Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah no worries.
  2. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Hey guys ill have to give tonight a miss unfortunately. Sam can take my spot if needed. Cheers
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We will need a few to confirm they cant start as this week we have 29 grid spots with all taken atm. Its quite likely some will cancel and if thats the case if they inform us before 8pm we can add reserves in for this round.

The next 3 rounds after this most likely we will have at least 32 grid spots for these rounds so there will be room for 2 more new entries for these. Last round at Bathurst has even more slots so anyone that wants a run there should easily get in.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  4. Andrew Malcolm

Andrew Malcolm New Recruit

Not sure who you're referring to there anon ... :whistling: :)
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    tezpez85 likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the heads up @Cherno is next on the reserve list and @Sam D Blacklock can be next in if he or anyone else cant make tonight. Sam I have your GUID to enter into the field but can you let me know which car you want to run if you get in?

Also best to make sure you have the track, car and skinpack installed from the 1st post. For the car you will need v8Corsa 2018 and the v1.1 patch. The track link is in the season thread and I will make sure your on the MR whitelist so you can get into the sprint practice server.

The locked entry you wont be able to get into until you are confirmed a start but its quite likely another will pull out between now and 8PM.
  6. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I'll be MIA with Work unfortunately :cry:
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As @DarrenO cant make this week @Sam D Blacklock is in I just need to know what car he wants before 8PM est to add him to the server, will default him in a Ford for now which he will need to stay in if no car choice is made.

Edit: I've Added Sam to the list on the locked entry server in the Ford, he should be able to get into both servers now.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  8. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

I guess hes on our team. ;)
  9. squid

squid Rookie

how does the pit window work if you're planning more than one stop?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Pit window means you must make a stop inside that, you are allowed more stops on any other lap as long as you make one inside the window you will be ok. Also for this round as with all rounds with a stop you must run both compounds at some point in the race.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Rolz, Sam D Blacklock and krunch like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Next round will be a Normal round at Nurburgring GP followed by a sprint Round At Brands Hatch Indy. These are official tracks and we will use the OSRW mod versions for extra grid spots. This should give us at least 32 grid spots so everyone entered should be able to get in.

The practice servers will be setup with the sprint using the regular official track and the Locked entry using the OSRW mod versions. Race distance for next round not yet determined but it will be a compulsory stop race of I think 40-50 minutes.

Nürburgring actually has 36 grid spots, Brands has 32 with the OSRW mods.
    Rolz likes this.
  13. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Lucky I bought the DLC's with these tracks in them
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think Nürburgring was a standard track we aren't racing Nordschleife, Brands hatch was in a Dreampack 3 DLC.

My Race summary: Qualy, first round with no real traffic issues but I just couldn't quite get the pace out of the car Shaun did.

Race: Grid 2 was ok and hoped to maybe get the jump, was an ok start and Shaun and I were side by side through 1 and 2 then I saw a flying car zoom past. Lucky it was just ahead.

I opted for a 2 stop as Shaun had solid pace and I figured on a clean run it will be pretty close net race time with a significant tyre advantage at the end. Race didn't really go to plan as Shaun got ahead early and had solid pace so it was hard work just hanging on. Towards the end of my first stint I was gaining a little pace on him but also saw I was going to get put behind a few other cars had I pitted as planned lap 13. Went to 15 I think as pace was still ok just behind Shaun.

Taking a bit less fuel on the stop I expected some gain but it took a while to get temps up on the mediums with Shaun mostly matching my pace at this point. After about 4 laps I was slowly gaining a little and he stopped lap 20 I think. Came out just ahead of me from pit lane but with his cold tyres I was able to make a fairly easy pass which is not normal against him lol.

From there knowing he was on a 1 stop I tried to push and get some sort of gap while also trying to clear the guys behind for my next stop. I made a small gap but had a brain fart and spin at t2 losing about 10 seconds. At that point my race was mostly done knowing I was behind and still needing a stop.

I stopped again with 11 to go adding the last bit of fuel and SS tyres, needed to make up 3 seconds per lap but I projected about 2 seconds in this stint so was not likely. However I had someone spin ahead of me on t2 parked mid track with nowhere to go and hit them head on. Red front and nearly 1 sec per lap down on my worn softs pace.

Managed second but got no benefits from the extra stop which could have got a fastest lap bonus at least. Think that gives Shaun the season lead so 3 rounds to go makes it a bit tougher then after round 2 with 2 wins.
    krunch, jlynn777 and Shaun_A like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@ed40t seemed like fairly small contact at the start but you went flying, I just stuck around the outside but looked like you cut across and touched my front left. Of course I don't have the start in the replay so cant check what happened, if anyone has it would love to see it... Sorry if it was me doing something weird though, was really expecting you to just cover the inside for the next corner.

Made an absolute mess of my strategy in the race, must have changed my mind about 10 times about 1 stop or two, decided to hold track position and go with one and just before the pit I realized I didn't save the pit stop config for it and so started with much less fuel then I needed to try to make that work, then for some stupid reason I decided to adjust how much fuel to add while driving instead of just going back to my original two stop idea. Lost a bunch of time trying to adjust pit stop settings and driving, a HEAP of time taking on WAY more fuel then I really needed and came out just behind a bunch of cars battling that I couldn't get past. Things went from bad to worse when I had a long overdue encounter with a wall with 2 or 3 laps to go, tires were gone and so was the front bar... tried my best to hold @jlynn777 off but he was too fast with what seemed like much better grip.

Was good fun hunting down @Rolz and a few others at the start though :)

This round was very much a lesson for me, make sure you are 100% set on your strategy BEFORE the race. Trying to work out numbers in my head about how much fuel to add then fumbling with switches on the wheel I cant see (VR) and not bin it is going to end badly...
    Rolz, marty and jlynn777 like this.
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I had a bit of a shocker too, was a fun race for me though and happy to finish where I did.
    It was nice to get you back for last week ;)
    Great race from @Rolz and @krunch (go turtles! :D)

I watched my saved replay...I'm no steward but IMO you were so close to each other and both turned towards each other ever so slightly at nearly the same time. You were maybe trying to get away from the edge and Ed maybe thought he cleared you or wanted to hang you out on the outside for T2....racing incident in my eyes.
    @Rolz was very lucky haha
    krunch likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is the incident between @Godzilla and @ed40t In my view it looks like Godzilla got just a touch loose on exit giving ed a minor tap but it sent him across Godzillas car then into the grass.

He probably tried to catch it but all locked up there he really had no hope of making the next corner. It was very lucky he didn't come into the field but possibly Ed may have got off brake or even on throttle to try avoid a big collision which seemed more likely at this point then him just going off on his own. He saved a few guys race but unfortunately ended his own which is a real shame especially at the very start of a long race.
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s a weird looking twitch looking top down, didn’t think I had any steering movement there. And in the in car replay you can see no steering movement either
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

woah, I didn't realise it was that close for me! Was right on the break point so you aren't looking in the rear-view...

Well super stoked with the result! Anything top 5 here is always a very successful night in my books :D
    Q1 - Glad to get a good time in with so many cars on the track... trick seems to get out on course early wait for that first lap and smash one down... thankfully I was behind Marty for it so I got about 5 hot laps in to be able a few bites of the pie and that helped, though with grip still in the 98's it was proving a challenge.
    R1 - I was always going to struggle first few laps with almost 100l of fuel and the Softs on :eek: And yeah Godzilla was all over my arse... trying to defend, go fast and be fat and heavy wasn't going to be easy when Godz was on SS... I think JayJay was also on SS and made a mistake on T2 around lap4 that let me past... Eventually I made enough gap that Godz got through and started to head off into the sunset... was great close racing! :thumbsup:
    Now it was just stick to the race plan... race driving and solo lap testing certainly is different on tires but by the time lap 32 came the softs were really on their way out... after the pits I came out about 2 secs in front of JayJay - I was watching to see where Godz would be but he was a lot further back than I expected... that first lap on the colds with JayJay really gaining was intense... but fortunately kept it together then the tires got up to temp and I put some good laps down...
    They were never going to be good enough to catch Shaun or Marty, but was able to cement a podium :D

Well done to Shaun and Marty! Massive kudos to Shaun, over 99% consistency too!
    Bad luck to Ed, Jason, Doublevision and Anon for the incidents that cut ur night short.
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  20. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Q - really surprised I managed to get a 29.7. My fastest lap before that was half a second slower so I just happened to get a good lap in luckily. It was good enough for 4th which was awesome.

R - got a good start and was side by side with Rolz for the first 2-3 corners but I had the inside line and got through eventually. After a few laps I missed my braking marker around turn 2 and went wide, I tried easing the accelerator to get back on the track but then I spun :(. That took me back down to 8th place, after that I put my head down and tried as hard as I could to get back up. After quite a bit of laps I managed to catch up to Carlos but I got sideways and lost around 3 seconds on him. After that I couldn't catch him again so I decided to try and undercut him. After doing some quick math I changed my fuel and went in. After the stop I ended up behind anon and another person and was in a fun battle but eventually I got around them after they made a few mistakes and put my foot down again. After the others pit I ended up just behind Rolz in 4th(undercut worked better then expected) which ment I gained 2 positions. I wanted to battle Rolz but I looked at my fuel and was thinking I wasn't going to make it so I decided to fuel save and leave Rolz. I was trying to decide if I was going to continue to fuel save after looking in my rear and seeing krunch and Carlos chasing me down. I decided to go a bit harder and hope I had enough fuel. I managed to stay 4th but if there was another lap I would of ran out of fuel.

Great racing everyone
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    spita84, tezpez85, krunch and 2 others like this.