Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Apologies for missing the meet and greet, wasnt ready after my bucks night the night before....
    Just did some practice... Better late than never :)
    Looking forward to Sunday night.
    Sorry Jamie, I won't be able to report this season as I did last time around as I won't be there for all the rounds. happy to back up whenever I can.

What sort of times are the cool kids doing, I got a high 19.... Am I in the ballpark???
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, not too far away mate.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Im suprised how much fun this car/track combo is im getting consistant high 19s maybe the occasional mid 19
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If only tuning were allowed in the sunday league races...... Managed a 1:18.2 on my 1st clean lap with my setup on her which involves an extra 20kg of ballast. Sadly i'm 2.5s slower with the stock settings, The cars so much more fun to throw around when you can get it to behave however you want.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Race day is finally here!! Less than 10 hours till the battle for the wooden spoon commences. @razor4797 I hope you turn up to make it a 2 horse race ;). Just a bit of friendly advice when your lapping me for either the 1st 2nd or 3rd time I'll try get out of your way but please do it on the straights if you can which should be easy enough seeing most of you have 10kmh in exit speed on me. I wish all you podium contenders the best of luck. May we have an incident free race and may the best man win :D.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Don't believe that for a second get me. !

Good luck tonight guys, just hope we all get into the room ok and the first lap is incident free.

Please don't let the red mist get in the way of a great race, am really looking forward to a season of big grids and battles no matter where I am.

Oh, and I have taken off one of miks wheels !! He doesn't know yet !
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

We shall see stu. I'm not trying to be anymore negative than I already have been as i'm trying to thinking optimistically at the moment but after seeing div 5 do 19.9's div 4 do 19.4's div 3 do 18.9's and div 1 do 18.5's on a full tank my 20.4 best just isnt gonna cut it in div 2 unfortunately. My goal is just to not crash (A big achievement for me as I constantly run wide when pushing for a 20.X lap) and give razor a run for his money as we're on an even playing field.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You'll be right.

I ran 20 laps last night, buggered if I can get into the 18s ! My only grace will be that there isnt a lot of drop off from new tires to 10 lap tires, so hopefully the fast guys kill theirs and the turtle finishes in the top half !
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    who in div 5 is doing 19.9's
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well I've seen vardz do consistent low 20's and after his team practice with warrior mentioned he had found another few tenths so I only assume he broke into the 19's.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Good luck to everyone in the season opener tonight, it's going to be a great season!

"There is no compromise. You give everything you have. Everything, absolutely everything." -Ayrton Senna.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Apart from the Nurburgring, this is my only opportunity to get a first win. I've never lost a league race at Deep Forest before. 2/2.

I could only pop a 1:19.113.
  13. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Sry guys but I'm a late withdrawal due to work commitments popping up very last minute :(

Was looking forward to tonight as my fastest lap was 18.5 and race pace was 18.9 even when tyres were getting to 7. Those times prob would keep me in top for 4 for the race :(

Shattered can't make it as I've done over 1000km at this track in less then a week.

Good luck to everyone tonight and hopefully the PD gremlins stay away so everyone can compete.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Looks like it will be mid pack at best for me.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @vh, bugger mate. Hate it when that happens.

At least you have the drop round so it won't hurt you at all.

@tb, see you somewhere in the middle !
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

@vh_mik those times would have given you a win by well over 20s and would have you lapping me easily even if I ran a perfect race.
    @t_b_williams you'll be podium or there about mate.
  17. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I did a 19.2 and was stocked till I heard people were doing 18.5 wtf
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I pulled off an 18.9 once, but sadly havent done better than 19.3 otherwise, was one of those laps that just come out of nowhere to shock you, how Div1 do that as an average, absolutley beyond me! Good luck everyone! Hoping for clean, side by side, close racing where we have no clue who the winner is until that flag drops!
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    lol

EDIT: Well, that's far too much excitement for me to start the season off with. I just hope I could replicate nxet week, because I have a sneaking suspicion that it is just the track.

That was a brilliant win, t_b! You came out of nowhere, especially from where you qualified. And thanks to Cob for being my rival throughout =P Now that I think about it, we're meant to be teammates!!!
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Uuummmmm Yeah. LOL
    JonoStan96 likes this.