GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series II

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 14, 2014.

?

What car should we use?

1. Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model '

60.0%
  2. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model

33.3%
  3. Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model

6.7%
  4. Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Ok, guidelines for tonight.

I will setup a 1 lap race, where we will all do a slow lap, side by side as a marque of respect. As it ends, we will stop in grid positions for a minute silence. Once the minute ends, we will exit to the menu and I shall reset for a 2 lap qualifying session. 2 fast laps, then park up.
    Ad2mny and t_b_williams like this.
  2. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Just so i have this right after respect lap. is it 3 laps 1 out lap and 2 qualifying laps and park up
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That's correct mate
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    So internet is working :D Keen to be apart of SOO3, as being reserve for outsiders if you need a fill in, let me know :)
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can anyone else see the coincidence of Aussies on German soil on Anzac day?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Ooowww....QLD "just" scraped in for the Teams win (by 84 points) LOL
    Well done team QLD (what a surprise)!

And congrats to Musta for taking out the outright.

A very enjoyable series! Thanks everyone....
    JonoStan96 and bjh1012 like this.
  8. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Every thing Dave said Well done Jono Emmo Musta & hate to say it QLD next year we will get it for shore
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well, what an absolutely disastrous end to what was another phenomenal series of Origin. The level of interest in it has exceeded my expectations, and paves the way for an even better, more exciting 3rd season, which is in the works right now. I'll say that the new series will feature 2 new tracks and for the first time, 3 different cars for each race. More details are coming soon.

I was really looking forward to tonight, up until I was told at 7:30 I had to be the drunk cab. As you'd expect, I was furious. Not getting home until 8:45 was NOT what a I planned to do, and considering I made the boys wait that long, I deserved all the misfortune I received during the race.

We did not deserve, however, the usual PD bull:):):):) we sadly now have to expect
    time after time. They need a serious wake up call, to have this many problems on these servers is simply unacceptable for a 1st party company directly linked with Sony. One of the reasons I can't wait to pick up a PS4 Project Cars bundle. It's impossible to race competitively like this.

Not to mention the truly shocking lag compensation of the game. Funny how 3arc, EA, Rockstar, Nintendo, and games made by others online don't seem run into such problems like, I don't know, NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR COMPETITORS?!? Really PD? What excuse is there for that? Yes, GT6 is a very demanding game but that is pathetic. I don't buy for a second it is my internet, because, it's fine (after Serge worked his magic). And I can't afford to purchase modem after modem for one game. I have no tolerance for that.

Anyhow, the tribute lap to our Diggers was incredible, the only thing it lacked was The Last Post. Very moving, cheers tb for the idea.

I really stuffed up my qualifying big time, which was irritating because I knew this was a strong track for me. I guess going in with no practice laps prior and still seething from the events could be my excuse.

So, dead last, I got a great start, and muscled my behind tb in somethingth postion, but some awful throttle control put me down. I kept seesawing up and down the field due to a combination of great speed and costly errors, but the fights were fun. I do recall one overtake I put on Haze that I dearly loved to have seen again on replay.

About halfway through, I was starting to think that I could make some ground after the pit stop phase, but wouldn't you know it? I disconnected, precisely halfway through. Thanks for one final kick in the
    balls PD, you useless twats.

But anyway, congratulations to MINT on becoming the first non QLD driver to win an Origin race. That leaves it at 5-1-0-0.
    But still, 2 series' in a row for QLD, which honestly isn't surprising considering the lineup they have. But, to be the best, you have to recruit the best. Well done to Mustafur on another Origin title, which you wont be defending next time, because the Driver's Championship is going to be scrapped. I'm seething at my team scoring no points thanks to PD, the Outsiders should NEVER have outscored us. But well done regardless.

Cheers to emmo, razor, scotty and stu for your service, and I hope you'll put your hands up for series 3. And thank you to everyone who participated for making this the best community series in ROOZ (probably a biased opinion, lol).

Series 3 will likely coincide with the real State of Origin, if not, sometime later in Winter, but for now, congratulations Queensland!

Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny, DoogleDave, MINT_GTR and 2 others like this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Put me down for next season. My race with you at Le Mans was probably one of the best races I have had
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    After all that mucking around just trying to get a stable room together, From the first lap N64 was no where to be seen.... but I presumed the empty slot on the grid was probably him.
    Had a tremendous little battle with Serge, was great CLEAN racing. I enjoyed it a lot. Until I managed to get by and put in a couple of clean laps and gap him a little.
    Then 560 must have had a moment, as he was ghosting and re entering the circuit on the entry to the back straight, with his car ghosting and me being committed at corner exit, I thought.... I'll just go through him, Only for his car to go solid right before I buried the car into the back of his, giving me a collision penalty and dropping me down another spot behind Dave and 560.
    Both of them ended up making mistakes and I got by them, 560 clearly had later braking markers as he was consistently knocking on the back door eventually pushing me off track to get by, instead of doing the Cole Trickle and going back out just to return the favor, I just parked it in the sand switched it off and went for a smoke. Ran out of patience.
    Sorry guys not like me to Rage Quit, but was tired and just plain over it. Getting over the PS BS pretty quick... tempted to update my gaming PC and run Project cars on that instead.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Did a average qually lap. Got an alright start, stayed in Musta's draft for the first few laps. Lost the draft, spent the next 40 laps cruising to third. Wasn't that thrilling until I caught up to Gary, Serge and Emmo.

Well done to Mint and musta
    bjh1012 likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'll definitely be back for Origin 3. Got to keep that winning streek going.

Well done mint on a well deserved win, fastest and most consistent on the night. That'll win it for you every time.

Well done to Musta on the Drivers Title again. ROC 3 spot is yours my friend. (will have that thread up shortly).

Qually was not the best, got caught up in serg's spin ( couldn't be helped ) and then couldn't stop the back end breaking traction on my second lap costing me time. Consequently I started 7th and stayed there until 560 and Scotty started scrapping, ending in Scotty being pushed off. That got me on the tail of 560 and after a good battle I finally got by but couldn't shake him for quite a few laps. from there it was pretty lonely until I had a major spin which put Jono 560 and Doogle back on my tail. Managed to break away again and didn't see any action untill the lapped cars started coming back to me. Still another spin later in the race didn't cost me a position, but it did mean that I got lapped by the leader while in 4th.:(
    Very happy with my position in the end as it was all Div 1 drivers in front of me, and I would have had to have been very very very lucky to have made any more progress.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I didn't practice for this race but was hoping I could find some pace in the race, so quali was pretty average even ruining TBs first lap... Sorry mate.
    Started 9th behind Gary and after the first two laps cold tyre/high adrenaline mistakes, put myself behind TB, however could not match his pace.
    Spend a good number of laps battling with Scotty (who was clearly faster), but was consistent enough to keep him behind until I had a moment and that gave him enough to get through and quickly built a gap. From then on as it got dark, made a LOT of mistakes which put a few guys on my tail and got by, ass I kept visiting the sand and going backwards.
    Still don't know who gavr me a hell of a punt coming into the last corner after I had recover from a sand expedition, sending me deep into the sand again.
    Really enjoyed the battle with Scotty and mucking around in the end with emmo, but to be honest half the distance would have been enough to keep me entertained, felt some what of a chore after that.
    Well done to Mint on a strong performance and Musta for consistently kicking our butts in every championship :p
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    As to the distance, I think Jono was aiming for an 80 min race, Just like the NRL SOO games.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, 80 mins.

For one of the races next season I'm aiming to have two 40 minute sprints. Race length isn't going to change.
  17. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    A thoroughly enjoyable series (cheers Jono for setting it up). Last night's race was again totally exhausting (PD bull making the night even longer), but total fun too. I'm sure i finished 8th though (DSCs taken into account). ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    When are they going to sort this :):):):) out? You can't race if you can't see each other. How can you be in a room together one minute then be incompatible in another.

Anyway, the tribute lap was well done. Yes it was eerie cruising around the lap but I think it was apt.

Did not qualify real well. Was counting on the easy drive-ability of the Nissan to help in that respect but at the lower middle part of the pack was best I could manage. At the restart, got away fairly average and latched onto the back of S_CLOSE and smokingscotty. It didn't last long as I slowly dropped back but held off hazeone as long as I could.

Now I'm not making excuses ( ;) ) but my day had been huge. From 8 till around 2, I had been dragging wine-grape nets into their bags behind a tractor, which I can only compare to climbing ropes with only your arms. Then till 5 I had been sinking Coronas with lemon and was adequately refreshed but slightly sloshed.

Back to the racing, and about a third into it fatigue was setting in. I started to lose pace and was yo-yo-ing up and down and losing concentration. Hazeone got past and I put my head back down caught back up and re-passed but again lost concentration falling back again. I saw at half race distance I was going to need petrol. Totally not thinking about the glitch, I stopped and instantly dropped down into the 2 min lap times.

The rest of the race was a blur. I slowly worked my way to the rear if the field, lapped by Mustafur and Mint twice in the end, and lapped by 5th place too. The final 12 laps were agony on my arms, could barely hold the wheel, and my accelerator leg fell off later that night and had to be sewed back on. I think because I was so alone on the track, it seemed the race went for maybe 20mins too long, but it was same for everyone and my lack of practice was my downfall too.

Sign me up for next season, us Vics have some face to save. Cheers for the racing everyone.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My results screen showed AD2 in 11th(last) but his race time was between Doogles and Gary so that would put him 6th. I am happy to be corrected if that is not the real picture.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Funny cause until I crossed the line I was still ahead of you emmo couldn't work it out. I was most definitely last though.