Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING R3 - Brands Hatch Indy - SPRINT ROUND
    WEAR - REAL
    RACE 1 - 29 Laps
    RACE 2 - 29 Laps

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE :
    - At the end of the first race, positions will be recorded
    - Room will be set to reverse grid
    - If after the race we have any Dsc's who were not last, we will set the room to fastest first and line-up in order on track prior to starting the race

SPRINT ROUND POINTS : (same as has always run ;))
    Race 1 will be full points based on where you finish
    Race 2 will be 1/2 points
    Points will be added for each race to determine final standings. (then normal point structure will apply)
    POLE point will be awarded for race 1
    Fastest lap point will be awarded for fastest on the night.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    (But I am sure there isn't anywhere for this to actually happen here)

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is VERY tough to pass here. Use your heads ! If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb with a crazy pass. ;).

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.The reverse grid race will be a real test for everyone with the fast guys looking to get through. Been some great racing so far, will be interested to see how everyone handles this.

PIT LINES : Being a sprint round, there will probably not be a need to pit. However, if you do feel the need for a pitstop, please take the correct entry (max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines either side on the pathway into the pits) and on exit, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the circuit being so short, there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, but in front of those who have 'parked up' if you completed more laps.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly
    nigegunz, Luckgoesmyway and Knuckles like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

If there is one detail missing from the "pit exit line" rule. It should also be stipulated that drivers passing the pits don't cross into the pit exit.

IE, 2 or 3 drivers are racing side by side coming up to the pit exit, another car exits pits just before the 2 drivers reach the exit. The driver exiting the pits should have right of passage within the exit lane.
    Knuckles likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Left hander at graham hill. A fair bit of run off. Fair game? Not that you wanna go out there being as slippery as it is. @incey.
    Adronaught likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hmmm you may be right...
    briefing still states the 2 wheels rule however
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Graham Hill has clearly defined red and white exit curbing, then the run-off. If you don't have at least 2 on the curb you aren't on the track.
    You can in theory have 2 on the green past the curb at T1, but I suspect the car is so wide you'd have to be in the gravel on the other side to achieve it.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I have realised the better line for me is nowhere near the edge of the pavers. risk vs reward and all that
    Adronaught likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Weakest s#!t ever, DSC'd outta first place.
    What a muddafv(*a!
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    me too in race 2
    HTODSCFML
    natmanscoop likes this.
  10. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Hard luck guys. That's worse than me spinning out of 3rd place while ahead of the eventual race winner.
    natmanscoop likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

Race 2 finishing order and fastest laps:
    Also added in race times..
    Adro: 41.474 | 20:26.555
    Knuck: 41.186 | 20:26.863
    Benny: 41.251 | 20:28.326
    Luck: 41.438 | 20:33.784
    BMX: 41.481 | 20:36.893
    Nige: 41.334 | 20:39.367
    Blacko: 41.318 | 21:18.385
    Nat: 41.104 | 21:36.003
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  12. its-benny-racer

Race 1 finishing order and fastest laps:
    Knuck: 41.254
    Nige: 41.324
    Benny: 41.366
    Luck: 41.389
    Adro: 41.341
    BMX: 41.506
    Blacko: 41.372
    Hat: 41.465
    Razor: 41.362
    Viper: 41.466
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. its-benny-racer

Didn't get a photo of the Race 1 finish to get to get race times
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i have the race 1 details
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So, during qualifying I was second last until getting some solid times after pitting to grab 6th.
    A cracking allowed me to stay wide without worry and tuck in at T1 to go down the inside of @its-benny-racer and pass under brakes for druids...
    unfortunately @Razorpod50 got me up the backside and this unsettled the car... and my foot did the rest and off I went.
    Chasing the pack I ended up in 7th before having a spin at the exit to graham hill.
    After that while catching @LITTLEBLACKO942 he appeared to lag greatly on my screen and took me out from off the track (obvious lag) but due to my race 2 dsc, I am not sure if the lag was him or me.
  16. its-benny-racer

Probably the 1 track this season where overtaking was pretty much impossible without contact unless the car in front makes a mistake. Our team brief turned out to be prophetic, elbows out in defense and just put pressure on and make up positions when mistakes are made. Based on how things went for others, Im just glad to have mostly kept it clean and not cracked under pressure.
    nigegunz and Knuckles like this.
  17. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Very dissapointed once again at the lack of attention by some
    Adro you took me out on the exit of turn 2.
    Hat at no time did i tap your rear end, you spun on your own.
    I checked the replay. NO CONTACT.
    Not much more i can add,
    I believe i would be in the top 5 in this group,
    But due to the lack of attention to detail by some im out of the running already.
    Adro, last week turn 2 you squeezed me up against the wall trying to go 3 cars wide into 1 line corner
    And you pushed me onto the grass again last night first lap.
    After asking for a bit more patience last race. It seem to be ignored by some..
    Seriously frustrated and i have to say im not enjoying my exsperience here in any way at the moment.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I also checked and there was contact.
    BUT, after seeing blacko lag, and myself dsc'ing in race 2, it could have been lag on my end which would explain why you saw no contact.
    I am not protesting, as I feel as though I should've been able to hold it.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Race 1
    Pole @natmanscoop
    FL natman
    [​IMG]
    dsc natman

Race 2
    Adro: 41.474 | 20:26.555
    Knuck: 41.186 | 20:26.863
    Benny: 41.251 | 20:28.326
    Luck: 41.438 | 20:33.784
    BMX: 41.481 | 20:36.893
    Nige: 41.334 | 20:39.367
    Blacko: 41.318 | 21:18.385
    Nat: 41.104 | 21:36.003
    hat dsc
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Sorry i dissagree i looked at several angles from several cars including your rear and my front.
    We had no contact and i dont see any lag.
    But alls good bud.lets hope things are better next round.
    But i will protest against Adro.
    Cheers
    Hatfield likes this.