AC [COMPLETED] The Nordschleife Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    ARE YOU UP TO THE NORDSCHLEIFE CHALLENGE!
    Do you have Assetto Corsa?
    Do you think you are a good driver?
    Do you think you can drive most cars.....Fast?
    Are you up for a tough driver challenge?

If you answered YES! to all the above then Ive got a HUGE challenge for you and all AC drivers.
    This will involve all your driving skills so you will need to bring your "A" game to the party.

What I am proposing is this;
    Nordschleife and four cars.
    All that compete in the challenge on the infamous Green Hell circuit become a "Hells Hero"
    Set the fastest time in all 4 cars over the 4 weeks and you'll be crowned "King of the Nordschleife".

Here's how it works;
    Over a 4 week period (starting date TBA), meeting twice a week, participants try to set the fastest lap. It doesn't matter which car you use for the weekly sessions, but you can only use your chosen car for that week, and once you choose your car for that week, it can't be changed.
    The fastest lap for each participant would be recorded at the end of 3 x 30 minute sessions per meeting, the fastest session time of the 3 being used as their challenge lap time.
    The server would also be available 24/7 for practice sessions with all 4 challenge cars being available for use.

The Cars:
    At this point I have selected the following cars for the challenge;
    1)Ferrari-312T
    2)BMW-M3-GT2
    3)KTM-Xbow-R
    4Shelby-Cobra-SC

If you're interested in taking on the challenge, post your details in this thread.
    Car list is provisional, I am open to discussion on car choice.
    Any thoughts or idea's are most welcome.

Cheers
    AJ

Race Dates:
    ...............Monday........Wednesday.............
    Week 1) 11thAug------13thAug, BMW-M3-GT2 Completed.
    Week 2) 18thAug------20thAug, KTM-Xbow-R Completed.
    Week 3) 25thAug------27thAug, Shelby Cobra CS Completed.
    Week 4) 1stSept ------3rdSept, Ferrari 312T Completed.

Registered Drivers:
    AJ.Scott
    KoAStR
    Hairybear
    Anon666
    Tovey_4Saken
    RESULTS
    WEEK ONE: BMW-M3-GT2

KoAStR........................................ 6:41:150
    Ryan Tovey (Tovey_4Saken)........6:51:219
    Insaneozzy (AJ.Scott)....................6:59:377
    Anon666.......................................7:10:605
    Tedoki (Hairybear)....................... 7:26:637

WEEK 2: KTM-Xbow-R

Koastr...........................................7:39:487
    AJ (insaneozzy).............................7:53:327
    Tovey_4Saken (Ryan Tovey)........7:53:846
    Anon666.......................................7:54:119
    Tedoki (Hairybear).........................DNS

WEEK 3: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

Koastr...........................................7:55:784
    AJ.Scott (insaneozzy)...................8:11:645
    Anon666......................................8:16:208
    Tovey_4Saken (Ryan Tovey).......8:26:636

WEEK 4: Ferrari 312T

Koastr..........................................6:41:835
    Tovey_4Saken.............................6:44:161
    AJ.Scott........................................6:49:934
    Annon666....................................6:53:906

COMBINED TIMES
    1st) Koastr...........................................28:58:256
    2nd) Insaneozzy (AJ.Scott)..................29:54:283
    3rd) Tovey_4Saken (Ryan Tovey).......29:55:862
    4th) Anon666......................................30:24:838

Congrats to Koastr for 1st place over all, never any doubt really. "GREEN HELL MASTER" :thumbsup:
    Congrats also to Tovey ("GREEN HELL HERO") :thumbsup: who would of taken 2nd overall if it weren't for that bloody Cobra being such a difficult drive, missing 2nd spot overall by a mere 1.579 seconds :eek:. Don't think I'll be so lucky in the future so I'll cherish the podium, hehehe :whistling: :laugh:.
    Gratz to Anon ("GREEN HELL HERO") "The Dark Horse" who showed he has the speed to mix it up front without any doubt, had a slow start, but came on real strong in the middle and later stages of the event and I'm sure we will see his presence on the podium in the future.

GRATZ TO ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE NORDSCHLEIFE CHALLENGE.
    an outstanding show of driving skill by all.

I will be putting together a sig emblem to signify the conclusion and success of the event.

Cheers, and thanks for attending.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Tovey_4saken, hairybear and Anon666 like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds like fun. Count me in.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  3. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

like how you've set this out AJ. those cars will do just fine. doubt i'll be using the Cobra though, that thing bites under braking ha!. VERY curious to try the 312T. i'll be joining in any of the races I can, and with 2 a week the chances are good. thanks!!!
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    No probs HB, should be a lot of fun, I agree the Cobra is a handful, I struggle to stop the thing too:rolleyes:, another reason for including it. The KTM is a little beast too, but I think most will enjoy the 312T and Beamer best, I know I do.

I thought having two nights a week gives everyone a chance to have a 2nd crack at a quicker time if they wish, but also allows flexibility for those who might be busy one night or the other.
    Im looking at kicking it of in early-mid August at this point, and probably on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights, not sure what combo yet, Monday-Tuesday seems good, suggestions welcome :).

Cheers
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    In, early in the week is better. What tyres and is there are car set up you guys like for these cars??
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome Anon, it will be early, I'm favouring Monday & Wednesday but as I said I'm open to discussion.
    Was going to leave tyre's to whatever is default for each car, obviously 30 min isn't going to amount to too many laps of the Nord, roughly 4 is my guess, but running the softest compound is going to be of some assistance to lap times, so tyre choice will be yours to make.
    Sorry mate I have no setups, was going to do some laps in each car see what I can come up with, it's a hard track to set up for, Im going for a nice balance personally, but I think track knowledge will be a huge help, so, much practice happening this week me thinks!!

Also I'm interested at what would be the best time slot, as we're dealing with the good ole Oz time zone issue. Ive got no real problem with time slot, I can start most anytime, but I'm leaning towards 6.30pm WST 8.30pm EST, this way we're done by 8pm wst 10pm est, also allows for an early finish if there are delays. Don't wish to keep you guys that start work early up late.
    So what start time would everyone be best suited too?

Cheers
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    8:17.786, but which car? ooohhhoaah :eek: lol :p
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    :rolleyes: Nice one mate, I reckon it was the xbow?

I'll be practicing all week, gonna get to know every bump and curb on this track :D
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The out lap is a bit of a pain. For some reason the timer starts from when you enter your pit/vehicle - that's OK - But it doesn't zero again the first time you go over the start finish.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah I don't get that either, I hope it doesn't make it hard to record times, I'm also a little confused with the track, I was under the impression that the Nord took in the Nurburgring?o_O

Sorry I haven't made it up for some laps:(, stepped out the back door at the wrong time late this morning, misses had the whip in hand :eek:.
    I'll be on tonight if there's nothing more important happening :)
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

It makes the first lap effectively meaningless, so you loose 6-9mins of unproductive time in the session each time you reset to pits. Just have to make sure the session time is adequate to allow for it I guess.

You can see the Nurburgring GP track on the track map, but Nurburging Nordschliefe plus the GP track is the 24hr variant.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hmm may have to rethink the 3x30 min sessions to compensate for the loss of that 1st lap, maybe 2x45 might be better suited to this track?

Ahhh ok, thanks for clearing that up KoAStR, yeah it was the trackmap and visuals of the main straight grandstand of the Nurburgring that had me going.

Cheers
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Did a 7:18 last night in the 312t, wasn't even a clean lap, found a real stable setup after some tinkering ;) will test some more today.
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    sign me up :) not the strongest at the green hell but its all in the name of fun.also what version of the cobra?its had a few physics changes since .02 also there is a reliant robin now!! ;P lol
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Done :).
    I wasn't sure if there were updates to the Cobra, will have to get the updated version. yeah seen the Reliant Robin mod, not sure I wanna go there, lol.o_O:eek:
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    haha i havent driven it yet just seen it lol they are having trouble with the crash box to make the car tilt when it corners its also impossible for it to flip also due to ac crash box design haha be a laugh though
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Guys, have set Mon11th & Wed13th of Aug as the official start dates for the Green Hell/Nords Challenge.
    Updated OP :) Need a start time that is suitable for all, suggestions please?

After a practice session it was discovered by KoAStR that the 1st lap doesn't count in practice, not sure about qually and race, will check it out. So I felt at this point qualifying will only be a 20 minute session, basically you'll have an out lap and one shot at a qualifier based on current lap times, to make it any longer would almost make qualifying an enduro event:p, hope this is ok for everyone?

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    The v2.5 Cobra is now up on the server, so you can update your AC files now, sorry for the delay getting it sorted.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.