Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

First. Congrats @Nigel Burley . 4 diff winners in 4 races.
    Second. Thats the second time in a row the weather round has screwed me. Disappointed my lead just vanished in one go.:(
    Adronaught and nigegunz like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

It was an interesting contrast this weekend, had a mixed weather race at China in F1 2016 yesterday (part of my 3rd season in career mode), and now this tonight.

In F1 the car behaves exactly as you would expect it to as the track increases and decreases in wetness, including the difference between the racing line and off.
  3. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Quali'd 4th...hooray he says...hung in there till I was just getting in peoples way...my wheel became unattached at the front when I was duelling with @LITTLEBLACKO942, running wide Pouhon (is it?), I gave it a shove back into position, and steadied my driving style but got too keen into the chicane (sorry @Hatfield and others...), exit stage left and parked it into the tyre barrier...I banked on the race becoming wetter, pitted for inters, and crossed my fingers...ouch! Was good for a few laps, but with the drying track I weighed up stopping for RS over 'hanging in there'...choosing the latter, much to my chagrin...managed to do no more than hold @Knuckles up till 'the penny dropped' and I slipped off the line out of T16 I think, to let him pass...
    Fought with @its-benny-racer towards the end (redressed post T 13, he was travelling very slowly halfway towards it...and it was like slow motion, but by the time I'd got there it was enough to graze him into the run off area, and with nothing to really lose I waited...and waited, lol, to redress in-race, rather than have it go to the judiciary). My tyres shot, despite cooling them, I had nothing left but to bring it home.
    I lament that these rain rounds continue to be my 'nemesis', but well done, and good strategy to the podium: Nige, Hat, and Luck...well driven fellas...well played!
    All I can do is bin this one perhaps and practice like a champion for the next round...and 'adro-proof' my wheel...it's a work in progress, lol!
    Well done all...
    adro out...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    B-Spec Bob and nigegunz like this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

dropped round has you lookn good knux
    Adronaught likes this.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Not when im more then likely missing last round. And away all week for the second last. Still be giving it all thou.
    Watching some of the replays where guys went off was a bit sus. @its-benny-racer , @Luckgoesmyway. Not being able to race side by side at 0% is retarded @bmx_mtb_boy i was basically stationary when the D1 was happening and just sat there going in circles.
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

first flyer in qually had me p1 on a solid lap but i knew it would be beaten, caught traffic on my 2nd flyer so backed off & had one of those slow is fast laps that knocked knux off the top spot
    great start, nailed it into t1 & away we go. natman was with me for a couple of laps, then i had a few seconds in hand to consider the weather options.. one more lap to make sure it is actually going to be wet & then the % started to go down...
    i needed the pressure of brands last week to find a really solid race pace & that was the last lesson i needed before my first gt6 win..... at spa!
    REVO_Bryan, JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  7. its-benny-racer

A bit sus is one way to put it, put a fraction of a wheel wrong and I would go from having good grip to being a passenger, happened at least 3 times resulting in me ending in the wall miles off the track.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i vote not to postpone
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I concur.
  12. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Im good for next week.
    Sadly had a family issue not long into the race had to jump away.
    Happy wife happy life.grrr.
    Difficult conditions to say the least.
    Had a good tussle with a few people.
    Look forward to monza.one of my favourite tracks.
    Adronaught and Hatfield like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 5 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course (Enduro)
    12th March - 64 laps

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. The big ones here will be the exit of 7 & 12. If you slip over the edge at the exit of 7, the yellow paint is slippery. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is straight forward, however the exit is a long lane on the right of the main straight. Drivers need to keep 2 wheels inside the exit lines FAILURE TO KEEP 2 WHEELS INSIDE THE EXIT LINES WILL BE A PENALTY.
    Please be aware of fast approaching cars into T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those around you. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 & edited accordingly
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Sorry guys had to call it quits only 11 laps into the race tonight. Lack of concentration caused by a lack of sleep meant I was tired before the race even started. Apologies to @Nigel Burley too. Brain fade at the 1st corner which lead to me punting him off and a few offs was a sign I was too tired.
  15. natmanscoop

Should've been a better round but
    *Hicuup*
    No practice and.*Hicuup",
    Got the
    *Hicuup*
    Hicuups..

Fk.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. natmanscoop

Don't know why I didn't park it, not sure what I was trying to achieve but certainly can't defend that shambles of an effort last night.
    I'll work out later this week if I'm sitting out the remainder of the season, unless that decision is made for me.

Sorry.
    Razorpod50 and emmo46 like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ignoring all the blue flag shenanigans, my report:

After pitting in qually I got a good lap in and lined up 4th.
    A decent start put me in the thick of it for T1 and the first few laps were a little scrappy at times which allowed @Knuckles & @its-benny-racer to run away a bit.
    With the huge draft available on the main straight, it was difficult to get away from anyone but I tried to just keep my cool for the 2 stop to work.

As the 3-stoppers pitted I made it to lap 21 and pitted behind benny (tyres on 3 dropped to 2 in pitlane)
    Came out and just kept going around trying to make those tyres last for the 22 laps I needed of them.
    At some point benny pitted much earlier than expected changing his strategy to a 3 stopper.
    I came in on lap 43 with a sliver of fuel left and came out for the final stint.

At the end knuckles was easily in front and benny was catching behind, but I couldn't hold him off as my pace wasn't there compared to the field.

I was lucky that the 2 stop allowed me to grab the final step of the podium
    emmo46 and Knuckles like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

After discussing the 2 stop and 3 stop strategies with @apex2691 earlier it all came down to where i was going to be on track. Basically racing to a lap time. Getting a gap on benny of 1.5 to 2 seconds was enough to ditch the tow. When he ran wide at turn one and pushed it to 5 seconds thats all i needed to cement a decision to a 3 stopper. Worked well but aided by clean air. Good race. Congrats everyone for sticking out the 64 laps. Felt alot longer.
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

I started off with a 2 stopper in mind, went the 21 laps before the 1st pit stop, but I miscalculated fuel so didn't have enough for a full stint.

I decided then that I would change to a 3 stopper, knowing that I had no chance to be in the race with @@Knuckles it was clear that @@Hatfield would be who I was battling with.

So I intentionally gave myself a short final stint as I knew if I could catch him I would be on much better tyres. This turned out to be the case despite losing about 2 seconds on lap 57 due to a backmarker. This car actually isn't so bad with low fuel and reasonably fresh tyres.