AC [COMPLETED] The Nordschleife Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    so ummmm bad news guys cobra just got another update tonight not sure on what changes were made though think it was the crash box of the car to eliminate scraping for few tracks including nord.Snoopy was talking about it on pg 48

also a euro racing truck got released its in the physics section was a slap on model for now but physics are tight :)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks for the info Tovey, will check the cobra out asap, any chance of a link to the truck?

Cheers:)
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Seems there has been a few mods updated and released, the Vette C6R beta has been updated, the FCM F1 season Beta is out, this is the same team that did the GP2 mod.
    And the Seat Ibiza 1995 v6 and v6Turbo was released yesterday.
    "GET EM HERE"
    Will defo be looking into the Vette ;) would love to see em do the new C7R.

Heres the update list for the cobra:
    Current Version
    v0.5

Final skin templates updated and released. If you download skins separately they need to be re downloaded along with the latest version to match correctly.

Other Updates -
    changes to suspension
    changes to fuel tank position
    changes to default gearing for the S/C
    changes to default setup (brake balance)
    collider updated to prevent scrapping
    auto gearbox updated so car no longer gets stuck in gear
    driver steer animation finished
    brake disc texture fixed
    material tweaks and improvements
    fly cam now works in showroom
    car made even more awesome

Cheers
    hairybear, Tovey_4saken and KoAStR like this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I have updated the Cobra to the latest v0.5, link for the mod is in my post above:rolleyes: Please update your game to be able to run the Cobra.

Cheers :)
    hairybear and Tovey_4saken like this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    hairybear and AJ.Scott like this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Btw guys get yourselves in teamspeak on the nights. can verbally share tips that way but there's a text chat too if you lack a mic and a fileserver to share setup files. I'm happy to share what I have (just the cobra and a basic set for the 312T so far)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Speaking of "on the night" what time is good for everyone? 7.30, 8, 9 EST that is, not forgetting Koastr and I are WST.

Cheers
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Pretty sure I am good to go with teamspeak, but not as sure about the setups. That Fezza feels like driving on glass. Would love to have a look at your setup Dave. I spent some time on the 1M challenge tonight - lower powered car and less forgiving track but it is hard work coming from GT6 physics to this. I found a few things that made it feel very stable and much better to drive, but at a massive cost to speed - like 7-8 seconds. After some mucking around I found a fast setup that was drivable...just anyway, and even beat Dave's time (by .015...) but I'm not sure I would have done a 20 lap race in that setup. So yeah, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    anytimes good for me mate :)
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    6:30pm WST is probably the earliest I can make. Maybe scape in for 6 on Wednesday, might be even later Mondays but that's the beauty of running it twice in the week. This Monday I am going away for a long weekend, not sure what time I'll be back, hopefully early enough.

@Anon666 Lol which time did you beat, the 1M Special Event time or a time at Nord? Anyway. More than happy to help with setups where I can. Not too much that's adjustable on the 1M. For the Fezza using the length of the gears and not maintaining too high revs really helps. For instance, I never drop it down to first even though it drops to really low in the rev range for 2nd in the tight corners. Still plenty of torque. A bit more front BB helps too but I have made quite a few minor setup adjustments now, the most critical of which is the simplest - putting the soft boots on and increasing the downforce (rear to max and front increase by the same, 6° front and 10° rear I think). Achieved a sub 7min time the other day, bit more in it too.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ok so looks like 6.30pm WST 8.30pm EST for starters, I will post exact details tomorrow.
    @KoAStR Thanks for providing your setups mate, your a legend :D

Cheers:)
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    hey guys was doing some practice laps in the bmw when i messed up a turn and smacked the wall.Well to my surprise my front left wheel vanished completely even with mech damage off and was undriveable so not sure what happend if maybe the walls cause glitchs or it was just a once off? im running V1.1 cant remember the turn ill try to get a pic tomorrow and try to recreate the accident (should be easy enough) :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Id say it's a one of mate, ive stacked into almost every wall lol, never had that before.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I've had a few stacks in the server and no damage so guessing it's a one off? The walls can be a little weird at Nord though. You can warp half way through some of them, and one I went behind the end of then I couldn't see the wall from the other side so it was hard to find the way out! o_O

Also note that in one of the recent AC updates damage and tyre wear controls were assigned to the server, so your local settings may not affect it for online play any more.
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Which event...ahh, not telling, cause then you'll go smash that time on me. The event uses the modded (S3?) 1M so you can change camber, toe, tyre pressure, and fuel - not gears though. I used a setup posted on the AC forum (I think) and it was only slightly different to stock but tyre pressures went from 35 to 30 or 29. Got onto the track and top speed was reduced by about 20kph and didn't really need to use 5th gear at Vallelunga either. Car was super easy to drive, lots of right foot to the floor, but I went from 1:54.xxx to a 2:02.xxx?? The loss of speed was the same with tyre pressure up to 34, so I don't think it was that. Anyway, just saying I have not got a feel for the game yet so any advice is appreciated.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah hoping it was just a one off its only this one corner i crash at (must not be going fast enough) its a crest straight into a blind turn and theres sand there and going from 5th to 2nd way too late i just lock up haha keep forgetting its there every lap im going to jump on in a bit and cut some laps and start remembering this death turn lol :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    snagged myself a problem jumped on the server for the first time and have been repeatedly slapped with 95% cpu usage and fps from max 110 min 65 to max 40 min 30 choppy,tearing but every now and then it jumps to 70 fps not too sure what is going on tried every car and high or low settings few amd guys have had trouble but i was in the server alone should of been constant 80fps and stable no problems offline so ac is not liking something i do lol :)
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Bugger mate, it seems AMD have some had issues with AC, well they did in the early days but most were solved, I'll have a hunt around the traps see what I can find, but it may be due to the track, it's pretty GPU intensive.
    Still doesn't really explain your problem, the 95% CPU warning was related mainly to AI load, most peeps would get the warning when to many AI were on track, anything above 12 AI caused the problem on low end PC's, but the AI have been optimised since v0.8.5.
    My suggestion at this point would be to lower your graphic settings, see if that doesn't help, but based on your system spec your shouldn't have any problems.

I'll be on tonight at around 7.30-8pm EST, tried a few laps last night but was to uncomfortable, my back's been given me grief the past few days so haven't been able to practice, teach me for doing more than I should :oops: lol, see ya on track tonight maybe?

Cheers
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah its very odd it doesnt seem to be my gpu but at one stage ac started using 1680mb ram which i found strange usual is max 500 i have 8 gig after system resources about 5-6 gig for gaming maybe i need to get a few more sticks strange how im fine offline with ai but cant move at all online in an empty server. its the cpu that causes it online its usage rapidly jumps from 300-1000 so my frames freeze then run smooth then freeze just cant work out why its fine offline though even with full grid ai.Yeah for sure if i can get on and not have problems.ill try everything on super low itll be ugly but hopefully playable
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    sounds like your CPU is restricting core use online, Ive seen a piece of code for the ini file that instructs the CPU to use 4 cores & 8 threads, I'll try to locate it, it's on Race Department in the AC forums.

Cheers