Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    So I had yet another disaster. Qualified 10th but started 7th*. Got a really good start and managed to get up to 4th along Kemmel straight. Then I out-braked myself and ended up on the run-off. Had a few cracking laps with natmanscoop untill I repeated my fatal mistake again - this time far worse. After that I was trailing TB trying to be cautious as possible but got too close out of Eau Rouge and got lag punted which sent me spinning into the wall. I drove on for a couple of corners to see how far the field was ahead and decided to give up - there was no way I was going to make up any ground without a slipstream to dive into. All in all, started on a high for an eighth of a lap and severely declined from there. Third race now that I've been pelted off by lag, I completely understand it isn't the end users' fault but it is becoming rather irritating. Onto Trial Mountain where hopefully I can score something half-decent.

*If you're wondering why you guys aren't starting in your qualifying positions its because you're jumping back to the pits, and your time isn't recorded. It won't matter if you're on pole either - it doesn't seem like the game attaches the time with your ID. Meaning if you jump back into the pits by pressing start then hitting exit you're starting last. It's fine if you physically drive into them. I'd tried to explain this at nurburgring but no-one seemed to notice.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    The point is that instead of being either just behind or in just in front of you I was now behind you, cj and joe right in the pack instead trying to break away from it and I didn't barge my way past you I followed cj through who had the inside line and was inside you at the turn, so if that's what you were flashing your lights at I make no apologies. Also you running wide and getting a penalty is your own problem no one else's and your ability to come back from that is why you're leading the div at the moment. But you caused it no one else, I was punted by lag caused by something I did not do to myself.
    You are probably the fastest guy in div2 and you probably would have won all the races so far anyway, but I know myself at least am quite nervous driving behind you with the car jumping around, teleporting from one spot on the track to another instantly, the blinding smoke, sparks and screeching tyres is quite off putting and at spa I was chancing my arm quite a bit being closer to you than I wanted to be but I desperately wanted to stay in front of you not just for the finishing position but because if feel safer when you're behind me on the road. Really I should have just let you through and put on a gap so I wouldn't have to worry about it, but do you think that's fair that we just let you go so we don't get punted.
    Like I said you probably would have won everything anyway and deservedly so, and I know there is nothing we can do about the lag but you do know that you're doing it and I know you can't control it but sooner or later it may cost someone a win and I wouldn't want to touch that one with ten foot pole.

Cheers
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I would recommend at least trying fixed ownership on your most solid connection in the division. We have had similar issues with myself, hosie and to a lesser extent BERNSEY but this race was flawless. The cars look like they are skipping a little from a distance ( dots on the horizon, not 2 car lengths ) but up close its smooth as. I wonder if Gary is fibre? Anyway 'battle' confidence was greatly improved and there were no complaints at the end of being taken out by something that the person responsible has no control over.
    razor4797 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think you have nailed it frzn, trying to get everything sorted to start I must have done what you said above. TB and I are both idiots !!!
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah, I'll admit that is what I did, but it shouldn't be the case as you don't actually leave the track. I've done it before in other rooms and its been fine, not to mention there was no issue in doing it in GT5. Oh well, live and learn I guess. But saying that, I was still on track in round one and was put back 2 or 3 positions on the grid?????
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That's what I did at the Ring, which is why I started 2nd last instead of pole.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    smokinscotty and stucar17 like this.
  8. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Looking at those times, it's pretty obvious I haven't been practicing enough:confused:
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Looking at those times makes me feel.... 3rd division! But seriously, Natman a 2,25!!, are you using crack cocaine! :eek:
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah is a fast time......

Did my first serious prac last night round trial mountain...arrrgggghhhhhhh. !

After the wide open spaces of spa, this track feels like a roller coaster with no grip. The panel beater will love me this week. !
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    And my favourite... :p Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_26.jpg
    WAC likes this.
  15. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    hey guys sorry for the absence. I hope the first 3 races have been exciting for you all.
    I'm ready to join in on the fun and start from race 4.
    I've just saved my pennies and bought a BRZ,
    I'll have #45, Azure blue body colour with standard colour rims.
    thanks, looking forward to sunday :)
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    welcome back OD. Will be good to have you back on the grid again.

Just a heads up OD, we have been having a few issues with N64 and T-B williams with some intermittent lag. Guys have been trying to race them close, but it has gone pear shaped a few times. We are all aware of it, and try to adjust accordingly !

Also, will everyone be there tomorrow night ? Sparkles, fire ??

Will be online tonight for sure, about 9 sydney time for some practice. Will be a tough track to race close at, very bumpy and the curbs are a killer !!!
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Seeya there tonight Stu!
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bloody hell Jono how am I gonna pick 8 from them, they're all greato_Oo_O;)
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks mate! :p
  20. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    i'll be there, hoping to get a bit of practice in this arvo. had another killer 60+ hour week so really been struggling to get any GT6 time in.