Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Forgot to save the . So wanted to go back and watch my awesome car control.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Don't forget that there is a 1.4 GB update for those who haven't played in a while, I'd be downloading it as soon as possible.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  3. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Sooooo - you have to wait for the red lights to go out now lol.
    Unfortunately I had an issue where the GT6 visual seemed to have frozen up on me - could still hit the PS button and hear noises but that was it =(. Was well off the pace anyways. I miss GT5
    JonoStan96 and S_CLOSE like this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Scumbag PD lol
    I had that happen to me before when I was doing an enduro on GT5. And yes, it was the 24hours of Le Mans. And at the 23 hours mark.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Mint was the man to catch this round, nabbed pole...for both races. Bad luck mate, you have more than enough pace to take this round. I had some luck in race 1 with you going wide at T1 and Mus making a few little mistakes. Race 2 was super messy, managed to work up to 4th where I wanted to be, but Zamps caught me and Cyber and, well, it all went pear-shaped at T1. Held on to 5th. Optimus had an issue with the start of race 2 and didn't complete a lap, not sure what happened there?? Bad luck mate, well deserved podium for race 1!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rotor's FL was 1:12.682 Emmo. Mint - Pole. Optimus should be 10th in race 2.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  7. Benjamin J Smith

I want to give myself a big pat on the back basically doing the whole second race with me G27 sitting on my lap, insted of attached to the desk
    warrior2167, WAC, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    image.jpg
    warrior2167 and PurpleDog like this.
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Was really happy to secure pole and felt confident with my race pace to turn that into a win. Mustafur got a blinder off the start line to be side by side into turn 1, was happy to slot behind when I realised i squeezed myself out wide and beached it into last place. From there, errors continued throughout to finally cross in last place.

With little momentum taken from race 1, race 2 from pole, thanks to the format, was going to be a tough race. I thankfully made amends from race 1 and fell into a good rhythm from the start. With warrior always in arms length the whole race I stayed focused to not bin it like I did back in round 2 this season. An error from warrior on the second last lap gave me breathing space to cross over for my first win in the GT6 league :D

Congrats to anon for his first win of the season and Optimus for his first podium finish here at ROOZ :)

I was on struggle street coming into tonight's round after a 24hr road trip and flight back in time for this evenings event so just happy I didn't fall asleep or rage quit after t1 of race 1 haha

EDIT: just reviewed 1st corner and not overly happy about it, I felt I was nudged out wide but oh well that's racing :)
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well, for the second season in a row, Motegi has proven to be a great circuit for me, despite my hatred for it.

As it transpired, qualifying was a rather disappointing affair, I didn't think I could do much from 8th.

But I benefitted from MINT and Mustafur's collision, and unfortunately warrior's lag punt. I'm really sorry mate.

Afterwards, I realised I didn't have the pace to keep up with the top 3, so Zamps was putting the pressure on, and I cracked on lap 4, as he made an unbelievable pass at turn 6. But luckily, I was still able to keep up with him, and I retained the position for the rest of the race by out braking him into turn 1 a bit later on.

The 2nd race was a bit more hectic. Anon was right on my tail in 7th, we were keen to get on the podium. Unfortunately, I cornered myself by moving to the left to overtake Fastboy, like Zampli did on me. I wasn't as rutheless as Fastboy, and we both broke too late. This invited Anon up the inside, and we were two by two. I don't know if Anon didn't see me there, or I turned in, but I copped a big whack to the side and I was in the gravel. Considering how unstable the room was, I'm certain it was lag induced.

I began to reel in the battle pack, but it was too late. That was the case, until they decided to take themselves out! Just like that, I was on the podium! However, on the final lap, I ran slightly wide at turn 1, and inadvertently blocked Zamps from passing. Sorry mate, there was no malice in that lol.

So I'm really pleased with how all that turned out, I'm starting to get my confidence back after such a terrible start. I don't know how I ended up, overall, but in suspect it was at least 4th. Well done to Optimus for a great first podium, and MINT for his first GTLOZ race win, it was only a matter of time before you'd crack it!

Cheers, Jono.
    OptimusAteMyBaby and MINT_GTR like this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    After reviewing the T1 incident over a multiple angles i would say Im mostly at fault for that collision.
    I got a good start to be right alongside Mint and when it came to braking i braked slightly earlier which allowed mint to be a ahead, as mint was committing to the corner and moved towards my side, I briefly lifted which unsettled my car and increased my stopping distance, slightly nudging mint wide just enough into the sand.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great result Musrafur. In the lead in the table now, just. Closest Div one season I have seen.
  13. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Honestly with all the errors I made after that, I very much doubt that incident would have changed the outcome so all good, happy to leave it as a racing incident :)

More curious about the overall round points for this round, can anyone answer how the points are worked out?? Even though I obviously had a shocker 1st race, with a win in the 2nd and pole, i didn't think I would finish 6th for the round?!? Cheers :)
  14. Benjamin J Smith

first race banks double points, so Anon and Mus would be in an awesome championship position
  15. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Ahhh that makes sense, thanks for the explanation :) now I wish I had a better result for race 1 now :(
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Almost right Fastboy.
    First race is normal points, only 1/2 points for race 2, eg. Race 1 winner gets 25 points, race 2 winner only gets 12.5 points.
    SuiCid3 and MINT_GTR like this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Felt a bit weird after that round, I was pretty frustrated as My pace just completely died as soon as i finished qualifying, and the first race should of been a win (after the senna prost style crash on t1)but i completely lost all my pace and was running consistent 12s rather then 11s which I could easily do in Qual.

2nd race was ruined when I accidently did a pit manoeuvre on Stig13 which spun him into the wall, I waited for him to pass and from that point was at the back of the field for the rest of the race.

didn't like this track in race conditions as it feels too narrow to have a proper battle, best suited to the bikes I think, its rewarding when your by your self though.

Can't wait till Daytona, im usually very good there and its a track where you can actually battle with your opponents unlike Motegi.
    warrior2167 and OptimusAteMyBaby like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. OptimusAteMyBaby

OptimusAteMyBaby Rookie

PSN ID
    OptimusAteMyBaby
    cheers anon mint n64 I'm heaps happy to make it 3rd in race one... T1 was scary with all the chaos so was lucky to make it through clean... Watching the anon mustafur battle in front the whole race was great, awesome pass near the end anon

i was in the pit waiting for race2 to start. When the countdown started i had no numbers counting down... Then (first time for this) was on track but still in the pit view so i could steer but my throttle only worked to open the chat or exit the room... Sorry to anon i think who had to start with a car in front that couldn't start... I had to quit room before the pack made it back for lap2... Thanks GT6 for the flawless servers... Would this mean that i lose my point for 10th place? Not too fussed, just heaps happy to grab a podium racing with div1 :)
    warrior2167 and MINT_GTR like this.
  20. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done to Anon, you certainly were the most consistent on the night and fully deserved that win. That now makes it 2 from 2 GT6 sprint race victories as well. Also outstanding jobs from N64, Optimus and Mint with their first podium and 1st results. Top effort and to never give in with that effort smithy I think that you deserves extra tickets for the prize draw with that result.

I just couldn't put a lap together in qualifying, so starting for 4th I had a decent start but I was pinned on the inside for turn 1 and 2 and had to move behind optimus, at this stage I still hadn't realised that Mint had fallen back. Everything thing was still going well going into 6 until I ended up on wrong end of a racing incident, my car was like the last ball of a newton cradle. I lost about 10 seconds to now sit in 10th a just in front of Mint. I still thought I could fight back and by half race I had caught up the mid field battle only to be find my way into another incident were rotor nailed me into turn 1 as a result of a blank screen.

Starting in 3rd for race 2 I fell in to line behind Mint and Cyber, I was being very careful when trying to get by Cyber and got by after a couple laps. Now my attention went straight to try and close Mint back down, we both had equal pace and I was only closing by small tenths every lap. With 2 laps to go the gap was just over a second and I knew there was a big gap to 3rd so I threw caution to the wind, but that didn't work as I lost it and had to settle for 2nd.

Sprint Round results, just so there's no confusion, you get the normal points awarded for the championship as if it was 1 race based on your combined race results with half points for the 2nd race.
    1. Anon 25 + 5 (30)
    2. Mustafur 18 + 2.5 (20.5)
    3. N64 12 + 7.5 (19.5)
    4. Optimus 15 + 0.5 (15.5)
    5. Zampli 8 + 6 (14)
    6. Mint 1 + 12.5 (13.5)
    7. warrior 4 + 9 (13)
    8. Smithy 10 + 1 (11)
    9. thestig 6 + 2 (8)
    10. Cyber 2 + 4 (6)
    11. Rotor 0
    OptimusAteMyBaby and MINT_GTR like this.