Season 12: Division 2 (Corner Carver's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sorry Clevo, yeah, Ad2mny DSC'd and the frea... I mean S_Close got pole... Smoking lap it was too.
    Ad2mny, Clevohead and S_CLOSE like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very Short report this week. After last week running the colours of the JPS Lotus that Fittipaldi won his first F1 championship and most of his F1 wins in, this week I ran in the pink/maroon colours of the WIT racing March 83C he ran for the first three races in the '84 Indy season. It was not a highlight of his career.
    I struggled to get a good time on this track although I was consistent. I didn't switch to the pink car until qually started and it only took a couple of laps to realise it was still on sports hards. I pitted and changed to SS and went on to qualify an outstanding last.
    I held position brilliantly off the start but within a few corners started to lose contact with the group even though they were getting in each others way. I thought I must have been on the hards again and pitted at the end of lap 2 to remedy that only to find I was actually on the softs???. At the end of lap 3 I was already 50 seconds back from the leader and the group was still bunched so I was a very distant last. I thought if I pressed on somebody would fall back to play with me but it never happened. I drove the whole race without any errors and still never got near any one. I never saw another car except a glimpse or two across the other side of the track and the only interest for me was pushing as hard as I could to avoid being lapped which I just managed.
    Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    If hard's were selected in the car settings before you entered the track for qual, I'm pretty sure you started the race on hards. Even though you pitted during qual, and when you pitting in-race, it would have offered softs as the best option even if you were on hards. Check the replay, but I reckon you Fittipaldism may have undone you this time Emmo. Back luck man!!
    emmo46 and S_CLOSE like this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Very happy to get a win in a crucial moment, as Vendalism and Nugget had showed strong performances in the past few races. This keeps the championship open to be won in Spa, where we will be running on a wet track with 3 different compounds available, so strategy becomes part of the race once again.
    Got pole in the last lap of quali after battling for it with Vendal and Nugget (1'37.3XX ish..), unexpected as I was down in third and already .100 down in the first sector.
    Got a great launch off the line wth Vendal going for the inside dive which I was able to hold without any contact.
    The next 3 or 4 laps pushed very conservatively (my aim was to manage tyre degradation) which kept Vendal breathing down my neck, going for the inside line a few times while I defended. Finally, he managed to get by my side in the back straight but overbraking himself on the outside before the chicane and going into the barrier. This gave me the breathing space I needed, and although not putting in the fastest laps, they were consistently similar and helped me open a gap before pitting on lap 14.
    Second stint was all about tyre management but pushed a bit harder initially to manage the gap, which grew slightly before crossing the finish line (not a singe mistake made here, which was a refreshing change compared with Suzuka o_O).
    Well done to Nugget and Stumbles for their podium finishes and everyone else for a good race. See you all in Spa , don't forget your umbrellas :p.
    JonoStan96, emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Bad luck last night emmo, hopefully Spa will give you a good last run in the NSX :oops:.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I've always had a good connection and nothing has changed. Very disappointing. I would have only been at the best 6-7th but it would have at least been my best effort. Oh well:(:mad:
    emmo46 and S_CLOSE like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was watching your arrow creeping up on me towards the end and sweating trying to keep you out of my mirrors:), how things have changed from season 10:eek:.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Bad luck Ad2, the disconnects come as a shock after so much time with a reliable connection, it sux big time.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    To tell you the truth I am dreading Spa next week.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I checked the replay and unfortunately I was on softs. I have no excuse, I just sucked:oops:, lost 8 seconds to Closey over the first lap and was already three seconds back from the car just ahead!!! :(
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Chin up Emmo, get some more chocolates into you!!

Nuggett is a crab???
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm up to my elbows and Chockie wrappers, hey, wait a minute, maybe that's got something to do with it!!
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    You'll be alright in the Citroen next season mate, just gotta get your confidence back ;).
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I missed the Suzuka enduro report cause it took me 8hrs all up to compile what I did in the Rooz news, over 3 days, and with my drop out this round I dont have anything worth reporting except that OverDrivve and I were setting ourselves up for a bit of a battle, and I was closing up on the next battle with (I think) Stumbles and disturboed and VENDALISM and a few others but as I come off the main straight lap 3 or 4, everyone was slowing down and going off the track which seemed a little weird at first then I realised what was going to happen and that was it.

I will make up for it with the Spa report I promise.
    Clevohead likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Clevo all good mate I got the replay off Stumbles I will still do the news report, just have nothing to report for my own race m8
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cheers mate ;)
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    To clarify, the rules for Spa are:

Wet race settings: Room set to 0% weather and changeability, but 100% track coverage.

Initially it was my intention to only allow a 1 lap qual (outlap and hotlap). The aim is to start before track coverage drops below 90%, so if everyone in the room can get out on track as soon as it is reset you can do as many laps as is possible until the track coverage reaches 92%. So you should get a second hotlap in. Captain's please keep an eye on the counter, so the start happens at the right time.

Racing rain and intermediate tyres are allowed as well as sports soft in Division 2 and 3, only racing rain and sports soft tyres are allowed in Division 1. So Div 1 can use racing rain tyres for the whole race, or sports soft for the whole race, or use racing rain for 1 stint and sports soft for another stint. No mixing is permitted (eg front - racing rain, rear - sports soft). Div 2 and 3 differs only in so much as racing intermediate tyres are also allowed. So you guys can use 1, 2 or all 3 tyre types during the race. Again no mixing.

Team captains will check the replay to make sure everyone has complied. If you accidentally put on racing hards (which you will need to purchase so as you can access rain and intermediate tyres) or intermediates if you are in Div 1, then you must pit for a set of allowed tyres at the end of the next lap to avoid a penalty.

Finally, please get out and run some laps. This is a relatively short race, but the wet track and multiple tyre options mean that strategy is key. There will be off's and penalties and pit errors, so no matter how far back you are, just keep on trucking - this race won't be over till the fat lady's tonsils are quivering!!
    Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  18. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Not if I have anything to say about that!!!!
    NUGGET-22 likes this.
  20. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Haha you can say what u like. Ill just let my right foot do the talking...... boom!!!!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.