Season 12: Division 2 (Corner Carver's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    im pretty sure he ment 25% weather not track wetness, if the surface water is 100% and the weather is t 25% the track will start at 100% but with 25% rain.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll be starting at the back of the grid, not liking this at all.
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yes, that's what I meant.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'd day it's too late to make changes anyway, it would throw off any strategies already made for the race.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  5. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, too late to change. Room will be set as Anon has posted, get your waders out for qualifying boys... lol
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Don't rule out Vedalism, there are three possible champions at this point, and the track+conditions could not be more ideal for a great final season race. Good luck everyone ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    DSC'd again :mad::(
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Stupid mistakes.... Arghhhh!!!

Well done to Nugget and the other podium'ers... Disturboed and Vendalism.

Positions and fastest laps.... Nugget, way too quick..
    S_Close had pole, followed by me with my best lap of the night.
    And poor Ad2mny ds'c again, sorry mate.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    S_CLOSE, DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to Nugget, well done to Close and Ven too for a very closely fought championship.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done Nuggett. Well done Div 2!!
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Any one else DSC?
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Well done Nugget,you did well too keep your head after qually,i didn't,:mad:,lol,sorry again i'd come up behind evil with a 0.5 sec in the blue split at previous sector,but got bauked in middle of the chicane and then tried to make too much back up thru the right hander onto back straight,fishtailed on vallelunga and only just caught it,looked up & you were there so i stayed where i was to let you make decision as was room either side. I have my map on 1 so i can see people alongside,as you probably know with the nsx the engine sounds get a bit muddled when multiple cars close together,to a flaming annoying level at times!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:o_O
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nope, full crew again... Apart from Dougz, he's awol again
  14. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will work out ladders and drop rounds tomorrow night.
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Only Ad2mny in div 2,i'll try to catch up this week with both he and turbo & help them set up their routers properly & find a more stable profile for them,i've done heaps of research,that's the stuff i might do a 201 connection issues post about,what do you think,Clevo?
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  16. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate a connections FAQ/guide would be awesome, I look forward to see what you come up with ;)
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    No worries,I'll concentrate ADSL this time,people with MBB can't really do much more,except upgrade hardware regularly & perservere unfortunately, i've had friends try 4G & gone back to 3G+ cause the hardware is better,as well as bandwidth,seems as they go up in generation,they go down in width,some guys reported NAT3,which is useless unless room has fixed ownership off!
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Not the result I was hoping for, but have to say it was a pretty good season.
    Got pole on with 2 secs on top of second place and thought I could get a win here, but the consistency I had on my two full distance test races stayed home sleeping last night.
    Had a great start and before the end of the first lap, already had 1.5secs on Stumbles... And then, everything happened...
    First, Stumbles had a great dive the inside and got ahead which started a chain of errors and penalties. Had three shortcut penalties on the third turn, plus a couple of off track excursions (with a time penalty when I recovered.... Ahhhhhhhhh) which quickly dropped me down to sixth. At this point, I knew any chance of the tittle was gone because nugget found his way to first place with a brilliant strategy on intermediates, where he stayed until the end of the race.
    Well done to him, disturboed and Vendalism for the podium finish last night, and congrats to nugget on his second Div 2 tittle.
    I don't go empty handed, as I bagged the rookie's Div2 tittle in a close fight with Vendalism.
    All in all, a great and close season and already looking forward to S13 and GT6 (not so much to moving up to Div1... o_O:eek:)

See you on the track!!!
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wow, what a great race! That was actually fun this round, I really enjoyed it.

I connected early on to try and get a few laps in before qualy to set my rhythm but I had one loading bar on my list, so I exited and tried to rejoin. And then started 40 minutes of hell! I'd connect and the amount of loading bars under people kept increasing and I would get booted. So I reset and cleared everything and tried again. BOOM! Network compatibiltity error with room owner error! WTF I was just in there! Tried again and again, no go, exited game, no go, so reset router AGAIN! Tried one last time and I was in. Just as Stumbles was going to reset the track for qualy! So, no settling in for me, it was straight into it.

My strategy from the start was to start the race on itermediates so I could go longer in the wet before switching to the Sports tyres. This was solidified when I found out we were starting the race on a slightly drier track. I knew it was risky and would be off the pace a bit from those on the rain tyres, but I thought if I kept it clean it would be ok. Well, guess what, when checking the replay, somehow some way, I was actually on full wets! WTF? I didn't know this and drove to my strategy, but that was really weird.

I qualified fourth with a 2.57.7 or something like that which was ok. Got a good start, pulled alongside nugget, and then going into Turn 1 it was 4 wide with me on the outside. Got pushed a little wide but held it together and was one spot down going down the hill. Nuggett and Vend had a little dice after the first straight and when both went slightly wide on the first right hander I was able to slip up the inside and take them both, but promptly outbraked myself in the next RH corner letting them and also Db through. Bugger, down to 6th. I got a good run onto the back straight as Db was a bit slidey and passed him before the LH kink, I was carrying more speed through that section and was on Nuggetts bumper through the bus stop and pit straight. Couldn't get passed though and I made a small mistake on the sweeping LH opening the gap up a bit. Lap 3 and Nugget somehow got an almighty run along the straight after Eau Rouge even putting it on the grass, but made 3 spots in go (Vend got a shortcut penalty), Serg got a tankslapper right in front and let Vend and me through. Into 4th now. Good run through the back straight kink again and i was on Vend's tail, he overshot the braking point and i got through into 3rd in the bus stop.

Lap 4 Nugget got a shortcut penalty before the left sweeper and I got past into 2nd behind Stumbles, but I was quickly set upon and swallowed up by Vend & a miraculous dive by Nugget through the sweeper. Back to 4th. Lap 5 I got a good run through the 1st chicane and through the first RH pulling alongside Vend on the short downhill section. He inexplicably turned into me (he was on the preferred racing line - and it was before the corner), but I held firm and got passed. Stumbles was almost fully broadside through the corner and I was able to take him as well. Back into 2nd spot.

Positions 3-6 pitted the end of that lap. The guys further back had already pitted for inters. Nugget & I kept going (me thinking i was on inters too). Looking at the replay, my wet tyre wear was SO much better than everyone elses which is just weird cos normally I chew tyres like gum! The plan was to pit end of lap 8 or 9 depending on wear and track wetness, but by end lap 7 the wets were getting hot and jelly, so I pitted. Nugget continued to the following lap. Good pitstop and came out a bit further ahead, so the extra 2 laps I think helped a heap. Was only 1-2 seconds behind nugget when he came out of pits and the gap varied between that and about 9 seconds or so until the end of the race. I caught him twice (once when he had to go and open the door for his Mrs who didn't have her keys!!! PSML) but he kept pulling away, his pace as the track dried whas fantastic (shown by his fastest lap). I managed the gap back to 3rd pretty well, i felt no real pressure, but still had to concentrate till the end.

So finished in 2nd which I was pretty stoked about, considering my fastest lap was the slowest out of everyone!!! Weird eh? Congrats to Nugget on the Championship, well done mate, time to take it to the Div 1 guys! Also thanks to Stumbles for the hosting/captaincy. Bring on S13, hopefully I can be a bit more consistent this time around and have some pace right through the season, not just at 2 tracks!
    emmo46, DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Replay doesn't always tell the truth when it comes to Tyres, i have found this out when I was in other leagues.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.