Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I am so happy with my first win even if it was a gift from AO. I was happy to put it on the front row of the grid with the pace that WTF and AO had over a single lap during practice. Got off to a good jump and tucked in behind AO but Pykey was all over me, I ran wide at turn 1 to give him some space but found a gap to tuck in behind him before we entered the tunnel. I got a good run out of the final turn and passed him down the straight and set about catching AO but he was already well clear.

I saw the battle of about 6 cars behind me and I wanted no part in that so I pinned my ears back and went for it. WTF emerged from the group behind me and he started reeling me in slightly each lap. I kept my strategy of pit stop on lap 12. I lost a fraction of a second as Ad2mny pulled in to his pit bay in front of me WTF jumped me for position. At this point I noticed that AO had DSC'd and WTF and I were battling for the race lead.
    WFT was on cold tyres and I had to pounce while I had an advantage. My plan was to never try an overtake on the inside of the last turn as it washed off too much speed and hindered top end speed down the straight. I was right on WTF's bumped and when he blocked on the inside of the final turn I took the outside and I slingshot past him down the straight. He sat on my bumper for about 6 laps, I was running 1:08.8's every lap but still couldn't shake him. He tried to pass on the inside of the final turn a few times but I stuck to my outside line and outran him down the straight every time.
    Whoever made the first mistake was gone and luckily for me WTF ran wide at turn 1 and gave me the buffer I needed, but that was as hard as I have ever been pushed in a race before. I pulled enough of a gap to pit again and get back out in the lead and all I had to do is keep it on the road and victory was mine. I would have loved to chase down AO for the win but that's racing and I will take the win.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    We'll done mate, I am glad u had a good clean race
    DekGT5mad and SPL Racing like this.
  3. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Well done to podiums. Sorry All I couldnt make it last minute as I had a really sick kid at home.
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Righto just finished my advanced math test now to right up my race report. Coming into the race I had no confidence and no pace but when I had a run with @MINT_GTR he pointed out my errors now I was very happy and had pace. Qualifying was tough I binned my first 3 laps and was sitting in 8th. But I managed to pull a 1.09.1xx and come a solid 3rd. The start of the race I got off to a flyer was sitting right with SPL but I had different technique at the first corner which led to people getting on my bumper. I dropped back a little bit but at that stage I was getting pushed, bumped, nudged left right center, I got pushed wide by someone and they got the spot and eventually took off leaving me behind which didn't matter. After the drama that went on for those first few laps I found myself with Ad2mny and emmo and eventually 3vilmoon and neemo battle for 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7t. It was a fierce battle pack very quick and tight. I tried to get round knowing I had some good pace and I was running 1.08.9's and 1.09 flats in that pack I had to get round, I managed to get round Ad but emmo was holding me off very well. I had the last pit box which cost me 5 seconds per stop because I pulled in and I was parked and the pit crew wasnt around my car nothing was set up I had to wait for them to get the tyres and run round to the otherside of my car to begin my service. So I lost around 10 seconds throughout the race which proved very costly. Rejoined found myself behind emmo and Ad after both stops I began my Assault.I attacked and attacked them both knowing they were in the same team and I badly wanted a podium stop for TLR. The middle stint was hard the tyres were very worn because i did a really long stint for fresh air and it worked ok. I got out with 12 laps left behind Ad and emmo I had a lot of ground to make so I executed my assault and got right behind Ad. I was attacking him for around 9 laps before i executed a move at the last corner around the inside. In the process of battling with Ad we caught emmo and I was right on his bumper. I had a lunge up the inside at the final corner trying to go up the inside and do what I did to Ad but he held me off so I sat behind him pushing trying to make a move. Last lap comes and I was in the zone I was so close to him I could have touched his rear wing with my hand. Emmo ran wide at the second corner and I was like wooooooooooooo (but felt sorry for him because he raced well.. I cruised home with Ad behind me. Was a great race.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny, Peter Wise and 3 others like this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    That mid race/mid pack battle was awesome while it lasted.
    Double drafting both Evil and you was insane, and i thought I could get the inside line on you going through turn 1.
    Not sure if you saw me there or not, but thankfully PD ghosted us as you starting turning into me.
    The next couple of corners were a mess as I slowed a little so we weren't driving inside each other, but coming out of the tunnel, Evil was ghosted inside of me as I again tried taking the inside line.
    Slowed again to avoid all the ghosting issues, and ended up a little off the tail.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and pykeybraa145 like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm breathless after reading that, my race was very interesting but certainly not as interesting as yours. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with myself after fighting hard to get to third place only to throw it all away, I had touched the grass there countless times without catastrophe but this time it bit hard. The PD gods just sent me back to 10th where my lap times would suggest I belong.
    My heart was in my mouth when on lap three you skewed sideways in front of me entering the tunnel, I slowed and went left to try to avoid you but we touched, I suspect the touch may have straightened you out. I really enjoyed the battles I had with you, pykey and for a little while with neemo and evil, but the last stint trying to stay ahead of you and pykey had me pushing harder than I wanted. Great race despite the miserable ending for me, the best 38 laps I have had and nearly a podium after so many races without one.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  7. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Well done podium winners. Was caught up in the mid pack battle at the start, finally got clear once I got down past xevil at the tunnel and then jim aka on the final corner were he ran wide and I had it on the kerb, deff no lag punt there. I had best seat in the house when pykey, add2mny and Emmo were in fierce battle, managed to latch onto the back of them only to be passed by xevil. Turn 1 and 2 saw xevil try a brave pass on ad2mny which slowed them both up and left a small gap for me to thread with pinball like effect. Had a great battle with ad2mny running side by side threw few corners. Im guessing xevil trying to bump me off on the straight was return serve from my dive in the tunnel lol. Overall happy with starting in 9th to finish 5th and hold off the fast coming xevil in the later laps
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    PIR sandwich :D
    Shame it didn't stick for long
    DekGT5mad, Molch and Ad2mny like this.
  9. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Yea I pushed very hard that's why I was loosing a lot of time in the final stint because I overdrove either way it was a brilliant race except for the disconnections
  10. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    I
    I 100% agree!
    pykeybraa145 and DekGT5mad like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Would love to see your replay and compare it to mine.... Shows you lagging everywhere and using me to turn the corner for you. :cool: Anyway, what's done is done, as I said before looking forward to the next race.
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    This is the reason everybody needs to have their routers done. The lag is possibly being created by the extra time taken for the data to run through the firewall in the router that the DMZ eliminates.If everybody also has their ports done,you'll find the replays will match up better,as all parties WILL be able to see each other.I'm not going to call anybody out,but i can tell you all that it is OBVIOUS on my replay who has and who hasn't.
    If you do have your router done but you are still lagging,it will be for one of the following reasons,check in this order:
    1: The Media Server Connectivity function in the Network Settings on your PS3 is ON.(Enabled)
    Remedy=TURN IT OFF(DISABLE)
    2: PSP/VITA Connectivity turned ON(Enabled)
    Remedy=TURN IT OFF(DISABLE)
    3: Incorrect-Slow ADSL/ADSL2+ Profile.On your ISP account webpage,you will find a section on profiles(or similar meaning name),that will have a number of settable profiles starting at low latency and moving in 6 steps,very high speed,high speed,standard,high reliability,& very high reliability. Most ISP's use these names(They are the correct terminology),but some make up their own,but they still have 6 models & go from lowest ping/highest possibility of instability(depending on distance from exchange) to highest ping/lowest possibility of instability(more error checking,ergo longer ping).Generally when first connected it will be on the standard profile,which is for general usage like video streaming,net surfing,etc. Low Latency is the ideal choice for racing,Ping 15-25ms,but the exchange needs to be within 500m-1km of you,or instability WILL result..Very high Speed & High Speed are next best,Pings of 20-30ms & 30-40ms,and suitable for up to 5km from the exchange,or instability MAY occur Once you get down to the Standard & slower your ping will be greater than 50-80ms as they are the minimum times for the firewall error checking,not including actual data transport time.If you are in any of these profiles you will have lag as it is the nature of those profiles.If you can't find the profiles or you're not sure how far you are from your exchange,call your ISP,they can tell you,and change the profile for you.If you are doing it yourself DO NOT USE ANNEX 'M' PROFILES UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE YOUR LOCAL EXCHANGE IS ANNEX 'M' ENABLED AND YOUR MODEM/ROUTER IS ANNEX 'M' CAPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR YOU WILL BE MAKING AN EMBARRASSING PHONE CALL TO YOUR ISP!!!!!!!! OR MUM!!!!!LOL!!!!!!
    If you can use Annex 'M' it is recommended for racing as you can sacrifice some of your download speed for upload speed. I can get 8.5Mbps download & 890Kbps upload with a 22ms ping,in ADSL/2+ low latency,but in Annex 'M' ADSL/2+ low latency i get 7.2Mbps Download & 1.3Mbps Upload,with 22ms ping.That extra bit of upload capability is extremely well received by GT6,and doesn't effect the incoming data at all,more than 4Mbps is overkill & not necessary,even with 16 cars.
    These profiles are MEANT to be changed for different applications,there is no reason to be afraid of doing it,but take note that it can take up to an hour to change over in peak times,so you need to plan ahead,although your ISP can FORCE change it for you.
    Good Luck!!!!!:):)
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    My race defining moment!!! lol :):(:(;):p:cool:
    Derek phone 011.jpg
    Derek phone 012.jpg
    Derek phone 013.jpg
    Derek phone 014.jpg
    Derek phone 015.jpg
    Derek phone 016.jpg
    As you can see i lost so much ground waiting for the damage to clear & had no speed down the straight,probably the worst spot it could've happened!! lol
    K1W1_Driver,does your replay show you jumping through/ahead of me as it slowed me for the AI takeover at our first stop?I hit pit road a good 2secs ahead of you,but as i slowed automatically coming to the line you suddenly appeared in front of me and then scooted into your pit bay,slowing me again as i got close,then even though i only took 10 litres of fuel + tyres you beat me out by a good 10 secs:confused:
    unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I SAY...............................W.T.F.??????????????????????????????
    ROTFLMFAO!!!:D
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

As for the pit if cut the solid white or yellow line going into the pits it will reset you.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I See said the blindman,sitting at the corner of a round table,while reading to his deaf son.:confused::oops:
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Wtf indeed Dek lol
  18. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Don't know about it been obvious champ, I thought pykey done his and he lags, iv done mine and I was jumpy, also jim aka was all over the shop.

Also if your gonna drop your bottom lip at peachy about taking you out, you havnt watched the replay well enough to see yourself leave pit lane and shoot in front of jim as he was tearing down the straight think it was lol.
  19. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Yeah that was a bit of a "F*%$ ME" moment. :D Think my race was almost done by then tho, decided to try and squeeze an extra lap out of the tyres before the second stop when i saw a few cars in the pit lane, promptly spun at turn 2. Idiot.:rolleyes:
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  20. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Was probably just my :):):):)ty driving... :eek: lol