DIVISION 2 - OLD (Season 3)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Darko, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Mmmmmm, well hopefully i can join for tonights race
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    On now but for how long.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Room is open now boys.

Voice chat disabled, false start is on... Don't forget to use your brakes at the start.

:)
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

What a horrible experience that was. Got dc'd in qualy. came back but wasnt given enough time to put in a hot lap, then the ram fest started. Most of them were fairly innocent, but some were intentional dive bombs from behind into corners, and they completely destroyed the second race for me. Of course some bumps are expected on a narrow track like this, but when u see someone dive into the back of you from 30 metres behind, you know someone is being an ass. Those who were involved please clean up your act as i joined this league to have a race, not a dodgem car session. Other than that, congrats to Corzza and Seido for some excellent racing.
  5. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, an interesting night. Can't say I'm in favour of the reverse grid on that track, just too tight.
    Here's the results for race 1 (I'll get race 2 up shortly).

Pos. Name..........Race 1
    1 Corzza7..........1.13.673
    2 Stumbles01......1.13.450
    3 F1R3W1ND.......1.14.066
    4 barra333.........1.13.697
    5 Seido463.........1.14.353
    6 jontank5.........1.14.118
    7 Chevwah.........1.14.287
    8 Anon666.........1.14.145
    9 Bonus_888.......1.14.803
    10 M1k1_D..........1.13.910
    11 Dutch.............1.15.467
    12 Neishy............DNF
    13 Jack331..........DNF
    14 xxDarkoXX.......DNF
    15 Overdrivve......DNS

Pos. Name........Race 2
    1 Seido463........1.13.644
    2 Neishy...........1.13.944
    3 Corzza7..........1.13.514
    4 jontank5.........1.13.480
    5 barra333.........1.13.948
    6 M1k1_D..........1.14.177
    7 Chevwah.........1.14.119
    8 F1R3W1ND.......1.14.495
    9 Bonus_888.......1.14.695
    10 Stumbles01......1.14.042
    11 Overdrivve.......1.14.699
    12 Anon666..........1.13.985
    13 Dutch.............1.14.974
    14 Jack331............DNS
    15 xxDarkoXX ........DNS

Combined points for both races...

1 - Corzza7........30
    2 - Seido463.......26
    3 - Stumbles01....15 (*Fastest lap)
    4 - barra333.......14
    5 - Neishy..........14
    6 - F1R3W1ND.....13
    7 - jontank5.......13
    8 - Chevwah.......8
    9 - M1k1_D........6
    10 - Bonus_888.....4
    11 - Anon666.......3
    12 - Dutch..........0
    13 - Overdrivve....0
    14 - xxDarkoXX ....0
    15 - Jack331.......0
  6. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Barring a few incidents I think the reverse race actually went fairly well.
  7. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

that was horrible. but u cant get 14 cars through those s's without some bumping.
    sorry chevwah for putting u in the sand on the long right hander before the tunnel on lap 7 :oops: . i pushed to hard under brakes.i did stop tho and let u go in front so i didnt take advantage.
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I added in the combined points for both races in the post above.

I looked at the wiki to update the leaderboard, but I've got no idea how to do it. (Pies, Outta, might need to jump in a chat online one day and get one of you to talk me through it??).

9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Agree with most on this race, it was the worst series racing i have ever been involved in. Some bumping was expected due to mistakes but some were bumping and passing on every corner, this is not offline racing you can't use your opponents car like you use the AI cars to help you make the corner when you dive in late. I hope all saved the replay to have a look at their own efforts, that race 2 first corner people were just driving through each other, just cos you can doesn't mean you should. I think the stewards should have a look at the race and stamp this stuff out. A mad rush at the start to gain position any way you can then settle into the race is not fair or fun for those put out by it, we are real people in those other cars not AI.
    Any way I hope it was just that track and glitches causing the shambles and hope we never see that again.
    Fir3wind i did see you incident and correction, you got me a bit later on 2 but all accidental from what i could see in the replay. I don't know why you drove into me corzza in race 2 thought it was unintentional during the race but in the replay it looked like turned deliberately hope not m8.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I will get the Wiki done some time this morning.

Anyway, here is the brief history of my evening - laid down a time of 1.13.5 to claim pole, go a decent start, but Corzza got through in turn one. We went side by side from there until the end of the esses, where I got on the accelerator too early and got into a tank slapper, losing a couple of spots. Settled back in behind firewind, and got a good run out of the last corner to make a pass into turn one, but got the braking wrong on still cold tyres, making the move look like a massive divebomb. Firewind got the spot back on me running wide. The rest of my race consisted of staying as close as I could and waiting for him to run wide somewhere. Didnt happen. I lost a bit of ground at one point avoiding contact into the last corner, so I could only bring it home in 4th. Bad luck to the guys who angered the internet gods and got disconnected.

On to reverse grid, which as I said post race, is a great idea, but not at Eiger. Got a decent start, and managed to make up a few spots in the carnage of the first few corners. Managed to get into a 4 or 5 way battle for 3rd which was quite entertaining. A little disappointed in how many times I got rear-ended or bumped out of the way into turn one though. To show how tight it was, my best lap in race two came on lap 11. Congratulations to Overdrivve, who got his connection to last long enough to run race 2.
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cheers Barra!!

My first race was a bit uneventful. I made good use of your mistake Barra, and slotted into 2nd, (after M1k1_D caught the rail on the bridge and turned himself around). Fastest lap in race 1 for me was lap 9 (no slipstreaming either...lol).

Race 2... As you said, reverse grids are awesome... but not on this track. I started at the back and took it easy through the first few corners and stayed at the back. I was hoping to make up more places through people getting things awfully wrong and spinning... It didn't happen. After getting up to about 8th, I caught the tiny fence post on the right as you go up the hill, pushed me out into the middle of the track and Chev nudged me while trying to avoid it. That sent me into the wall and back to last place again. Slowly clawed my way back to 10th and put down my fastest lap on the 12th lap...lol

I enjoyed the night, bloody hard work fighting those cars around there with 13 or 14 people on-track at the same time.

12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Wiki updated, let me know if there are any errors. I had to suck it up and award Neishy 4th place and myself 5th, on the back of his better finishing position in one of the races (2nd vs 4th).

Also, who was on pole in round 1? I will add that too.
  13. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

I don't even recall bumping into you at all bonus888, if I knew I bumped you and gained advantage I defiantly would of let you back past me. But I don't think I got into the back if anyone race 2. It's just rediculous trying to pass on a track like that when I was quicker and people were braking very early half the time.
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Pole Position in Race 1 was Corzza.

Wiki looks ok to me, Thanks Barra.

15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Fixed.
  16. Hermanvongerman

Hermanvongerman New Recruit

Had good races apart from 2nd lap race 1, that went really poorly for me before the bridge, had some excellent battles with Seido and corzza, just hope next time I get an opportunity that I don't make silly mistakes like I did in race 2..... gained second was gaining on Seido for a repeat of our battle from race one, then got some wheelspin on the last turn, drifted, and by the time I sorted it, got passed by the other boys... just shows how much you can lose in this series from tiny mistakes.......

lesson learnt...... I am actually looking forward to next race in these cars now, god I hated them before tonights race...
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No it wasn't in the back of me it was into the side coming down the fast kink before the last turn. it really looks like it could have been a glitch cos your car turned all of a sudden into me side rear, didn't do any harm just looked bad, be interesting to see if it looks different in someone elses replay as it sometimes does. I think jontanks connection was out of wack on my replay too, he seemed to hit a lot of people on a lot of corners in my replay.
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I still maintain that it wasn't the tight track that ruined it, sure a few people drove through each other at the start but everybody got through that part okay, the problem was a certain few cars thought they were so fast they could drive through people under brakes. I watched that replay for about 2 hrs last night, and chev who dived into you from 30m back on purpose? the only one that did that was firewind and he waited for you and so was clearly an accident.
  19. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Im gunna have to go home tonight and have a look at my replay to clear my conscience. I really hope I didnt do any of this.
  20. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Barra you were quite clean
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.