AC [COMPLETED] The Nordschleife Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sounds like a plan.I might jump on now and play around with ffb and check my setup is within these new rules thingo :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    managed a 6:50 on hards before i had leave the hotbox haha need to buy a little fan for when i race.which if i remember you got a 49 on hards so im in the ball park.I might stick to using hards over softs i just seemed to have better control through the turns but a 5km loss down the straight
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Nords Challenge.
    Week 4: Ferrari 312T F1
    Night 1.

Awesome fun in this 312T, such a cool car to drive and so very rewarding when you get it right, sub 7min was always going
    to be the norm with this old time weapon with its massive rear tyres.

Practise 1, was limited to Anon, Tovey and myself, we found things a little difficult as the 0.22 update felt
    like there were changes affecting grip. So setups were back on the agenda, I failed to get a pic from practise, sorry
    guys, could of sworn I grabbed a screenie. By memory Anon & Tovey were posting sub 7min laps, with low to mid 6:50's
    being the estimated lap time.

Qualify 1, saw things settle somewhat and better times posted, although nowhere near my PB grabbing 2nd spot with a slow 6:59:377, Tovey was in good form and had easily took pole with a 6:54:115. Anon was not doing quite as well with a final time of 7:05:822, which was a surprise as he was doing quicker times during practise.

Race 1, and I got a good start, Tovey and Anon not so good, they had a coming together going up the hill resulting in a
    restart. Restart was good, Toveys was better, Anon's a little slow, but it wasn't long before Tovey had an off and I was
    gifted 1st, kept it together for the remainder of lap 1 and most of lap 2, but the soft rear tyres were overheating and
    going off quicker than expected and I ended up making an error letting Tovey back into P1, then I think I messed up again
    handing Anon 2nd. Koastr had joined during the race.

Practise 2, and things heat up with Koastr dropping into the mid 40's setting a cracking pace that was beyond the reach
    of us mere mortals lol, Koastr eventually posting a 6:45:466, Tovey also posted a new PB stopping the clock at 6:52:348.
    Anon "The Dark Horse" did it again crossing the line with a new PB of 6:54:854 taking off over 10 seconds from his
    previous best time, awesome lap times guys. Once again Anon was in a position of having to end his night early, so it was
    back to 3 for the final qualify and race.

Qualify 2, I was still fighting with setup and becoming more and more frustrated, which just made things worse lol.
    Eventually putting down a half decent 6:58:869, at least it was sub7 minute :). Koastr was going quicker still nailing a
    6:44:857 for a new PB in the 312T. Tovey was being very consistant with a 6:53:314 just shy of a second off his PB.

Race 2, Koastr got a blinder off the line, as did Tovey although there was substantial wheel spin he still managed to get
    a good launch. Wasn't long before I was going off on another armco inspection tour hehehe, ended up jumping back to pits to see if I could get some driveability back into the setup, which I was somewhat successful at, but still much improvement needed for Wednesday nights run.

Qualify 1.
    [​IMG]
    Practise 2.
    [​IMG]
    Qualify 2.
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to Wednesday, hoping I can do much better than I have so far :unsure:
    EDIT: OOPS forgot these
    RESULTS
    Koastr......................................6:44:857
    Tovey_4Saken.........................6:52:348
    Anon666..................................6:54:854
    AJ.Scott....................................6:58:

Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Aaah I love the shots of the cars in the background of the results screens this time. :thumbsup:
    A few more good pictures of the racing is all that's missing at the moment. Pretty difficult to grab a decent screenie without replays for multiplayer sessions being available yet.:rolleyes: I tried to mash the printscreen button during a race the other day but forgot to paste it into paint before I shut down... :x3: Could always spectate another driver and grab screens during a practise session I suppose... but we're all to busy trying to conquer the Green Hell and lay down a lap! :whistling:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Might have to assign a wheel key for F12 :sneaky:, see if that works out for a few racing snaps tomorrow night :D.

Other issue is.......what will we race next week? open to any suggestions, Hint Hint!!:whistling:
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Nordschleife Challenge

Week 4: Ferrari 312T

FINAL NIGHT, of the 4 weeks of the Nordschleife (A.K.A The Green Hell) Challenge and everyone was a little releived that
    it had finally arrived. The four cars that we have driven on the famous track have all shown their individuality in how
    we were able, or, not able, to push them to their limits around this track. It also provided in some sense, an insight
    into the concentration actually required to race any racecar on the edge of it's adhesion and mechanical limits, as well
    as testing driver mental and physical endurance. Steering the 4 cars around this track has been rewarding, frustrating
    and at times exhausting, especially the Cobra, but the thing I will take most from the 4 weeks is the fun and enjoyment I
    experienced racing with you guys, and look forward to many more enjoyable events.

Practise 1, and everyone was pretty keen to get into it, the Ferrari 312T is a sweet machine to drive and would be even
    more rewarding on a circuit better suited to it, which we'll enjoy soon no doubt. Once we got our mojo on some quick laps
    started to pop up on the timesheet, and it wasn't much longer that some new PB's were established. Anon was the only one who struggled with the session, unable to lower his PB finishing the session with a 6:57:181, but we all know you never
    discount the "dark horse" that is Anon666, "He'll Be Back" soon enough. I had done some home work offline and found some setup improvements which enabled me to post a new PB of 6:50:458 ripping some 8 seconds off Mondays best, which I was happy with, but there was more there I just had to find it. Koastr too made gains on Monday nights 6:44:8 PB, shaving just over 700th of a second off to post a new PB of 6:44:127 an amazing effort. But the session belonged to
    Tovey_4Saken, who had posted a 6:52:348 PB on monday night, came totally out of the blue to 1st post a 6:48:xxx, then go on to further reduce his time to a very quick PB of 6:46:834, well done Tovey, infact, well done everyone.

Qualify 1, and everyone seemed to be taking it easy, either that or mistakes where being made costing time. In my case
    that was exactly the case, don't know what it is about the word "Qualify" but it messes with my mojo and I make silly
    mistakes, a bummer for sure, but I'll get there. I posted a very embarrasing 7:50:653. Koastr and Tovey also posted
    slower qualifying than practise times, Koastr took pole with a 6:44:795 and Tovey 2nd on the grid with a 6:50:675, I get
    the feeling setups were being tinkered with. Anon666 was the only one to do any better in the session and improved his
    PB, the Dark Horse had emerged again and knocked almost a second off his Monday PB of 6:54:854, to a new PB of 6:53:906 and 3rd on the grid, Gratz Anon.

Race 1, well what can I say......Don't remember much about it as I was to busy concentrating, but I know Koastr was 1st
    lol. Maybe someone else can elaborate on the details.

Practise 2, and everyone had saved their best till last it seems, the 60 minute session saw both Koastr and Tovey_4Saken
    take a few seconds each off there PB's, with Koastr eventually smashing roughly 2.3 seconds off his PB going from
    6:44:127 to set an incredible time of 6:41:835, which is outstanding any way you look at it. Tovey too took a huge lump
    of time of his BP of 6:46:834 to post an amazing new PB time of 6:44:161 some 2.7 seconds faster, and a mere 2.326
    seconds behind Koastr, just amazing Gratz to Tovey and Koastr. Even I had a crack at a new PB dropping just shy of half a
    second to post a new PB of 6:49:934, gratz to me, lol. Anon sadly was out of time and had to leave due to needing some
    shuteye for an early start in the Morning.

Qualify 2, and Koastr Tovey & myself had reached the point of knowing that to get any quicker would take something
    extremely alien, lol, and the lap times reflected that fact, with Koastr posting a 6:43:037, Tovey with a 6:45:727 and
    myself with another embarrasing qualifying lap of 7:26:329 :(. Koastr was unable to stay for the final race and left
    Tovey and I to wind things up.

Race 3, and Tovey and I ran the 3 laps in the order we started, the only thing that changed was the distance between us,
    as I was still making to many mistakes, ending up some half a lap behind when Tovey crossed the line for the last time in
    the Nordschleife Challenge.

Practise 1.
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying 1,
    [​IMG]
    Practise 2,
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying 2,
    [​IMG]

RESULTS

Koastr.....................................6:41:835
    Tovey_4Saken........................6:44:161
    AJ.Scott..................................6:49:934
    Anon666.................................6:53:906

My thanks to the guys for showing up each night to take part in the first of hopefully many more fun events with Assetto
    Corsa, I look forward to our next event.

Final Overall results in the OP

Cheers.
    KoAStR, Anon666 and Tovey_4saken like this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks for putting than on AJ it was most enjoyable. Wow the times really tightened up close in this last session. Good stuff :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah thanks again AJ, was good fun. Don't want to see the Green Hell for a while though...
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Don't stress Anon, we wont be back there for a loooooooong time :D