Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    That is where you are wrong my good sir, it is the tappet cover gasket :p
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  2. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Hi all, just wondering if it's at all possible to grab a replay of you guys from the last race at Fuji?
    Just curious to see how it's done at the top :)
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Helps if you read what it it says; one to many Rums last night. I think it this must have been me insted not Warrior. My Bad
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. OptimusAteMyBaby

OptimusAteMyBaby Rookie

PSN ID
    OptimusAteMyBaby
    i didn't get to qualify, when we reset the track i lost sound and wasn't able to get on track, i had to reboot ps3 by the time i got back the qualifying was over.
    started at the back and pushed too hard for ten laps to try make it to the middle pack, the front left was burnt to shreds by lap 20 as a result.
    found the slippery part of the outside curb twice and said Hello to the wall :) was asleep at 730pm should have had a coffee to try focus after that mission of a weekend... Not a good idea to try race when you're totally wrecked... Will try better for Laguna
    MINT_GTR and Anon666 like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bit of discussion out the back , and by various members, that this weeks round should be postponed for a week due to mothers day on sunday, and quite a few drivers unavailable because of it.

We are looking to postpone for 1 week, we will make a decision by tonight after a few of the mods are spoken to.

Stay tuned.
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Opening post details updated.
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah no problem, I'll upload and send you the link by tomorrow. The replay at fuji does want to freeze, but its ok if you keep the camera on the car.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just confirming that tonight's round has been postponed to next week due to the high number of drivers unavailable.

Clevo has updated the opening post to also include a bye on the June long weekend where a lot of people are away and able to race.

Cheers
    mod-team
    OptimusAteMyBaby and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]
    Pole: Mint. FL Mus.

WD Warrior again. Mint had awesome pace tonight as well. Mus went for a pitstop and I thought, could get a podium here. Ran off the track second last lap and got pipped on the line. Too many mistakes from me to be competitive, pretty happy to finish that high up. Zamps should be recorded at no. 11 and Holland at no.12. Forgot to get their lap times Emmo, will try and remember tomorrow.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I predicted I'd have an awful race, and sure enough, I was right! Just horrible.

The top 3 are on another level, it's very easy to run out of superlatives to describe their skills!

*I did a 1:17.431 on my final lap, not that it makes any difference lol
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Try to not make mistakes and bin it on the first lap. Then the second again, then have a run in with Dan on the 3rd lap giving me a penalty but had no where to go. Glad he went off after that hit because I wasn't overly happy about it. But what can you do he didn't look like he was in control at that point. Good solid 6th but could have been a podium if I didn't muff it
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Anon. :)
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Came into this round very hopeful for a good result as Laguna is the strongest track for me this season.

Qualifying came down to the wire again, with leaving it to the last lap. I new I was very strong in the last sector so fortunately was able to put the rest of the lap together to secure my first pole. I was ecstatic as Laguna is a very hard place to pass.

Race went to plan at the start, was able to consolidate the start and then fall into a good rhythm with not too much pressure from warrior behind. Towards the end, got a little sloppy for a lap and in a blink, warrior was on my heals. I was oddly still comfortable with him on my tail as I felt I could still hold for the win. A few laps later, I ran slightly wide at corner 3 and gifted an easy pass for the lead. After regathering, tried to push for the remaining laps but the damage was done. Crossed the line in 2nd with mixed emotions but overall pleased with a strong performance at a tough track.

Congratulations to warrior once again, you applied pressure from start to finish and was able to make the most of the opportunity from my one mistake in the race, well deserved win :) Well done to mustafur for rounding out the podium with a blistering finish on fresh tyres.

Bring on monza next week and all its wet goodness, I expect this round to be full of surprises :D
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    OptimusAteMyBaby and warrior2167 like this.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

How long did the race start hold us for. I accidentally built up rev right before and dropped the biggest burnout you have ever seen, would have looked like a p plater in his VN Commodore in the maccas car park
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Loving the F1 style starts.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I like the new start system, it's much more reaction based then the more predictive style of the old way.

It didn't matter too much at Laguna though as the grid is the most spaced out of all the tracks on the game, but at F1 tracks it will be crucial to a good start as the grid start is bunched up.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Well my race was very interesting, I managed to qualify 3rd 2 tenths off Mint and I felt I could get more out of that time in the race as I was a little rusty having not practised since Monday.

The race was a procession for quite a few laps as mint was leading I was behind warrior and anon behind me, we all going back and forward each lap as the unpredictive Mclaren was proving quite a handful here and we all knew a slight off track excursion would be a race ruiner.

Anon was the first to have a spin which sent him quite away back and took a bit of pressure off me while I was following warrior, then at about lap 20 I started dropping back a bit as I was chewing my front right too much expecially in the last sector. On Lap 23 I under steered after the corkscrew and went into the sand costing me about 8 seconds at that point I thought it would be worth pitting and having an attempt that way since not pitting was only going to net me 3rd at best by that stage.

Unfortunately I seemed to think a bit stop was going to be about 20 seconds when in reality it was about 30(watching too much F1), came out of the pits 40 seconds behind and dropped from 3rd to 7th a bit behind Cyber. The Grip was quite a huge difference and allowed me to fly at cyber and go straight to attacking the position, he held up quite a fight for a lap but I was able to get by then went after fastboy.

Luckily for me this overtake went quickly and swiftly as I was able to get lots of speed through the 2 high speed corners after the corkscrew which allowed me to put a dive on him on the last corner, he got a better exit but had no where to pass as my car was in the way. Then just up the road was Optimus, with the grippy tyres it allowed me to get huge seed out of the last corner allowing me to be right on anyone up the main straight, Optimus went wide on T1 after slightly braking too late and it allowed me to go on the inside and nip the position.

By this stage I though catching anon in 3 lap was going to be impossible as he was about 8 or so seconds up the road but he made a mistake on the 2nd last lap which just happened to leave a gap that gave me one shot if I nailed the last lap, I managed to catch about 2 or 3 seconds on him on the last lap as I gave it everything I couldn't even see him exiting the corkscrew but I was right on him by the last corner as was the massive speed difference which fresh rubber, I did an extreme engine brake to 1 st gear which rotated the car in the right direction then put it 2nd and floored it and with the gripper tyres gave me a slightly better run to the line which allowed me to take 3rd right on the line.

Very satisfying race and I don't regret pitting since the result ended the same except it was much more fun, felt like Webber at shanghai in 2011.
    warrior2167, MINT_GTR and SuiCid3 like this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

The pass you had on me came from a mile back, I was thinking you would get me at turn 1 but nope. Looked at the mirror and thought :):):):) he is going for it, tried doing the under and over but that wasn't happening
  20. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Wow, 2 100th's in it for the last podium spot, awesome stuff.