Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    We have to see a photo of that move in the ROOZ report! ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Watch this space... :)
    Ad2mny and DoogleDave like this.
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks fellas, well done mint for driving a very professional race. We both were pushing very hard and any small error would have lost the race for both of us. Also great lap in qualifying, beat me by 3 thousandths, 1:16.175 v 1:16.178.

Mustafur was on fire with his fresh rubber, well done for getting fastest lap as every point counts.

We knew it would difficult to pass here, so qualifying was more important, I was holding 1st until being pipped by mint in the final minute. Second was still a good place to start and I had a decent launch as the lights went. The early laps were a bit hairy with the colder rubber, but I was still able to hold on to 2nd resisting the pressure being applied from mustafur, from there the race was about getting into a rhythm and to not let mint get to far ahead. Halfway through the gap had stretched to mint to 2.5 seconds, so I had to give it everything to close it back down. By lap 29 I brought the gap down to less than a second, but I didn't think I could I could pass mint as he was not making any mistakes and was strong in every corner until he run wide on the exit of turn 3, allowing me to move ahead by turn 4 and from there I just had to keep my composure until the finish.
    Mustafur and MINT_GTR like this.
  4. OptimusAteMyBaby

OptimusAteMyBaby Rookie

PSN ID
    OptimusAteMyBaby
    couldn't get a good lap in qualifying started 8th, Holland let go of brakes before the lights went out so i made it to 6th by the first corner, zampli right in front of me for about 15 laps was a great piece of clean fast close racing with zamp before i understeered offline from late braking (gotta love when your braking point has been knocked off the side of the track) held Fifth until the end after zamp dropped out, Cyber was keeping me awake with pressure from 6th each time I'd try save some tread he's be right behind, great fun racing with you guys, the top three are incredible drivers fast mistake free driving it's impressive, very happy with 5th place
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have a race lap time for Zamps, or Dan?
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Holland - 1:16.633
    Zamps - 1:16.858
    N64 - 1:17.431
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Thnx anon... was gonna say when I saw optimuss time, I thought mine was exactly the same, thought right!! Thought it was too coincidental but it was the time I could remember.
    OptimusAteMyBaby likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Anon.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Somewhat reduced no's tonight, but at times there felt like there was a dozen cars on the road. I got to be everything from 2nd to last, had a shot at 2nd, but front end got light through Ascari and off I went. Happy to see the wet race out the way, and a big pat on the back to Smithy for his first podium.
    [​IMG]
    Musta - Pole. Started with 9 Emmo, so all are accounted for in pic.
    warrior2167, Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well it's not a win, but it sure feels like it. I think I was battling with someone all race. First was N64 think I was in battle with him til something like lap 12. Than came Anon put the pressure on me for like 5 laps, going side by side into the 3rd chicane I held my breath and hoped I came out the other side. Than I had Optimus battle with me for almost the rest of the race until he became the last of the late brakers and ended up in the wall, which allowed warrior past.

Pushed my hardest to regain the position but he had me covered., so decided to cruise to the finish.
    But overall I would like to thank everyone for making sure my first podium wasn't just given to me.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

By what margin did mus win by?? I'm a little surprised that my 45.6 will be good enough for 4th overall. Look out for faine next season he pulled a 44.6 as well as a 44.9.....
  13. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    With limited practice this week, was just hoping the pace I found the night before could be replicated in the race. So plan for qualifying was to not start midpack but the car had other ideas and I started 5th.

The start was absolutely insane with maccas going everywhere but at the end of it all, no loss of position. Everything was going well until my car decided to become a handful and by lap 10 I was last and 53+ seconds behind the leader. Obviously Murphy's law happened and the car became a rocket so I pushed for the fastest lap. I hunted down the only person I could see, cyber, and enjoyed a 2 lap battle which was the highlight of my race.

Congrats to mustafur, the macca master in the wet, for a dominating win. Well done to warrior for 2nd and fastboy for his first podium in easy one of the hardest conditions race we have ever had, which makes it even more rewarding :)

I am off to have a chat with my car to see if it actually wants to race at the start next week since it's a strong track for me from early season testing
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well I don't know what to say after that, what a roller coaster ride!

I pulled that lap out in qualifying like a magician, and to top it off, a perfect start put me in an unlikely lead (first time I've lead a Div 1 race)! :)

I knew it wouldn't last long, but Mustafur outbraked me at the Parabolica. It was a matter of holding position, but I had my work cut out for me.
    Fastboy was putting on some great pressure, and got past. It was very chaotic after that, with some intense racing from 3rd to 7th.

To sum it all up, the fact that I lost 1.5 kg in sweat after the race just shows how incredibly close, exciting and pressurised the racing is in Div 1.

Really, I only made 4 errors the whole race, but all of them were costly, a podium should have been mine, but wow, I'm pumped after that 4th place.

Huge congrats to Smitty for his first podium, he kept his head. Mustafur must have had an extra probe or two from Kang & Kodos, the pace was unbelievable. Nice job too to warrior, patient and deadly like a sniper.

I don't think I'll be able to replicate this at Motegi, but like always, I'll be giving it my best shot!
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur and warrior2167 like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Great drive last night musatfur. A clean sweep with pole, fastest lap and the win. Also great job N64 with 2nd in qualy and the early lead. And well done smithy with your 1st podium.

I believe I had my worst result in qualifying ever, 7th was the best I could manage. I had a careful start and had to watch out for a couple of guys who missed their marks into t1. After the end of the opening lap I found myself in 4th. I knew I didn' t have the speed to match musty's pace so I had to stay patient and keep the car on the wet black stuff. 2/3rds into the race I dropped back to 6th when Anon and Optimus went by, but I was still within striking distance of 2nd. With the 4 infront having their issues towards the end I somehow found my way into 2nd and the result was like letting me out of jail by not losing to many points to mustafur. To sum up that was a very enjoyable albeit a difficult one where as many as 6 drivers could have finished 2nd.
    Mustafur and MINT_GTR like this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

This is me after i bin it in a race or doing the GT Academy time trials
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Not much to say, i was feeling pretty confident coming up to this round as my pre season pace here was good, got a bit worried when people were posting 45s on the shoutbox when the best i could do was mid 46s, then come sunday it all changed and was able to get in the 45s and consistently.

qualifying went well and was able to even improve my lap on the final lap of the session to get pole.

My start was very conservative but i wasn't too worried, N64 had a good start and was leading for about 2 laps when I managed to get past before the parabolica when he braked too early.

From there on I was alone, had a few hairy moments but no spins thankfully, Mint beat my best lap in the last half of the race so I then started improving my pace to make sure i could get the extra point and was able to do so and from there on basically just hot lapping to the finish, getting my fastest lap on the second last lap.

Very happy with getting Maximum points, which I think is the first time I have Won got pole and fastest lap. I really need to step up at the next round and win to give Warrior a hard time for the rest of the season.
    warrior2167, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TIRE REGS FOR THIS WEEK.

RACE SOFT TIRES
    WEAR : NORMAL