DIVISION 2 - OLD (Season 3)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Darko, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    looks like you held your own too mick , fastest lap time was in the top 15
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good run Sunday lads. Well done to Chev, Corzza, and Darko for the podiums. Was happy to get a good lap in the qual, but I was mucking around with the brake bias with controller in one hand (the 3 sec's at the start wasn't enough as I accidently adjusted my TCS and ABS not F and R brake - must look closer next time), and trying to dodge cars one handed with the wheel at the start saw me drive straight off into the sand on corner 1. Race was over at that point, but I drove it like a rental for 5 or 6 laps....well, until the front wheels were toast. After that I was a mobile chicane. Only had about a third of the front tyres left by the end.

Apologies also for my sloppy use of concrete during the race. I really tried to keep two wheels on the tarmac at all times, but after blowing the start and with the fronts turning to butter, I did get loose on the 2nd last corner...quite a bit apparently. Well, it was better than the sand or grass that I had already visited during the race. Happy for some sort of penalty as I have upset at least one person. How about I the start next race from the back of the grid...OK, good, sold. Hopefully no hard feelings, and I will work very hard on keeping at least 2 boots on the black from here on in.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Just realised I was mixing it up with a few of last seasons division champs. Except Div 1 & 2 of course! How much more pressure do I need to have. :cool:
  5. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Just wondering if anyone practices during the week, because I would love to practice with people from our divi. So If anyone from this divi has practice lounges, let me know
    Cheers, corzza7
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I generally have a lounge open most evenings, will be doing SuperGT tonight though. Had a room open last night, got about 8 in there. Had a practice race, going to hard making passes as it's so tight around Eiger. Nasty shortcut penalty around turn 2 to watch out for as well.

If you see me on, jump in my lounge - if I'm doing random stuff I can switch to TVR practice.

:)
  7. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Wouldn't know, got taken out at the start, head first into the pit wall, lost to much ground got pissed of so i left.
  8. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    will need to be vigilante on this track. Not sure the reverse grid was best suited for eiger but we will see. I'd strongly suggest penalties be enforced for reckless driving here
  9. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Yeah thats a good point, it's sooo tight it's really hard to pass, so people will be bumping alot, even if it is on accident. Could be a very messy reverse grid race, but it will be close to see who wins the round!
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Im really worried about the carnage involved in going over the jump as a group at the start. A tiny bump will send people all over the place.

On the subject of winning the round, how will points be awarded for ties? The way I understand it, points are given for each race and tallied to determine overall ranking and points allocation. For example: in race 1 - driver A - 1st (20pts) and driver B - 3rd (10pts). Then they reverse order in the second race, both tallying 30 points, tying for the round win on 30. I think the best way to do it would be give them both 17 points (1st (20) + 2nd (14) divided by 2). The same would go further down the field. Just add up the points for the places they share and give them equally. Im pretty sure how this is what they do for prize money in golf.

The other option is to say that whoever places higher in one race or the other gets the overall, or whoever qualifies higher?
  11. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    wish we could do a rolling start here, I think it needs to be enforced that's there 2 races so no need to go bananas on the first race
  12. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Yeah, what I'm concerned about is that If the penaltys are on, and because it's such a tight track that people might get penolised from small incidents, because of limited passing opportunities. So qualifying is gonna be key in the first race
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Don't forget this equally applies to the reverse grid format on the second race - I posted this up in the Div 1 thread:

14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I think we could have a different point system for the 2 races? A single point between places, for example 14 drivers 1st gets 14, 2nd 13 right down to 14th getting 1 point. Then you calculate the winner of the round by their cumulative results and award the normal points system for the field. This would ensure those that finnished just out side the normal points system 11th get regognised as finnishing better than 14th. Just a thought not sure how they do it in the v8 supercars. in finnal results, for a tie, they usually go on the results of the second race but if we are doing reverse grid we should do the reverse and go on the results of the first race.
  15. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey d dont forget to update the race times thread.
    trusty if div 3 is wrong let me know and ill update it for you mate
  16. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Barra point scoring is outlined here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=249#p3484">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=249#p3484</a><!-- l -->

I did think about splitting points, but then you have to deal with fractions of a point. So it's ranked by aggregate point score, then highest finishing positions, then fastest lap (over both races) so your example would be decided by fastest lap.
    If still tied, then we can split the points.
  17. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Ahh, thank OA, I obviously didnt read that in full [​IMG]. Thanks for the clarification and all the hard work you put in to get this together.
  18. Hermanvongerman

Hermanvongerman New Recruit

Man I have got to practice more in this TVR, so far it's not going too well for me in this ride, prob just my driving style, to much gas and braking to hard etc, need to be smooth, tonight is practice night for me if anyone wants to join hit up my psn with FR request
  19. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Anyone else having problems signing into PSN tonight?
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Been having problems signing into PSN since yesterday arvo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.