Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Any chance of a replay of first couple laps? I got turned, but not sure if I moved in the braking zone or if it was a straight punt.

edit: computer didn't get full replay is why I'm asking
  2. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I am uploading my replay however as it is over 266MB in size and I have a crappy upload speed it will be awhile.
    If someone else gets a copy up before me let me know and I will stop mine, otherwise I will share the link when it is done.
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

That was a brilliant race for me! 5th in this field is a bloody win!

I basically had an epic battle with @c4rLo5 for the entire race. With one eye permanently on the mirror and the other one looking ahead for every lap I must have looked like Marty Feldman when I took my Rift off...

[​IMG]

I qualified 8th - 1 spot behind Carlos, but with a good start I had a clear inside line for T1. I was right behind the Ed and Godzilla incident and immediately thought we're all going to get taken out "Independence Day" style...

[​IMG]

Buuuut it didn't happen as Ed somehow found a keyhole to squeeze his out-of-control supercar through, and exited stage left!

I exited T2 just behind Godzilla and in front of Carlos. That proved to be the key move as Carlos had to put up with the sight of my rear end for rest of the race!! . He definitely had a touch more pace at times but I had the elbows out and just covered enough when I needed to. I had the pace coming onto the straight and he couldn't stay with me until T2 when he'd be on my bumper again. I was better on corner exit power down. He was better mid corner and braking. Fortunately at this track that was the right way around when in front.​

When Carlos peeled off into the pits on lap 30 I thought "oh-oh" he's going to undercut me. I seriously considered pitting next lap but that was 1 lap earlier than I wanted, so I gambled on staying out 1 more lap. It luckily paid off as he was held up that lap by Anon and I came out literally into their path into T2 :). I hit the brakes as late as I dared but on cold SS tyres I had her sliding like an elephant on ice (and possibly on Ice)!

[​IMG]

Somehow I managed to keep both Carlos and Anon behind me (thanks guys for not punting me). The rest of the lap was scary as sh:poop:t as I had no grip until the final corner and even that was sketchy!. After that Carlos pretty much blow-torched my rear end for the rest of the race.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

He had plenty of opportunities to bump and run but never did. 100% clean - no paint swapped :). That's the way to battle!

Grats to Shawn, Marty and teamy Rolz for the podium.
    Bad luck to those who had... um... bad luck.
    (oh my god that potato bum is freaky!)
    Anon666, Peter Wise, c4rLo5 and 5 others like this.
  4. krunch

tezpez85 and c4rLo5 like this.
  5. krunch

I uploaded and linked mine so feel free to stop yours if you need to.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Epic write up Krunch :roflmao::thumbsup:
    c4rLo5 and krunch like this.
  7. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Hey guys,
    Is this where i sign up to race? :unsure:
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes, let us know which car you want to race. Also add your steam GUID to this thread if you haven't done so already. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...username-guid-join-the-rooz-steam-group.1370/

Read the first post to get all the downloads for the mod, tracks including OSRW mods to official tracks and the skin pack. I see you have already added your GUID so I will make sure your on the whitelist as you may not yet have a minorating to get into the sprint practice server. Once I have your car selection I will add you to the locked entry list server which is also the official entry for the next round.
  9. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

hey marty. ill mkae sure everything is up to date, i recently just downloaded the latest osrw update that should do im assuming. just the skin packs.
    As for the car ill go with Nissan. JDM ftw!!! hehe
    do i need to pick my livery as well?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For now you can pick a livery from the default skins if you like, after you complete a race then you will likely be assigned a team. If you can get into the practice server it means its all up to date and working fine, best to test this well before race night in case there is something wrong it can be sorted in time as last minute changes aren't always possible.

I will add you into the locked entry in a Nissan for now picking a random skin if you want a different skin from the pack just let me know.

Here is a link to the current entries into the race night server, anyone on this list will get a start.
  11. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

thanks Marty. everything is done only thing missing is this "ks_nurburgring/layout_gp_a_osrw”"
    EDIT IVE FOUND IT. ALL GOOD NOW.READY TO ROCK
    jlynn777 and marty like this.
  12. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Classic @krunch race report! Excellent use of illustrations :thumbsup:
    I also had to defend from @JayJAY early on, so I know how that Potato feels. :D
    Was an exciting race for me all 46 laps, and happy to finish 6th with a clean race.
    jlynn777, Rolz, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

krunch likes this.
  14. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Up there with the Nords poem haha
    c4rLo5, Godzilla, krunch and 2 others like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The Nord’s poem will forever be a timeless classic
    c4rLo5, krunch and jlynn777 like this.
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I had a pretty eventful race at Eastern Creek.
    Despite not having a great qualifying for 13th, I was really happy with my setup and thought I should be able to make up some spots.
    If you're bored, here's an un-edited replay skipping through the race.

Made a couple nice overtakes but unfortunately got caught up in a few bumps, some of which my fault.
    At 3:15 @Anon666 and I came together at the final corner...I don't think I was 100% at fault but I re-dressed anyway. Sorry for the tap I thought you'd go out wider. Also bad luck for that glitch? that made you retire :thumbsdown:
    Then at 15:15 on lap 30 I had an absolute doozy, punted @Parkour off at the hairpin. I felt a lot faster at the time and had @Godzilla breathing down my neck, who I didn't think I would be able to overtake again. At the hairpin I thought you might brake late to make sure I don't get a good run on you on the exit, so I tried to do a cross over and cut to the inside but made a meal of it. Really sorry about that, I was/am quite flat that I did something so crappy :( I re-dressed that one too.
    Considering the bumps, and the bumps with re-dressing I'm very happy to have finished 7th :) was a very fun race.

Here's another rough @ed40t 'it (edit) of the unlucky accident that occurred on the first lap, where Ed sacrificed his car to avoid taking out the leaders. This is my tribute to him.

Thank god he didn't continue as he would of finished 30+ seconds in front of me :cool:
  17. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Hey @marty, I'm getting a checksum when trying to join the sprint server, can join the locked server fine
  18. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Think that one is using the OSRW track
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In logs it shows you as entrering the sprint server then disconnecting without a missmatch, I suspect the kick is somehow related to the OSRW mods. Quite likely to do with the Models.ini in server and I recall someone saying to delete these for OSRW mods as it was causing a mismatch for anyone that didn't have the OSRW track even on the standard Kunos tracks.

I have now deleted these and if you can test to see if you have an issue, maybe you got in after you installed the OSRW track but at least if that was the issue it will let others join without needing the OSRW tracks to be installed. You obviously need the OSRW track however to join the locked entry server but hopefully its not needed for the sprint now.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nothing in it at the top :eek: Banner links for race results etc updated. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Godzilla, Shaun_A, c4rLo5 and 5 others like this.