GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series II

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 14, 2014.

?

What car should we use?

1. Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '

60.0%
  2. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model

33.3%
  3. Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model

6.7%
  4. Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    My first race of the series, and I have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable one. I started 3rd, should have been 4th but fastboy went into the pits.
    My first lap was the worst lap I've ever had. I jumped the gun at the line and received a penalty, then a ridiculous shortcut penalty at Tetre Rouge, then another at the first chicane on the back straight, then again at the second chicane, and to top it all off, a big 5 sec penalty for apparently cutting the final corner...
    I was down in about 10th and 10 or more seconds from the leader after one lap.
    I made a lot of mistakes and was thrashed with penalties, some were quite harsh.
    CAGM and I had a brilliant battle for 4th in the later part of the race. I was ahead on the final lap, then threw it away in the final sector, losing the position after going onto the grass.
    All in all I'm pretty happy with my performance. The podium were unbelievably quick. Congrats guys
  2. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Sadly couldn't make it last night. Looks like QLD are still doing quite fine tho :p
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    My race was bit all over the place at the start, i didn't get the best start and N64 was able to lead for the first few corners then after that we where locked into a battle, after the porsche sign i got a good draft on him and went down the side of him on that straight when i got lag punted onto the grass at high speed and then was just a passenger as the car spun out of control, after that I was 16 seconds behind and in last.
    From there on I didn't make much mistakes and was able to push hard to get the gap down, not getting caught up with others battles and able to push my way back to the front, by lap 9 or 10(was it?) I was right on CAGMs tail and then able to get past after his mistake after that i was able to build a comfortable gap, after the pit stop I lost about 7 seconds to the group behind after i wanted to make sure i had enough fuel this time so i slightly over-fueled to not repeat the 1st round, knowing a similar issue would cost me the race here.

I was then back to building the gap when the 12 year old came in, he wasn't costing me any time at first as i didn't even bother with it, but then with comfortable gap and it was getting pretty lonely i decided to read his silly messages, he seemed to have a fondness for emmo and with a 24 second gap to the lead or so I told the troll to read us a story, hoping he would change the subject lol. Surprisingly just saying that costed me about 15 seconds and the gap was down to 9 seconds. after that I was pretty distracted for the next few laps until he stopped talking then i pushed to the limit to the end, got the gap up to about 22 seconds by the end.

Didn't practise for this track at all but what really won me the race was finding a grove that let me avoid getting any penalties for long periods of time, was able to push about 5 laps in a row that were all 3:53-4s and that helped me build the gap quite easily.

Good race and the time went pretty quick for an hour and a half race, QLD surely have won the State of Origin now as all we need now is 12 points and we win the series.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That was a great race. From the start I made up some places, I think I was up to fourth at one stage before putting a wheel on the grass and spinning. Dropped a whole bunch of places down to 10th??? Made some inroads and got to the back of Serge where I stayed for quite a while. Way too many silly mistakes and shortcut penalties. Finnaly could see Serge, after falling back a bit in the first stint, then was right on his tail as we entered pit lane. We came out nose to tail and we had a fantastic battle whilst trying to Ignore the little S#&t posting crap. Missed my brake marker by about 100 mts for the first chicane on the musslane.
    If my eye wasn't so sore and irritated it may have been a different story, but hey still had a ball.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What a night, I got into N64's room easily and set three flying laps straight away that were within 1/4 second of each other so I knew I had consistency, trouble is they were all just over the 4 minute mark and way off the pace. I didn't twig to N64's plan to stop Mus from racing by somehow hiding his room from Mus, so I suggested I set up a room and of course N64 had to go along with that, sorry I ruined the plan mate:(
    Though Mus could now get in poor Bruce was in and out like a (well, we'll leave it at that). Time was slipping by and I reset for qualifying while I thought Bruce was there but he was still in and out. We had all set our times and I saw an arrow leaving the pits which I though must have been Bruce and thinking he was on track I started the race. I didn't see him in the race so I apologise Bruce. Ir's a shame as you had some pace over in N64's room.
    I qualified 10th and was surprised to not be last. I got a great start and moved up a few places early and for the first lap and a half was embroiled in furious battles with what seemed like just about everybody. Like some of the others my first few laps were blighted by penalties and then while wrestling with my amigo Ad2 got the mother and father of a lag punt. Ad2 waited, he shouldn't have, like I told TB in S13, if it is a genuine lag punt I believe that it shouldn't ruin 2 people's races, next time keep going mate.
    Anyway I was now 2nd last and Ad2 was last, we were both well back now and after holding him off for a while I spun all by myself and fell to last. I chased after him and gained slightly on him but then when he started to close on Haze I had a couple of lazy laps and fell out of site from them.
    It was very lonely from then to the pit stop stage and when I passed Joe as he was backwards in the pit entry (very unorthodox) I knew I might have a playmate after my stop a lap later.
    Sure enough I came out of the pits with a healthy gap on Joe and on for a point for 10th. I suspect Joe wanted the point and was slowly reeling me in, I helped him a bit with a quick spin at the end of Mulsanne and he was soon on my tail. The next half dozen laps were thoroughly enjoyable.
    My fanboy arrived with about 5 laps to go and gave me the encouragement I needed to fight tooth and nail with Joe over 10th place, there was no way on earth I was going to give that %#@^ the satisfaction of me coming last. It resulted in a hell of a struggle with Joe and I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did, probably not so much because I was a whisker in front at the line.
    Thanks for the great battle Joe, those nose to tail battles through the Porsche curves we're thrilling and you were very fair and able to race close without mistakes, I hope I didn't lean on you too much, I think we actually touched only once, but I was very determined.
  9. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    No prob's Emmo i tried to run the race on land line to save some money on internet phone service but as soon as you reset for qualifying i got about 200 meters and lag punted 3 times and D/Ced and tryed to get on about 6-7 times but had enough and turned ps3 off
    Cheers BJ
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What was the little turd's PSN name. What are we reporting him for?, Offensive Discrimination or Defemation?
    What time was it?

Just so everyone is reporting the exact same thing......
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    mrstuart2
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    mrstuart2
    And quite honestly he would probably fit all descriptions, I did it twice for offensive language and sexual content :mad:, but could have done one of each as he probably did the whole lot
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Time??? 9:15???
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    more like 10:30 I'd say, it was near the end of the race.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Three reports sent, Defemation, Bullying, and Discrimination. :):):):) head.
    emmo46, S_CLOSE and Anon666 like this.
  16. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    That was one hell of an experience. Exhausting, thrilling, fast and furious. That was my first competitive enduro style day/night race, and at that circuit it made it all the more special. Not my best race, but boy did i enjoy every second. As for the creature he has been reported. What a twat!
    I suppose Bathy will be day night too? :eek:
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Bathurst is indeed a day nighter!
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Awesome I did my fastest lap last night at night
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

so hope they find out about this one, you might even get Kenty to join, but I think you need 6 different cars and you can't have more then 2 drivers in each car and if CAGM just happens to be quicker in one of them, change the settings so it becomes fair for the other drivers.
    JonoStan96 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.