GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series II

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 14, 2014.

?

What car should we use?

1. Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '

60.0%
  2. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model

33.3%
  3. Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model

6.7%
  4. Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Done little sh!t can't believe when race was over he said it was just a bit if fun. I thought he would bail just before the end. Very distracting and annoying.
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A little bit late but anyway.

I got an awesome start, getting ahead of Mustafur. I kept him behind, but we were side by side down the Hunaudieries. We were ding dong all the way up to the Porsche Curves, but of course, lag intervenes and ruins an insane battle.

I was building up a gap over CAGM, but my lack of practice and knowing where the penalties were cost me. For some reason, the 2nd Mulsanne chicane felt like an ice rink. I dropped it and hit the wall, and I was down to 3rd behind Fastboy.

We had our battle for 2nd, which went on for several laps. Unfortunately, he spun at the end of the Mulsanne. Even worse, Mustafur was now back behind me. Knowing I was losing 1.5 seconds a lap at that damn chicane, and I was taking too many penalties, it was only a matter of time before he caught me, and sure enough, he passed me down the Mulsanne, though I wasn't particularly pleased with the lights display.

Mustafur caught CAGM on lap 10. I was catching the pair, hoping they would hold each other up. Sadly, CAGM was either taken out or lost it just before Tertre Rouge. In the darkeness, I couldn't see that he had spun, and I T-boned him, costing me time.

I didn't save enough fuel, so I pitted a lap early. This was a bad mistake, as I put in too much fuel, and the glitch meant my car was 4 seconds slower. CAGM was now right behind me as he exited the pits. It was looking like another QLD 1-2, and I couldn't have that. I soon reeled off some quick laps at Mustafur's pace, and I was on the tail of Fastboy. But, several penalties meant I had to do the work all over again. By now, mrstuart2 had joined and set about ruining our race. The obscenities, derogatoriness comments and sexual connotations against us, particularly emmo and Joe were disgusting. They were no match however for our driving skills.

With 4 laps to go, Fastboy and I resumed battle. By now, I realised I could cut the chicane at the Mulsanne significantly, which made it much faster. I felt a bit silly considering the colossal amount of time I had lost there and at the Ford curves. CAGM and razor were locked into an awesome battle as well. I just couldn't drop Fastboy though, he hung in there supremely. I might have made it a bit easy for him at times, due to my paranoia of lag punting him. Whilst we battled, Mustafur grew the gap by another 10 seconds.

On the last lap, I needed to get the perfect run on him through the Porsche Curves. Which did, but we both outbroke each other! I copped a penalty and settled for 3rd, but Fastboye cut the penultimate corner, giving me 2nd!

It was an awesome race, and I was pleased to be 2nd, a position I should have finished in at Rome. Mustafur was too quick, and knowing where all the penalties were and how to avoid them gave him a clear advantage onto of his skill. It's big thing coming back from last and winning by 20+ seconds. I think something needs to be done next season to avoid another QLD domination.

Bathurst will be another day night cracker, and the narrow layout will make overtaking difficult. I don't expect to do well though, I'm currently miles off the pace. But that's only practice, race day is what counts!

Don't forget to check out my ANZGT tribute race being held next Friday, as we have a week break from Origin to "recover."

Cheers, Jono.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

You actually never lagged for like the last 8 laps which gave me confidence to get in right behind and apply pressure.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mrstuart2 must have stabilised the room????
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Waits for Anon's reply...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Anon666 and S_CLOSE like this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Didn't sound so bad until you pointed it out
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How did I miss this?? Need new glasses!!!
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Gonna have to miss the last round Jono, sorry.
    Catch u later
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    When is the last round Jono?, if it wasn't yesterday I'm still in :confused:
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Why is everyone voting for the long ass track? Can't make a lap around that joint without stuffing up, and can never get in a rythem going the shorter the track the better I say
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Given the significance of the day, may I make a suggestion. Before the start of the race can we line up on the grid for a minutes silence. No mic chat, no wheelspin/doughnuts, no engine revving. We can use the time clock in the corner
    Ad2mny, razor4797, Mustafur and 4 others like this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Sounds like a great idea
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I was going to suggest that in the lobby tb, looks like you beat me to it!

Once I reset the room for qualifying, we'll all stay at the menu screen, silent for one minute.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

We still racing at 830 tonight
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I was thinking it would be nice to see a full grid all side by side paying their respects. Photo would be nice to have as remembrance and for future SOO series.
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That's a top idea mate
    It's a shame I won't be able to make the race tonight :(
    Good luck to you all and go NSW!