Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you may be right. we will see in due course
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Both are valid arguments.....i remember that this came up back in the GT5 days....

The pros of running damage on means that drivers cant rail ride to gain advantage.....i forget what track this was discussed with back when i was racing that league. It also means that 'in theory' drivers will be a little more careful on lap 1 so they dont take anyone out.....

The cons are that if you have someone early in the race who has a lag issue or make a mistake, that could directly effect someone else on the grid.

Like all the game issues, its a case of trying to work out which is the lesser evil.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Damage only really works if you can ensure lag free racing. If not all you do is disadvantage innocent parties.

Penalties on/off causes ghosted cars and people overtaking by driving through ghosted cars, as well as being unghosting at unfortunate times.
    It also puts you at GT's whim of what a track limit is or isn't so you'd have to abolish regular track limits otherwise there would still be work policing places the game doesn't enforce track limits, which somewhat defeats the purpose.

We have a group of intelligent individuals who can distinguish right from wrong, nanny-ing them with in race penalties gives the same result of over-penalising post race, it makes racing intimidating and un-enjoyable which causes mass dissatisfaction. I like the balance achieved whereby racing incidents are deemed as such, and not all contact is avoidable and everyone gets penalised for every minor scrape.
    If the steward workload is such an issue that we'd have the game do it for us, I'd rather volunteer as a steward than see in race penalties in play. I trust us as experienced racers to determine fault and intent with all the replay angles better than the game can.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Our F1 2016 league has been an interesting experiment when it comes to this topic, drivers had no choice but to start being more cautions around other traffic because if they didn't there was a good chance of getting front wing damage that would quickly put them out of contention. We still get the occasional incident, but for the most part the racing has been very clean.

Fortunately it doesn't suffer the same lag punt issues as GT6.

But it also showed that to begin with drivers were very used to taking risks in other games because they could get away with it, and I have to say that my own racecraft has improved as a result.
    Apex_64 and stucar17 like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cant say i dont disagree with this point of view.....the good old GT6 lag issues would be an issue though.

I remember doing a GT6 bathurst race with jono, and his car teleported half way round the track to hit me !
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @Beau_Albert might disagree...
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. its-benny-racer

By the same I mean, it doesn't happen very often, I don't recall any reported incidences in the last 7+ races. I suspect the PS3 vs PS4 would be a large part of that, PS4 being a vastly superior platform in general (and probably has 100 times the PSN server resources)
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Lol it was a joke referring to the spectacular lag-splosion at Red Bull Ring with Zharvs.
    GT6 and the PS3 are notorious for lag but it appears reduced on PS4 titles such as pCARS and notably the F12016 season you guys hosted.
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah lol that was funny. He was running on wifi and turned his fans on lol. Interrupted the wifi signal id assume.
    StigsTC likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

So he, very briefly, had more fans that the rest of us?
    emmo46, Zachery and StigsTC like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    BOOM BOOM!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a very quick reply to my above post....been an interesting few days, with quite a few replies and PMs with a range of views expressed. I am sure you are all sick of hearing from me, but in light of a few discussions i have had after posting i wanted to make a couple of very quick comments.

1. As stated originally, my post WAS NOT directed at anyone in particular. I have had 3 members think it was directed at them, and can i again say that it was a 'general' comment to all drivers.
    2. My post WAS NOT intended to offend or upset anyone. If it did, i apologise.
    3. While i stand by my comments, in hindsight, i could have perhaps have worded a little differently to make my point, which was, that the time of the stewards group is voluntary, and they were (over the opening 5 rounds) seeming to be dealing with quite a few protests that perhaps didn't need to be made.
    4. I will say again, that everyone has the right to protest an incident that they feel has affected the race result.
    5. As a mod, i personally don't want to see anyone leave our community. If you have a concern, question or want to discuss something PLEASE send me, or someone on the mod team, a PM so we can discuss in a rational way to come to a solution.

The stewards group for this season has been an interesting exercise, and it has reinforced to me that regardless of the decision made from them, or ultimately, from the appeals group, there is generally 1 person not happy !
    All i can ask is that drivers respect their decision (even if you dont agree with it). The difficulty of judging some of the incidents has been evidenced by the difference of opinion even in the stewards group ! It's Not an easy job.

We are a large group of people now, different ages, abilities and personalities.
    I think sometimes that gets a little lost with the red mist of race nights.

Again, we want ALL members to have a great experience here, if you feel the need to discuss something please don't hesitate to PM me so we can sort things out for the betterment of everyone. We may not agree, but at least we can have the conversation.

Stu
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Knuckles likes this.
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'm sitting the rest of the season out Gents, sorry to deprive you of another competitor but it's the right thing to do.
    I haven't exactly covered myself in glory this season, so not such a big loss.

I'll be back somewhere, sometime, somehow. I refuse to let my day last week crawling around the roof space, suffocating in dust to run CAT-6 be in vain.

Hope Y'all enjoy the rest of the season and good luck.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    see you next season I hope!
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    On a side note, anyone running the new PS4 slim or pro? Would be interesting to see how well the WiFi works on those consoles since it is now 5ghz 802.11ac (Not shared with things like bluetooth, cordless phones and microwaves) and is capable of running at least Gigabit speeds if your ISP supports that speed.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

To anyone that is out there.
    Pit service on season cars.
    Obviously the oil change does something but what EXACTLY does the body rigidity do.
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you've never had a (f)rigid girlfriend/boyfriend knux??

i raised this issue in the RZR team convo & no-one went near it....i was curious about everyone's preference after first jumping in at spa with rigidity on a 100% wet track & I sucked so badly..... i figured everyone had just worked it out & was going to let me do the same

remember the setups @apex2691 gave us for the ford v8 series..... thats what with rigidity feels like to me (aggressive setup) v no rigidity (smooth setup)

alternatively, you get gussets in your racing suit so you can stick your elbows out a little easier when you need to (no rigidity)
    or
    they weld your upper crutch together so you can heel & toe just that little bit easier
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I havnt run it on any season car. Albeit that's only 3. Because of the weather rounds. Does it effect tyre wear?
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i think tyre wear is better without it. i was running with rigidity on Wed night & have now switched back & found a few more tenths to get closer to your 46.8 laptime
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Found it quick early on. But tyres were 2s before lap 28
    Apex_64 likes this.