have held you out for a lap or two more I think I had the advantage over the last few laps to take the win. That's why I'm kicking myself for that slow exit from turn one that gave you the opportunity to dive up the inside. It was a good move on your part though. :thumbsup:
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

All evidence points to there being some network issues, I honestly didn't notice lag from anyone, at least whilst I was in close proximity to them, but it would seem that there were some general lag issues causing contact. It is fortunate that these cars are pretty hard to rattle unless you get a wheel on the grass at the wrong moment.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional Results

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  13. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

My race time for race two looks a little odd. I had a frustrating night that started with a crapy qual that put me in 9th. Had no lights at the start and completely missed the start, 11th into turn 1. Things got better when I managed to miss all the carnage at the exit of two. Didn't have the pace to stay with the top three so happy I guess with fourth. Race two was going better until my pedals slipped of their stand under brakes into the hairpin. While I was retrieving them from the floor I got pushed of the track(my fault). The rest of the race I was battling moving pedals and could not get full brakes as I could not reach them properly, sorry again to @bmx_mtb_boy pedals slipped again and we made contact.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yes it is a little odd isn't it. I had better fix that.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    All better now. I heard there may be a protest so those results are provisional.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

my round points too @emmo46
    tho i'll take the xtra 2 for best dressed on the night...
    Adronaught likes this.
  17. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Im just a hopeless driver,thats the problem lol
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Cutting and pasting is fraught with peril. I have the points right in the chart and will correct this later.
    nigegunz likes this.
  19. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    No probs @Razorpod50...I saved Race 1 but must have run out of alotted memory so it wasn't there when I went to review the race (If anyone has an accessible replay of Race 1 so I can watch/see what happened I'd surely appreciate it).
    As for 'punting guys off the track', all I can say (without having seen said replay) is, if I unfairly bumped anyone it most certainly would not have been intentional, but nevertheless I would apologise if it were so, and cop the appropriate penalty.
    But I will say this also: I race hard and fair! I always leave half the track (if I can...some moves are bolder than others), but if I think I've 'crossed the line of good sportsmanship', I'll generally yield as an apology/courtesy as soon as is safe and prudent to do so...
    My quali was not my quickest, as has been the case so far this season...7th or 8th from memory...BUT, I've been getting stonking starts, much to my surprise, and I worked like crazy (and held on for dear life) through some 'very aggressive' but fair racing, to grab 4th half way through the second lap? (Need replay to confirm...)
    @Luckgoesmyway had a better handle on the settling laps and got by me without incident, and I just sort of held station, gaining a little/losing a little securing 5th for Part A. Gotta be happy with that!
    I started 5th in Race 2, due to there being only 9 starters, and snagged 4th out of Druids (narrowly scraping past a very sideways @natmanscoop), and proceeded to chase after the lead pack comprising of @Hatfield, @LITTLEBLACKO942, and @bmx_mtb_boy. I tried to maintain pace with them lest I get left too far behind later in the race, and hung in there to capitalise on BMX spinning wide at Graeme Hill (ironically as your brakes must've slid away from you Luck...pity that! Niggley equipment s*@t!).
    I had a crack at Blacko into Paddock Hill around lap 18-19, but backed right out of it when my car 'pushed' crazily towards the outer limits of the track (and Blacko on the outside)...discretion proving to be the better part of valour on this occasion, as we both lived to fight on, albeit with Hat driving away as we traded blows, and @Knuckles gaining at a terrifying rate of knots...
    I launched my next attack ending lap 22, getting great drive out of Clearways...drawing alongside Blacko as we plunged down and up to Druids...I tried to hold the car tight on the apex, but it slid slightly, allowing Blacko to execute a text book 'under and over', but it left him on the outside into Graeme Hill as I held my line (after some brief paint swapping...lol).
    I think he contacted me 'ever so slightly' in the braking zone for McLaren, coz I was turning in nicely...dabba dabba on the skids...then I wasn't turning in, and the car was 'pushing' towards the sand...just dipping the front, then the rear left in, as I fought desperately to stay on the black stuff...I got going ok but now Knuckles was all but right up my clacker, and I was a little furious (lol, really?), frantically flashing my headlights in Blacko's rear view like some sort of telekinetic mute, commanding that he yield at this very instant! Lol! He ran wide at Paddock Hill, so, red mist descending, I shoved a very bold late braker up the inside into Druid's, and despite some light, paint swapping contact, I didn't 'hit' him or take him out, and we continued side by side around the corner...now on my replay it shows a good deal of empty space between myself and Blacko, but somehow he was real wide exiting on the ripple strip (not due to my contacting his car) and grabbed a boot full of grass on the left rear as he accelerated out of the corner, which as we all know and love, results in the car shooting across to the right of circuit...was a bloody shame Blacko! We had a proper wing ding battle man, so hat's off! Respect!
    It was at this moment I realised that Hat must've DC'd and I was holding 1st place with Knuckles pretty much all over me like a bad suit! I'd seen his pace in Rounds 1 & 2, and in Race 1, and frankly I thought he'd get around me...but I dug in like some sort of unyielding unyielder, and tried to make my car as legally wide as I felt comfortable, without taking the piss and blocking in poor taste (I hope I managed this in your view Knuckles)...you also drove very firmly but fairly man...no big love taps or scary manoeuvres in my rear view mirror, lol! So to you also, respect, and well done on the Round Win.
    I'm sorry if I ruined your day @Razorpod50...I'm not a 'punter' by nature, and if anyone could please refer me to a replay copy of Race 1 (Dropbox is good for this...) I'd be most appreciative.
    Can't wait for the 'rain race' at Spa...I always find 'imagining' the real track moisture/grip level ratio a tricky bugger to balance...will be 'interesting' to say the least...I'm crossing my fingers to 'will' any rain squalls and showers to fall well East of the circuit on the day...
    adro out :D:D:D
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Cyberstig1 and Knuckles like this.
  20. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Just for the record Nige...what kind of attire are we referring to here mate? After 5's? Black Tie? Or neglige?